• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

"I'm gonna roll this down like GTA!" 14 year old girl opens fire with AK-47 on police

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Of course guns have something to do with it, I'm flat out telling you that leaving your guns somewhere in your car or house where they're visible to passersby increases the statistical likelihood of your car/house being broken into by a substantial amount. How this isn't a well-known fact baffles me. You can own guns and not be an idiot, tons of people manage both every day, myself included.

This is still assuming of the situation--guns being visible. Also, wearing "rape me" clothes increases your chance of being raped.

Here, we don't have gun violence. We have psychopaths who go to elementary schools and attack kids with knives.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
I have feeling you're fucking clueless when it comes to Marx's stance on guns. My stance aligns with his, but I'd add that we probably need more stringent laws where the storage of guns is concerned. It's pathetic, but clearly too many adults in this country won't act like adults unless the law requires them to. And then idiots like you come along to defend irresponsible choices after they've already caused harm or death.

Criminals don't care about the laws so creating any laws that put limits on the Second Amendment is not only against the Constitution, but would be futile in stopping crime. You do realize most of what these kids just did was illegal, but that didn't stop them, did it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, you have the analogy wrong. The correct analogy is a person's right to a secure and unviolated home is as to a person's right to a secure an unviolated physical body. Guns have nothing to do with it. And I don't say that to equate home invasion with rape (though persons whose homes are burglarized are frequently traumatized by the violation), but with either situation, it is criminal to force entry. And victim blaming is wrong.

Actually, if the victim shares some responsibility in the crime then it's just fine to blame them for their involvement. Just in this situation I'm finding it hard to see why anyone would hold the home owner responsible when he wasn't even home. I know the Liberals just want to blame guns and avoid the elephants in the room, which are the actual people who committed the crimes and the fact that video games played some sort of role in them.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Criminals don't care about the laws so creating any laws that put limits on the Second Amendment is not only against the Constitution, but would be futile in stopping crime. You do realize most of what these kids just did was illegal, but that didn't stop them, did it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, if the victim shares some responsibility in the crime then it's just fine to blame them for their involvement. Just in this situation I'm finding it hard to see why anyone would hold the home owner responsible when he wasn't even home. I know the Liberals just want to blame guns and avoid the elephants in the room, which are the actual people who committed the crimes and the fact that video games played some sort of role in them.
It's not required by law to keep it in a gun safe it's only a recommendation (at least in some places, I don't know about all places) so the owner is not at fault.

But as saftey precaution it's probably good to keep it in a gun safe. It's probably a more responsible thing to do. At least when kids are around. But maybe the girls are well raised and you won't have to worry about them going on a shooting spree. Many kids in the past used guns to go hunt animals with their parents on their farm lands. So I don't know why kids can't be trusted with guns now as long as they are raised right.

But I always found keeping a gun away from you inside a safe that's maybe in another room from you, that needs a combination, is not instant ready access and defeats the purpose of having a gun as protection. Alot can happen in a spilt second when a burglar invades your home.

Unless those guns aren't for protection and just used for sport like going to a shooting range or whatever.

Last edited by SG854,

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
It's not required by law to keep it in a gun safe it's only a recommendation so the owner is not at fault.

But as Saftey precaution it's probably good to keep it in a gun safe.

But I always found keeping a gun away from you inside a safe that maybe in another room from you, that needs a combination, is not instant ready access and defeats the purpose of having a gun as protection.

Unless those guns aren't for protection and just used for sport like going to a shooting range or whatever.

The guns could have been in glass display cases, a gun cabinet, on gun racks, inside of dresser or in a safe. There is no mention on how long the kids where in the house for so it could have taken them some time to rummage until they found them. It's not irresponsible to have guns hanging on your walls in your own private residence and there's no need to hide them in case some lunatic kids decide to break into your house. The home owner is a victim in this and not only now probably had the guns the kids used taken from him, but also has to fix tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to his house. It seems the Liberals here and over on ABCNews only want to blame the guns and the gun owner, which is sadly predictable because they hate the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. They are also clueless to how good they have it where they live in a country where they can express their hatred for these things without being imprisoned or put to death.

Last edited by Deleted member 559230,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The guns could have been in glass display cases, a gun cabinet, on gun racks, inside of dresser or in a safe. There is no mention on how long the kids where in the house for so it could have taken them some time to rummage until they found them. It's not irresponsible to have guns hanging on your walls in your own private residence and there's no need to hide them in case some lunatic kids decide to break into your house. The home owner is a victim in this and not only now probably had the guns the kids used taken from him, but also has to fix tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to his house. It seems the Liberals here and over on ABCNews only want to blame the guns and the gun owner, which is sadly predictable because they hate the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. They are also clueless to how good they have it where they live in a country where they can express their hatred for these things without being imprisoned or put to death.
If a gun were to offer you actual protection in split second cases then you'll need to be strapped at all times.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Criminals don't care about the laws so creating any laws that put limits on the Second Amendment is not only against the Constitution, but would be futile in stopping crime.
Nobody even suggested putting limits on the second amendment, though there are already some limits in place.

It seems the Liberals here and over on ABCNews only want to blame the guns and the gun owner, which is sadly predictable because they hate the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.
As a leftist and a responsible gun owner, yes I'll place as much goddamn blame on irresponsible gun owners as I want. The constitution does not give a person the right to escape consequences for their own actions, seems you need to re-read it.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Nobody even suggested putting limits on the second amendment, though there are already some limits in place.

As a leftist and a responsible gun owner, yes I'll place as much goddamn blame on irresponsible gun owners as I want. The constitution does not give a person the right to escape consequences for their own actions, seems you need to re-read it.

Yet your focus is on someone who did nothing wrong.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can only posit that your continued interest in defending irresponsible gun ownership by someone you've never met and probably never will meet is a form of projection/living vicariously. Well sorry, but if you're looking for someone to forgive your own past/present/future irresponsibility, you're looking to the wrong guy.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

If a stranger going on a home owner's property falls over and injures themselves the home owner is held responsible. So if a home owner has accessbile firearms which a stranger then takes and uses, the home owner should also be held responsible (and in most countries *IS* held accountable).

Leftists want greater freedom with personal accountability, rightists want greater freedom with less accountability.

Reactions: Xzi

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a stranger going on a home owner's property falls over and injures themselves the home owner is held responsible. So if a home owner has accessbile firearms which a stranger then takes and uses, the home owner should also be held responsible (and in most countries *IS* held accountable).

Leftists want greater freedom with personal accountability, rightists want greater freedom with less accountability.

Only if the homeowner created, through negligence, a dangerous situation which proximately caused the injury. I don't know what "law" you're talking about.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Only if the homeowner created, through negligence, a dangerous situation which proximately caused the injury. I don't know what "law" you're talking about.

laws will differ between countries but yes you're right.. though the negligence may be not having a 'slippery when wet' sign on a concrete walk way and the home owner is still responsible to cover damages.. that is why property insurance is recommened.

"If you're injured while visiting the property, one or both parties may be responsible depending on the circumstances of your accident. ... In general, the occupier of private property is responsible for maintaining a safe, hazard-free environment for visitors to the premises."

So having acessible firearms on a property whereby someone uses them to cause harm on others should also have the home owner accountable (and in most countries they would be held accountable for not having their firearms properly restrained and most likely have their licence to own firearms revoked.).

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
So having acessible Knives on a property whereby someone uses them to cause harm on others should also have the home owner accountable (and in most countries they would be held accountable for having their knives on a kitchen table and not properly put away.

Last edited by SG854,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: