I'm saving up for the iPhone SE 2020, any pointers?

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The major issue with buying older ios device is Apple is very stringent about updating apps and freezing out older ios versions which get the axe very early in their lifespan. So you run into a bunch of apps that require something just out of your reach for no good reason whatsoever.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The major issue with buying older ios device is Apple is very stringent about updating apps and freezing out older ios versions which get the axe very early in their lifespan. So you run into a bunch of apps that require something just out of your reach for no good reason whatsoever.
Gotta love that 'planned obsolescence' that Apple likes to pull. :rolleyes:

Reactions: yuyuyup

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, I've been in the android community for a bit. I mostly just want to get a feel for iOS. Thanks for the pointers everyone!
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, I think I may get the 12 or 11 instead
iPhone 12 is a solid choice! I'm no iOS user but I know it hardware wise and its really good. 11 had some issues for my work with our operator until half a year after. No idea why to this day, they just fixed it.

Im a android user so cant say much about the software.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a Samsung, don't downgrade to an Apple device.
Samsung phones are my go-to option to go for, but there is admittedly a lot of bloatware that needs to be removed so the user can customize which apps he/she installs and uses.

I used this to get rid of it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...oater-for-samsung-phones-and-tablets.4483643/

I've a Samsung A52s which is a pretty dang good phone overall (it has a headphone jack, heh!) and has a few years left for security updates, though when that's up I'll either have to upgrade or look into possibly installing a custom OS to use it securely (as I use banking apps on it).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would honestly recommend saving up to buy the iPhone 12 or waiting for it to go on sale. The SE2 is a nice phone but unless you are hellbent on getting that home button, the 12 is just better overall. I've used both and settled on my 12Pro Max as my daily driver.
I personally prefer iOS over android for my daily drivers.

Coloured

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an high end Android to begin with. And if I wanted to get anything similarly priced, I'd be stuck with an A03s or smth 🤷

It'd likely not be the best experience, but I'm mostly looking for a quick upgrade.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have an high end Android to begin with. And if I wanted to get anything similarly priced, I'd be stuck with an A03s or smth 🤷

It'd likely not be the best experience, but I'm mostly looking for a quick upgrade.
Honestly iOS is fine. Speaking from my own experience, I love the idea of the customisation Android offers, but I never end up using it anyway lol. Both systems are fine, and if you want to try iOS, it's not a bad decision at all.

Reactions: The Catboy

Coloured

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly iOS is fine. Speaking from my own experience, I love the idea of the customisation Android offers, but I never end up using it anyway lol. Both systems are fine, and if you want to try iOS, it's not a bad decision at all.
Yeah, I never took advantage of the customization. And I heard and saw iOS is FINALLY getting real customization.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I never took advantage of the customization. And I heard and saw iOS is FINALLY getting real customization.
It's had a few nice things recently. The last time I had iOS prior to the 13 Pro Max you couldn't even download files to the phone. It's definitely opened up, even if it does lack the same degree of customisation as Android. It just works, and that's good for me.

Coloured

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's had a few nice things recently. The last time I had iOS prior to the 13 Pro Max you couldn't even download files to the phone. It's definitely opened up, even if it does lack the same degree of customisation as Android. It just works, and that's good for me.
And I also normally tend you use my computer more, so it's not like I'm really missing out. Besides, I need facetime and iMessage at some point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway