I just bought a dreamcast!!

blueskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy Birthday Dreamcast!! You're 10 today.
biggrin.gif
:yaydc:

blueskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is phantasy star online worth playing without the 'online' part? I know there are private servers, but I don't want to get a broadband adapter for the dc yet, just for one game.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that it's not worh it to get one it is but getting one without having to cut off your arm and leg to make up for the price is the catch.
befor you buy one online for way to much cash check around localy for one at second-hand storeslike the good wills, Christian missions , pawnshops and the like,

blueskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
not that it's not worh it to get one it is but getting one without having to cut off your arm and leg to make up for the price is the catch.
befor you buy one online for way to much cash check around localy for one at second-hand storeslike the good wills, Christian missions , pawnshops and the like,
...what? I think you're saying don't spend too much on a broadband adapter. I said above that I don't want to get one. I'm just wondering if you can play PSO without the online part. I'm sure it's possible, but is it worth it?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i misunderstood, yes you can play PSO without the online playand yeah it's still a good DC game even if you exclude online so play away.
you just need to find a serial and som other code is needed but it can be made up and your set.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
Primenay13 said:
Waste because of emulators for free. But its kinda nice to have an antique
for price of a PC controller you can buy a dreamcast they are dirt cheap (i got mine for £10) and amazing value

as mentioned the DC emulators are far from perfect and AFAIK there's no console ports of them

blueskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heh, small bump to say I just picked up a Genesis on the cheap. Traded a few Gameboys for a system, controllers, master system converter thingy, and 11 games (2 master system, 9 md). Sega rocks, how did I spend my whole childhood without these systems???

blueskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phantasy star iv boxed, maximum carnage boxed, sonic 1&2, altered beast, ms pacman, beavis & butthead, streets of rage, 2 boxed master system games and a few others that I can't tell from the picture.. he took down the CL listing already with the list. Pretty good haul I think, traded my Gameboy Light and a busted DMG to this guy Thretris, he paints/mods Gameboys on the 8bc forums.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice find! I'm probably remembering wrong but isn't Phantasy Star IV one of the MD games that's worth some cash boxed? The only really shady game in that lot is Altered Beast, it's a great conversion it's just a shame the arcade game was so boring. I used to play the B&B game alot, it was really weird but strangely fun! Captured the show pretty well and the MD version wipes the floor with the SNES version. Take some snaps of the carts you can't identify, someone might know what they are.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used to have a genesis long ago as a kid.
played streets of rage, sonic, and maximum carnage a lot good times.
had the chance to get one a few weeks back at a yard sale and kinda regret it now, it didn't have any plugs but it was only $3.00 should have got it.

blueskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he said phantasy star iv was pretty rare, and boxed is even better. here's the one pic I could get, like I said he took down the CL listing already after we sealed the trade:
3901559895_3f6e2e9046.jpg

I remember one of the master system games is zaxxon 3d, can't remember the other but they're both boxed. I think it's a pretty good haul. I've played a little genesis through emulators (even altered beast.. I don't really see the appeal it's a little boring) but I'm stoked to play on the real thing. I used to have dreams, always around christmas time, that I got a genesis, or found a genesis somewhere, but woke up so dissapointed. I think I'm settling some unresolved childhood repressions here with this pickup.

I've been looking on CL and ebay for games, I'm hoping to get a cheap lot. What should I look for? What are your top 3 games?

impur1ty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would recommend:

Shinobi III
Sonic & Knucles
Gunstar Heroes
Thunderforce III

Too many to mention really...there's about 800 games, something for everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1