iPhone SE (2016) trouble

SaberLilly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i purchased an iPhone SE, and the phone runs fine, it turns on, touch ID works, its completely intact, the only thing that's been changed is the original battery, however the phone doesn't charge. I plug it in and i get the lightning bolt in the battery but the phone just doesn't take a charge, more like the phone lingers at whatever percentage the battery was already at. Does this mean the logic board is damaged and i have to write the phone off, or should i replace the lightning connector board?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
1) Was it an official battery replacement?
2) Have you checked the charger/cable? (I’ve seen this issue on devices when the charger is underpowered and faulty cables).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Might be a faulty battery. I believe it's the fuel gauge chip in the battery itself that's supposed to measure the charge going into the battery, and that's how it detects the change in battery charge state. If that chip wasn't working right that could certainly cause this issue. But it could also not have the pins properly connected (because a ribbon cable got damaged or something)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Your charge port and battery are likely fine, the issue is going to be tristar, which is the main charge IC on the mobo. See it all the time, if you don't use MFI certified lightning cables it'll kill that chip eventually.

It is something that can be fixed so you don't have to junk the phone, just have to find someone who can do micro soldering to replace the chip. Shouldn't cost you more than like $75-$100 max for someone to do, most phone repair shops should have someone or know someone who will do it as it's extremely common.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/