Hykems twitter was first set to private and now deleted.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why I agree on the part that it doesn't make the main part of the game unplayable, I still hate censoring. Is there really a need for the games to be censored? Are Japanese kids (admitting that all people playing games are kids) less mature than European/US ones?

If I buy a game, I want the WHOLE game. Not a game with some features removed because that could have offended me. If I fear something might bother me, I just look at the PEGI / ESRB rating on the jacket.
This is Nintendo. Their biggest audience is young kids, not massive weebs. American culture isn't the same as Japanese culture, and the game ends up changed to compensate. The core story and gameplay is still the same, and a majority of other content remains. And this "censorship" only happens to majorly niche games anyways. Most other games remain unchanged, features-wise.

Not even joking, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't mind the censorship. Is it because I'm the only one who isn't a massive weeb?

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
This is Nintendo. Their biggest audience is young kids, not massive weebs. American culture isn't the same as Japanese culture, and the game ends up changed to compensate. The core story and gameplay is still the same, and a majority of other content remains. And this "censorship" only happens to majorly niche games anyways. Most other games remain unchanged, features-wise.

Not even joking, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't mind the censorship. Is it because I'm the only one who isn't a massive weeb?
Some of us like our games as is yes im an Otaku who loves anime girls in skimpy suits so what.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of us like our games as is yes im an Otaku who loves anime girls in skimpy suits so what.
If you want your weeb stuff, go play something even more lewd. Like some Japanese dating sim, or a hentai game.
Nintendo games aren't designed to be lewd, you're doing it wrong. They're designed to be fun.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Censoring anything doesn't significantly affect the game.

Except for when it does. Bravely second, for example, has a lot of story elements changed for whatever reason. Also, the scenarios where you "lose" are gone, and only those where you "win" have been kept. That's the kind of stuff that really bothers me. Well, the rest bothers me too, but the removed bits are easier to put back in. It just seems condescending and silly of the localization team, really.

Last edited by osaka35,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that weeby school girl shit is ruining games for one.
It's always been there, it's just the drama from "muh censorship" that's ruining games. And the Internet.

...How the hell does a thread on Hykem turn into a thread on game censorship?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except for when it does. Bravely second, for example, has a lot of story elements changed for whatever reason. Also, the scenarios where you "lose" are gone, and only those where you "win" have been kept. That's the kind of stuff that really bothers me. Well, the rest bothers me too, but the removed bits are easier to put back in. It just seems condescending, really.
I don't believe that was developed by Nintendo. Go blame some other company.

Edit: go blame Square Enix and Silicon Studios

Last edited by CeeDee, , Reason: weebs

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want your weeb stuff, go play something even more lewd. Like some Japanese dating sim, or a hentai game.
Nintendo games aren't designed to be lewd, you're doing it wrong. They're designed to be fun.
I respect your opinion im not fighting over this

dosnt nintendo have to tell them what goes?

Last edited by Raylight,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, so your argument now is that when nintendo is in charge of the censorship, it never significantly affects a game. I'll see if I can find any examples for you to the contrary.

edit:Most of the changes in the states over the years seem to revolve around not being offensive to our the parts of our culture that are overly religious, toning down sex and violence. Such as in fire emblem, where Nintendo reiterated that the North American and European version of the game will have no expression which might be considered as gay conversion or drugging that occurs between characters. You see it as minor, but most people who aren't of that religious persuasion see it as condescending and backwards.

Last edited by osaka35,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: GIngaRanga

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if devs are so against piracy, we shouldnt have cfw on 3ds, because come on, the entire 3ds scene is about piracy (well, almost all of it) and devs still release stuff for the 3ds... i dont know why people gets so mad about pirating the wiiu, it is inevitable :v

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
if devs are so against piracy, we shouldnt have cfw on 3ds, because come on, the entire 3ds scene is about piracy (well, almost all of it) and devs still release stuff for the 3ds... i dont know why people gets so mad about pirating the wiiu, it is inevitable :v
its selling bad enough for ppl to care lol

Reactions: DeslotlCL

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Their* morality shit about piracy didn't matter to the gaming companies, did it? Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Good old American calories not good enough for the namby pamby metric boys?