• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

I Watch You When You Sleep at Night

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, so I use a dumbphone. It also doesn't nag me to download updates every five minutes, show me advertising when I check my voicemail, and run down the battery calling the mothership all the time.

Trophies
XP
Yes, so I use a dumbphone. It also doesn't nag me to download updates every five minutes, show me advertising when I check my voicemail, and run down the battery calling the mothership all the time.
I mean if you wanna get your hands dirty.. You can also tap into the actual files of the OS and remove anything that might not tickle your fancy. I did it a while back on one of my Android tablets, surprisingly easy even though the version was closed source ;)

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could care less. The only people who cry about privacy are those hiding something. Total transparency is the only way to feel safe. If they want to spy on my farts or me walking around the house naked, they can. I'm not embaresed.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I could care less. The only people who cry about privacy are those hiding something. Total transparency is the only way to feel safe. If they want to spy on my farts or me walking around the house naked, they can. I'm not embaresed.
Aren't you afraid your date will be used against you?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
734c3036348dc07732c5fcfaafbc90db.jpg

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always imagined some people bought an Xbone for the sole purpose that it spies on them. They would turn their Xbone on, aim the Kinect at their junk, and get off knowing that the NSA is watching them jerk off.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Your phone is built to listen to you.
Yeah... And in a similar way.

Girlfriend five years from now: remember that time five years ago when you answered HONESTLY about how I looked in that dress? Yeah, THAT'S why i don't listen to you!
Government five years from now: remember that time you condoned pirating software on a shady forum five years ago? Yeah, THAT'S why we establish your ethics are so questionable you 've probably commited even more crimes than we're charging you with.

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to robust app permissions in Android 12, I have absolutely every app "that could listen to you" turned off until I use the app. I disable almost ALL app permissions except for the absolute minimum needed when in use, and when i kill the app, it disables them again. So no, I don't worry about rogue apps "spying on me" with a tinfoil hat on. You'd have to be a root user to enforce it otherwise, and rooting a phone in 2022 isn't easy to do anymore.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my NSA agent transcribe my daily diary for me, he's a good listener.
Yea, i mean there's nothing more important for them to do other than listening on people.. They must know what little Jimmy had for breakfast, or the country'd be in grave danger!
:lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi