ROM Hack WIP Hyrule Warriors Savegame Editor

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the fairy food and lvl codes going?
lvl codes are technically done just set the character XP to a high number then attack 1 enemy the reason you do this is becuase if you edit the level dirrectly the attack bonus for level ups isnt counted

Reactions: Joxy

Aroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
As requested, this will crash when go to Girahim and go over to the darkfire demon blade which has been set with a too high attack manually. That said, the keyword here is manually and so it is technically user error. At best you could add HTML form validation to prevent values higher than 500 I think. I haven't found any other ways of making the game crash in my using of your editor.

Thx. So what i see is, that its crashing when the weapon Power goes over 1k. So if ppl using the maxout weapon, it was set to 600 + 5 Stars (+50%), Resulting in 900, which worked perfectly fine. Now if they used it on a Legendary-Weapon, the Game adds +60 Power. So we are at 660 + 50% = 990, which should still be fine...

Setting it to 999 with 0 Stars results in no Crash too. I will just add some reverse-Calc into it so they max user-input is capped at 999 including Stars. So there arent ingame-Crashes anymore

Edit: Uploaded a Fix for it, Weapon-Power now cant go over 1k (not calculating Legendary into it, will do that later)

Edit 2: Uploaded a first draft of the Map-Editor for Adventure-Mode. Please be careful by using it, there are still unknown values so it might break your save

Last edited by Aroc,

Mwc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you Aroc for the hard work, I also figured out that it wasn't the max-weapon option, it was because I added 800 to a few weapons, so that was my mistake, I changed that back to 500 and it works now. But however I think I screwed up the EXP values when editing levels of some characters, because in-battle the exp bar is a bit glitchy, nothing game-breaking though, all I did was edit the level and I didn't change the exp to match the higher level. Once I get back home I'll take a pic of it and show you(unless you already know about it).

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to clarify, Legendary appears to set base damage to 560 (not 660). Bonus damage from stars gets automatically calculated by the game itself, resulting in 840 damage on a 5 star Legendary weapon (base damage is still 560).

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to clarify, Legendary appears to set base damage to 560 (not 660). Bonus damage from stars gets automatically calculated by the game itself, resulting in 840 damage on a 5 star Legendary weapon (base damage is still 560).
I don't even get the point of legendary weapons, it takes up a full skill slot and only slightly increases damage to a hardly noticeable level, you cant even use legendary weapons until you unlock both perks for the mastersword which require you to 1 find all different weapon types and 2 unlock a + versions of each of them and by that time you are basically done everything worth doing in the game in the first place

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even get the point of legendary weapons, it takes up a full skill slot and only slightly increases damage to a hardly noticeable level, you cant even use legendary weapons until you unlock both perks for the mastersword which require you to 1 find all different weapon types and 2 unlock a + versions of each of them and by that time you are basically done everything worth doing in the game in the first place
you dont have to unlock all of them - just obtain them via weapon drops. if you beeline for the 4 and 4+ weapons you can get the 1-3 weapons randomly and unlock both skills.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

If you want your weapon to follow legal skill rules (i.e. only 1 "VS something" skill) (find the limits on the Koei wiki here: http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Skills_(Hyrule_Warriors) ) and you're dealing with 8 slots you'll rapidly notice that you'll often only really need 6 or 7 slots thus you naturally have that 8th slot available.

I personally always slap on Heart Power, Hasty and Reg+ and then 1-2 (sometimes 3) of Strength 1 - 6 depending on what combo is best to use / i use most for that character. If the character has a strong focus on elemental attacks (i.e. Darunia on Fire) I do the Element+ skill, but that is far from everywhere (i.e. Young Link has no use at all for Darkness+). All things considered I personally generally easily have a slot available for Legendary.

Aroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Heyya, its me.

Updated. Added Bulk-Edit into AdventureMap for Remove Map Fog, Unlock all Tiles (so you can move on them), Use "Search" on all Tiles and Unhide all Enemies.

Looks kinda fun, having the complete Map open, but no Medal on those Tiles :D
ticGtKs.jpg

Edit:

Also Added "Rank A on all Tiles", which sets the map to 100% in the Overview. But i feel like the clothes and unlock ables should count to the Percent complete too? im confused...

Last edited by Aroc,

Kay917

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Looking forward to the fairy food mod as this is the most frustrated system in this game.

Appreciate your effort on the save editor.

Reactions: Nerke

Aroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Its currently only the adventure map. as soon i figured out how a map stores everything, i can adapt it to the other maps without much problems.

Updated, added:
- Option to discover all Materials (so they dont show as ?????? anymore)
- Added more Character-Edits. Some Values are still unknown. Also the Edit on stuff like Health doesnt seems to have an effect ingame

Reactions: I pwned U!

BtEtta

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah the costume data follows straight after the badge data, your offset was probably just… off… set… by a byte or two.
I've just uploaded my notes from the 3DS on how costumes work for characters (also Fairy outfits).

You can see on the "Mask Testing" sheet how the four bytes of costume data for each character are derived. The costumes marked with 'x' are always unlocked whether specified in the mask or not. Of note is that the first two bytes controlled costumes available in the base 3DS games, byte 3 covered costumes added by DLC, byte 4 never actually got used as no character had enough costumes for that. As with a lot of things here I'm assuming no changes to IDs/Bitmask values between the 3DS and Switch versions of the game — only the offsets for finding this data in the save. From everything I've seen this seems to be the case but do not blindly assume

The fairy outfit stuff comes in two parts in the file, right next to each other (the offsets of which I have no idea about on the Switch yet, but it should be easy enough to figure our from just doing a before/after from getting an outfit[1]).
The first section is a bitmask covering what outfits are actually unlocked.
The second section, straight after, covers the order in which thing were unlocked (as you can sort by "newest" when choosing outfits). The ID (column B) of each outfit is added to the start of the section bumping everything else along by one. The full 255 bytes are padded at the far end with 0xFF IDs.

A similar thing happens with fairy food. Once you've found the location of the fairy food quantities you'll also find straight after it a section for tracking your most recently obtained foods. IDs for those are in the Fairy Food sheet (assuming they haven't changed between 3DS and Switch)

In terms of fairy data I've uploaded what I figured about the 3DS version too for good measure. Some further notes about specific values can be found in Turtleman579's two posts here the latter of which was the basis of my own values about fairy outfits.

These notes are all very crude and some of it you probably already know, but I've been meaning to dump all the stuff I figured out and never publicly revealed for a while now rather than just holding onto it. And by this point you've probably done enough tweaking of the save file that this stuff isn't totally meaningless to you.

[1] Alternatively you should be able to look at what outfits you have unlocked right now in your copy, and put an 'x' in column J for only those outfits. Column K should then consist of a series of bytes to search for. Again, assuming they haven't collapsed the list to remove the [CRASH] and [AUTO REMOVE] entries. Which given how relatively lazy the port seems to have been I would rate as unlikely.

Aroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
how many outfits are in this game lol. Will look at it, thanks for the link

About fairy data - i simply didnt even look into it, thats why its complete missing.

Missing stuff besides that are:
- The Unknown-Values in Character Edit
- Does the Health in Characteredit does anything at all? By default its your hearts*400, but changing it doesnt matter...`
- Character-Edit-Weapon-Unlocks. By simply adding the Weaponm you dont really "unlock" it. So you cant buy badges for it, and it doesnt count towards master sword unlock
- Adventure-Mode Hearthpices-Flags
- Adventure-Mode Skulltulas-Flags¨

Then Porting that to the other Maps

- The Complete Fairy-Part, also Challenge-Mode is missing
- Im missing somehow the 8-Bit-Weapons, or im just dumb?

Im getting there, but slowly :D About the Port from 3DS - Many things are the same, but sometimes they shifted stuff. It seems more like they ported the WiiU-Version, and Re-Added the 3DS-Stuff into it. Which makes the savegame kinda meh

rainbowkittypaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not trying to be rude but the character and weapon editing options have stopped working.
Is anyone else/author experiencing this?

I tried with a clean brand new save and it's not possible to modify character data/weapons.

Hopefully I'm just making a silly mistake but I'm not sure.

[Edit]
Tried with different profile, no luck. File not editable. Only materials and map was editable.
I wish I could pinpoint what's wrong...

Last edited by rainbowkittypaw,

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not trying to be rude but the character and waepon editing options have stopped working.
Is anyone else/author experiencing this?

I tried with a clean brand new save and it's not possible to modify character data/weapons.

Hopefully I'm just making a silly mistake but I'm not sure.

[Edit]
Tried with different profile, no luck. File not editable. Only materials and map was editable.
I wish I could pinpoint what's wrong...
yeah i couldnt tell you what the issue was, i just tried it with the last backup save i have on my computer and its working perfectly fine except for the badges which are disabled currently

zebigboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so i played a little with your adventure mode edit, and while it works completely for giving gold on every quest, it doesn't unlock the heart pieces/skulltula/fairy clothes which kinda defeat the purpose of an edit... i'll try to find how to do it in my spare time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1