Hyperkin is bringing back the Xbox 360 controller for the current gen

xboxnxonx.png

The defacto gamepad for PC and Xbox gaming circa 2005 is making a return. After resurrecting the original Xbox "duke" controller, Hyperkin is bringing back the Xbox 360 gamepad, 17 years after its debut. It's referred to as the Xenon controller, and looks just like the original 360 controller, with a few modernizations; it sports Menu, View, and Share buttons now, uses USB-C, and has a 3.5mm headphone jack. There are four colors available, ranging from the original white, to the 360 Slim-styled black, pink, and red. No pricing was revealed, but Hyperkin's original Xbox controller retailed for $70 when it came out, so it'll likely be around that price range.

:arrow: Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IIRC, most models scratched their own game discs, and they didn't get a proper fix from Microsoft. I don't own one, but don't care to, so I'm just basing it off of various internet sources.
If you moved it while it is was in action it could scratch discs but that applies to most things.

Playing normally and not yanking it off the TV stand it would play things until the laser dies without scratching anything.

As far as owning a 360 there are some interesting games on it that have not yet made their way to PC or newer devices.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you moved it while it is was in action it could scratch discs but that applies to most things.

Playing normally and not yanking it off the TV stand it would play things until the laser dies without scratching anything.

As far as owning a 360 there are some interesting games on it that have not yet made their way to PC or newer devices.
that's what I was about to say (moving the console while the disc is spinning), but I figured it would start something.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had luck with clone controllers on an actual 360?
There's a (3rd party?) Logitech one with a slightly different design, though the d-pad is not much better than the original. Other than, there are some no brand Chinese clones out there, i never felt the need to try any of them..
IIRC, most models scratched their own game discs, and they didn't get a proper fix from Microsoft.
While that is true in some regard (from what i heard, and MS was sued for it iirc). Though personally i never had never had such problem, with neither original & burned discs..
I don't own one, but don't care to, so I'm just basing it off of various internet sources.
Oh? That explains your earlier comment fairly well then..

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, most models scratched their own game discs, and they didn't get a proper fix from Microsoft. I don't own one, but don't care to, so I'm just basing it off of various internet sources.
I owned a 360 Elite and that didn't happen, neither on the 360 Slim.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still far better than the "click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click" from the Series S/X d-pad
no. Series S/X Dpad is the best in Xbox history and is genuinely on par with most Nintendo dpads, if not superior thanks to that satellite thing. The clicking sucks but i'd take listening to that over not being able to play any 2d plarformers. Get some headphones

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the 360 pads are the rubbers from the left stick as time passes it wears off so you either manually change it or buy a grip and apply to it.
Yeah, that's what I keep seeing in the ones I look up: Either they have dogshit worn analog pads, or they cost $30-40, which is kinda outrageous for this kind of controller. Even the wired ones are up there.

Makes me wish I had kept my 360 controller in case I needed it: It was in great condition, but now I'm looking to play a game with no backwards compatibility on Xbone, so I'm stuck with my little brother's old 360, and I love him, but as a kid he was AWFUL with taking care of games and controllers lmao.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After the duke, we get the 360 controller that all computers know and love.
I can't wait for Hyperkin to release Xbox One controllers for my Xbox One!

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh? That explains your earlier comment fairly well then..

I owned a 360 Elite and that didn't happen, neither on the 360 Slim.

I've done plenty of research on this in the past; it really was a big issue. Just a simple web search should pull up all the relevant results. It can even scratch discs when stationary, it seems:
Xbox 360 Scratches disc horribly
Xbox 360 scratched disc, now unplayable

It appears that vibrations even just near the console can cause the issue:
Xbox 360 Disc Scratching Investigated, Tested

My point is that it shouldn't happen at all.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've done plenty of research on this in the past; it really was a big issue. Just a simple web search should pull up all the relevant results. It can even scratch discs when stationary, it seems:
Xbox 360 Scratches disc horribly
Xbox 360 scratched disc, now unplayable

It appears that vibrations even just near the console can cause the issue:
Xbox 360 Disc Scratching Investigated, Tested

My point is that it shouldn't happen at all.
This might be the first time I have seen someone run away in terror of scratched discs as opposed to being all "OMG RROD".

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Duke is my favorite controller, and I bought their modern one - it fills the void but isn’t a great recreation in my opinion. I get this a little less, since the 360 and One controllers aren’t that different in my opinion, the One controller being a bit more comfortable imho

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Duke is my favorite controller, and I bought their modern one - it fills the void but isn’t a great recreation in my opinion. I get this a little less, since the 360 and One controllers aren’t that different in my opinion, the One controller being a bit more comfortable imho
Hyperkin's Duke included the extra shoulder buttons? I know that's not accurate, but for modern games it's useful.

Hori, PowerA, etc when they recreated the GCN controller they added that.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure, the 360 controller was a good incremental step forward from the Xbox Akebono controller and probably the best of its time (sans D-pad), but with the further refinement of the Xbox One and Series S/X controllers, which also work on PC (depending on the version even via bluetooth) I don't really see this selling all too well - even from a "nostalgia factor". The average consumer would be better off picking up an xbox one or series S/X controller.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Still far better than the "click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click" from the Series S/X d-pad.
Speak for yourself. The Xbox Core Controller has the best d-pad I've used on any modern gamepad by far.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
most modern PCs, phones and laptops have bluetooth, so the xbox one/series 𐐘 having some weird proprietary bluetooth connection wouldn't require me to complain to microsoft
Complaining to Hyperkin is less productive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1