IMO #1 Racism

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Fireballo said:
America is supposed to be a melting pot I look at all people the same You have assholes of every race and creed here and good people. I resent black history month because those aren't black accomplishments they are American accomplishments. It's wrong to divide people into groups and sub groups and say these people deserve special treatment because some wrong that happened in the past. The things that turn people into racists are when you're working your ass off to be the best at you job and take care of your family and some black person who's lazy gets the job promotion because of the color of his skin and your employer need a black body to fill that spot because of a quota. That's racist and that kind of racism just breeds more racism.

I totally agree. Positive discrimination is the dummiest measure against racism ever. I think I prefer people that are openly racist those who do positive discrimination.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gamer4life said:
the only way to get rid of racism is to stop making a big deal out of one race over another such as black history month or saying in the news like oh here is the first black person or Mexican person to do this or that.
woah , i never realized that . i am gonna go bring that up to my elementary school teacher .

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh.

The opinion of this whole "everybody is the same thing!" is complete garbage. You're not eliminating any type of discrimination, your just sweeping someone's differences under the carpet and acting like we're all just holding hands and singing Jimmy Buffet.

Basically accepting someone for who they are is better than ignoring what they are.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
my opinion in racism is that racism is the state in which person1 finds person2 which is from a different race inferior. by seeing person2 inferior, person 1 refuses to mingle with person2 or worse, wipe out person2's existence. much like in ben 10 alien swarm, where the the DNAliens find other species as dirty or corrupted. if you can't see the similarities then i pity you.

having different races isn't bad. it sorts out a huge group of person from another group. if you won't sort out people it will be difficult to find a person from a huge bunch.

it starts where people think they are superior from another person in all ways. there is always someone who can beat you in something. to eliminate racism in this time is nearly impossible, but teaching the young to acknowledge that even if they excel at something, they will always have a weak point, and not all who fails at most things don't have anything they are best at.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I REPEAT AGAIN I AM NOT SAYING WE DON'T RECOGNIZE THE DIFFERENCES I AM SAYING WE STOP MAKING SUCH A GOD DAMN BIG DEAL OUT OF IT THATS THE WAY TO STOP RACISM. BY STOPPING THE MEDIA AND SUCH MAKING BIG DEALS OUT OF PEOPLE BEING BLACK MEXICAN CHINESE OR ANOTHER RACE BEING THE FIRST TO DO SOMETHING IT MAKES IT SOUND AS IF THEY COULDN'T BEFORE AS THEY WERE STRUGGLING NO ONE IS STRUGGLING.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gamer4life said:
I REPEAT AGAIN I AM NOT SAYING WE DON'T RECOGNIZE THE DIFFERENCES I AM SAYING WE STOP MAKING SUCH A GOD DAMN BIG DEAL OUT OF IT THATS THE WAY TO STOP RACISM. BY STOPPING THE MEDIA AND SUCH MAKING BIG DEALS OUT OF PEOPLE BEING BLACK MEXICAN CHINESE OR ANOTHER RACE BEING THE FIRST TO DO SOMETHING IT MAKES IT SOUND AS IF THEY COULDN'T BEFORE AS THEY WERE STRUGGLING NO ONE IS STRUGGLING.

The Dutch are much taller than the Americans, right? It's a biological matter. It is, isn't it? So, why is it a problem to say this person here is the tallest American? Because we shouldn't say he's American? It matters since he's the tallest person of his kind since it completely unachievable to be the tallest person in the world if you're American since it's a biological matter.

And diversity is an important thing. Stopping diversity won't stop racism, it might even make it worse. People are unique. The Dutch are tall. The Chinese are good at math. The Japanese are great inventors. The French are great cooks. If people are different, then not acknowledging their differences will make matters worse.

And dude, calm down. We're having an intellectual discussion. You're just making yourself seem whiny by using all caps.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gamer4life said:
I AM SAYING WE STOP MAKING SUCH A GOD DAMN BIG DEAL OUT OF IT THATS THE WAY TO STOP RACISM. BY STOPPING THE MEDIA AND SUCH MAKING BIG DEALS OUT OF PEOPLE BEING BLACK MEXICAN CHINESE OR ANOTHER RACE BEING THE FIRST TO DO SOMETHING
You sound like a white supremacist who wants to bury his head in the sand.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:
I resent black history month because those aren't black accomplishments they are American accomplishments.
Why don't you ditch the nationalism and go a step further? They can be viewed as human accomplishments.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
MeritsAlone said:
I just read about this in school.
Anyway, agreed, Racism is not something youre born with, you create it, influenced by others of course, father, mother. not to even mention Hitler, his father was jewish and so was one of his friends. If Darwin hadnt released a book about humans racism might never have grown this big in the first place.

Just wanted to point out that I lol'd about this.
U serious bro?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is all crazy talk. Everyone should know damn well that the only thing that can ever unite humans as one race would be an all-out alien invasion on earth. We can't get rid of our racism--we can only shift it from other humans to a race that's not human. We need to fund SETI and send out more beacon signals to advertise our existence to the aliens out there.

Short of this, racism will NEVER disappear.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
This is all crazy talk. Everyone should know damn well that the only thing that can ever unite humans as one race would be an all-out alien invasion on earth. We can't get rid of our racism--we can only shift it from other humans to a race that's not human. We need to fund SETI and send out more beacon signals to advertise our existence to the aliens out there.

Short of this, racism will NEVER disappear.
True and true

default2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wow, I just realized that teens are called teens because of the teen at the end of the numbers. Total mind blower.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Rather than promoting "racial harmony" and "racial equality", I think the "inexistence of race" is pretty much the correct way to go. In a "racial harmonious" country like Singapore, we still have racist people, they just don't voice their opinions. "Racial equality" does not eliminate the root of racism, it just pushes racism underground.

But if you just want a short term solution, I think Singapore "solved" racism very well. We were still having racial riots in the 50s and now we have different races live, marry, commute, school and share facilities together. But then we always have to consider racial issues during policy making(we even make up committees for that), its not a complete success at all, mass racism can still be reignited if any sensitive events happen.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
TrolleyDave said:
How exactly would that solve racism? And define racism?

this is how i define it.

game01 said:
my opinion in racism is that racism is the state in which person1 finds person2 which is from a different race inferior. by seeing person2 inferior, person 1 refuses to mingle with person2 or worse, wipe out person2's existence.

QUOTE(Domination @ Feb 3 2011, 11:00 AM)
Rather than promoting "racial harmony" and "racial equality", I think the "inexistence of race" is pretty much the correct way to go. In a "racial harmonious" country like Singapore, we still have racist people, they just don't voice their opinions. "Racial equality" does not eliminate the root of racism, it just pushes racism underground.

But if you just want a short term solution, I think Singapore "solved" racism very well. We were still having racial riots in the 50s and now we have different races live, marry, commute, school and share facilities together. But then we always have to consider racial issues during policy making(we even make up committees for that), its not a complete success at all, mass racism can still be reignited if any sensitive events happen.

in order for your idea of "inexistence of race" to happen, first all humans should look almost alike. as long as there will be differences, there will be those who will differentiate people from one another. you can't say chimpanzees and baboons are the same can you?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
AsthmathicMonkey said:
Racism, don't do it. Problem Solved ^^
tee-hee! you know, there are people that will refuse to listen. it's because they were brought up like that. you can't just stop a person with such puny words. but add some small yet very important events and maybe he will listen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2