Hykems twitter was first set to private and now deleted.

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, let's draw out this little scenario then:
[...]
But then people on 10 more firmwares can use the exploit. Who is telling you, that there is even another exploit that will be found after this one?

Trust me: releasing an exploit that can be patched easily is really stupid unless you have another one ready. (and the platform is likely to get new updates)

Last edited by Maschell,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
must be true then..... :rofl2::teach:
How fucking stupid can you be? Do you really think they'd deprive themselves of 10s of millions of potential sales on the VC from O3DS users just for arbitrary reasons? No one is going to buy a new console to play SNES GAMES. It's not a sales pitch. They know this, and I don't know why you seem too stupid to breathe and yet here you are.

The 3DS has a 268 MHz dual-core CPU, one core of which is reserved for the operating system. I had a PC in 1997 that was faster than this. Were you even alive back then? Because I'm guessing not. It ran ZSNES pretty well, but ZSNES was a HLE that made huge sacrifices to accuracy in favor of speed.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/...-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

Nintendo is probably not doing cycle-accurate emulation to get some scanline artifacts to show up in a single obscure game, but I guarantee you the O3DS is not powerful enough to emulate the SNES up to VC standards, and VC games run very accurately.

Let's apply a little common sense, ok?

D

Deleted User

But then people on 10 more firmwares can use the exploit. Who is telling you, that there is even another exploit that will be found after this one?

Trust me: releasing an exploit that can be patched easily is really stupid unless you have another one ready. (and the platform is likely to get new updates)
You're forgetting the fact that there are 2 current kernel exploits that have been developed. So basically, one can be released, and then the other can be
preserved for your "next 10 updates" theory. :)

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not like Nintendo isnt begging for hackers. no crossbuy or region free there asking for it. why would you want to spend money on a company that treats its fans like dirt. overpriced classics
Gotta agree here, for the most part, but...

and they censor everything.
muh face rubbing lewd weeb girls!

Censoring anything doesn't significantly affect the game. It's not making the main part of the game unplayable, but rather just minor features like bust size adjustment, lewd costumes and minigames. And there are a bunch of other lewd games you could play that aren't Fire Emblem or Xenoblade.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
How fucking stupid can you be? Do you really think they'd deprive themselves of 10s of millions of potential sales on the VC from O3DS users just for arbitrary reasons? No one is going to buy a new console to play SNES GAMES. It's not a sales pitch. They know this, and I don't know why you seem too stupid to breathe and yet here you are.

The 3DS has a 268 MHz dual-core CPU, one core of which is reserved for the operating system. I had a PC in 1997 that was faster than this. Were you even alive back then? Because I'm guessing not. It ran ZSNES pretty well, but ZSNES was a HLE that made huge sacrifices to accuracy in favor of speed.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/...-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

Nintendo is probably not doing cycle-accurate emulation to get some scanline artifacts to show up in a single obscure game, but I guarantee you the O3DS is not powerful enough to emulate the SNES up to VC standards, and VC games run very accurately.

Let's apply a little common sense, ok?
Dude, the o3ds runs gba emulation. The gba requires more power then snes.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Gotta agree here, for the most part, but...

Censoring anything doesn't significantly affect the game. It's not making the main part of the game unplayable, but rather just minor features like bust size adjustment, lewd costumes and minigames. And there are a bunch of other lewd games you could play that aren't Fire Emblem or Xenoblade.
it's not the point it's the fact of their disregard for their adult audience they need to kidify everything is BS when I buy a game i expect i'm getting what i paid for unaltered

Last edited by Raylight,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karmic lesson IMO to scene kiddies who think they can lord over people and exploit the communities hopes for their own e-peen. They have been stifling the scene with their politics and internal games, If someone wants to be "the first person to Climb Everest" and you have people like Hykem saying "I am on the summit, proofs coming next week" other people don't want to start the climb if it's allegedly already been done.

Who is going to start coding IOSU when someone continually claims it is already done so don't bother, see ya in February>

So I am glad the doxx happened, release something or shutup. If you want it "private" keep it private, private does not mean unreleased while you use it to hype your cred.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not the point its the fact of there disregard for their adult audience they need to kidify everything is BS
They hardly care for any "adult audience" to be completely fair. They're a company geared towards releasing games appropriate for all ages. They don't make "mature" games. And the things that are appropriate and acceptable to all ages in Japan aren't the same as what it is in the western countries.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North

Why I agree on the part that it doesn't make the main part of the game unplayable, I still hate censoring. Is there really a need for the games to be censored? Are Japanese kids (admitting that all people playing games are kids) more mature than European/US ones?

If I buy a game, I want the WHOLE game. Not a game with some features removed because that could have offended me. If I fear something might bother me, I just look at the PEGI / ESRB rating on the jacket.

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one thing I've learned over the years in this scene is that we are all greedy and want everything "right now"—n00bs, devs, hackers, veterans, etc... everyone! =) With that said, I'm just as guilty of with wanting it "right now" and wanting it to "work later" too. It's a constant struggle of, "Which is better?".

Hypothetical Situation... Nintendo prepares to release a new console (NX?) with backwards compatibility of WiiU games. If IOSU exploit is released now, it will certainly be patched on the new console. If the IOSU exploit is kept secret until the new console is released, there is already a potential entry point for a hack.

On The Other Hand... It's very possible that the new console will be completely unlike the WiiU, and it won't matter anyway. Now, several months+ of waiting was worthless.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS doesn't emulate the GBA. It has the native GBA hardware.
It isn't emulation, it's pretty much like GBA Nintendon't - it runs the game in the DS mode's GBA mode.
You're right. My bad.
Karmic lesson IMO to scene kiddies who think they can lord over people and exploit the communities hopes for their own e-peen. They have been stifling the scene with their politics and internal games, If someone wants to be "the first person to Climb Everest" and you have people like Hykem saying "I am on the summit, proofs coming next week" other people don't want to start the climb if it's allegedly already been done.

Who is going to start coding IOSU when someone continually claims it is already done so don't bother, see ya in February>

So I am glad the doxx happened, release something or shutup. If you want it "private" keep it private, private does not mean unreleased while you use it to hype your cred.
Yeah, this news has made me really happy.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Why I agree on the part that it doesn't make the main part of the game unplayable, I still hate censoring. Is there really a need for the games to be censored? Are Japanese kids (admitting that all people playing games are kids) more mature than European/US ones?

If I buy a game, I want the WHOLE game. Not a game with some features removed because that could have offended me. If I fear something might bother me, I just look at the PEGI / ESRB rating on the jacket.
exactly.

@Marionumber1 @SonyUSA @Mathew_Wi @NWPlayer123 has Hykem been pinched by the cops? do any of you know anything?
thats classified lol jk idk

Last edited by Raylight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol