Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's amazing, I have been very hyped for this, especially about bypassing the region lock and of course the emulators. That's freaking awesome :yay:

I have a question please :

what is actually the best? Buy the game on the eshop or just get the cartridge?

That's actually a really good question. I bought the physical copy because it was close by to where I was located at the time when I purchased it. ;P I really do love the feel of having a good physical copy on me, but lately digital is starting to bridge that gap.

TJHeartnote: If I disclosed the price, and given what I have discussed in this topic, the game actually is a bit obvious once you do a bit of searching. I apologize but I can't disclose that information. A few more days. :)

EDIT 2: WELP Folks I'm gonna go get some rest, so discuss away. I'll try to answer more in the morning.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Please note, however, that 3DS backups are not possible to execute on this exploit.)
How unfortunate, oh well at least i have Gateway for piracy :D

Reactions: Margen67

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo will probably find some kind of way to remotely remove it or something.
Well we already know that's possible.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/oh-so-nintendo-can-remotely-delete-your-games.354768/
They'll likely pull the eShop copy and remotely delete all downloaded copies under the guise of "major security flaw with the potential to compromise users private data". One week later a patched version returns to the eShop. Physical copy is definitely the way to go.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we already know that's possible.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/oh-so-nintendo-can-remotely-delete-your-games.354768/
They'll likely pull the eShop copy and remotely delete all downloaded copies under the guise of "major security flaw with the potential to compromise users private data". One week later a patched version returns to the eShop. Physical copy is definitely the way to go.

Only if you go online, other than that, there'd be no way to them to actually remove the game from your console.

Reactions: cvskid and Margen67

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only if you go online, other than that, there'd be no way to them to actually remove the game from your console.

So then, we have to make sure not to delete the game, or we are screwed.

Well, I like to collect games, but with the lack of space in my room, I have been buying a lot of games on the eshop. So I might buy the game on the eshop.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a bad time to do this! I already have to spend $80 the day before for OR/AS. Oh well it's only money......I can always make more I guess. It's been one hell of a month for the 3DS! Awesome month really!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Preeeeeeeeeeeetty much. Speaking broadly, of course. THere's a bit more that went into it, but it's pretty simple to launch. May take a wee bit of practice. It's hard to understand now, but you'll see what I mean in a few days. :)
Ah! This along with another tidbit you've mentioned here reaffirms my hypothesis. I'm now 100% confident that the title I purchased last month is the exploit game.
It's a relief to know that I have all I need to get this thing running come Saturday. Now all we need is some exciting homebrew...

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking great, guys! Now, is it possible that other titles in teh future will be compatible with the exploit, or maybe even be able to use a built-in application? (Think Bannerbomb). Whatever happens, keep it up!
All hail Britannia!

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Color me a worry wart, but what's to stop Nintendo from discovering what game, and then rolling out an update, patching it all to hell? The reason it works so far it that they have no idea what to fix, right?
So how will we make this exploit last more than a week, bar staying offline? Maybe we should distribute the information privately, doing a thorough background check on the recipients, to make sure the don't work for Nintendo...:unsure:
As Smealum said months ago, you can't patch a physical cartridge.

what is actually the best? Buy the game on the eshop or just get the cartridge?
See above.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Except iirc he said the game is around $10 so if you just want homebrew it would be cheaper to buy the game, and I wouldn't waste a slot on sky3ds for a game that would only cost like £7-10 anyway

modrobert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Ryukouki / OP said:
No more speculation, no more dancing around.

If you truly mean that just release the damned thing.

The first time public news about Smealum running unsigned code on the 3DS was posted back in September 2013 (over a year ago), everything since then has been a song and dance act.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet, with the "new" 3DS XL coming out, as soon as there is a flashcart at least as awesome as my supercard DS2 then i can finally let go of my DSi XL and SC DS2 and jump on the latest gen lol
Things are looking great and the wait was worth it once again :P

thenotoriousrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELL YES.

Now that's out of the way, i just want to say finally getting Homebrew on my 3DSXL would be the best bday gift ever (Nov. 22 is my Bday!)

Also before I get happy, will this work on the latest 9.x firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...