Is CDKeys legit?

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking around, and found an online marketplace called cdkeys.com, selling incredibly discounted PC game keys for Steam, GOG, etc. Have any of you used this site before? Is it legit?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking around, and found an online marketplace called cdkeys.com, selling incredibly discounted PC game keys for Steam, GOG, etc. Have any of you used this site before? Is it legit?
yes. however, there are sometimes issues with its payment section. that's where I bought my last year's psn+ code.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't trust those dodgy marketplace sites selling keys, nearly all of them are just scams imo. You never know where they obtained the keys from, could've been using stolen credit card information. The key may also not work even if you expect it to.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I got a windows there long ago. It had to be legit because it is a commercial computer, subject to oversight from public entities.

Many years later, I had no problem so far. Key is legit indeed.

I'm not endorsing them by any means, just telling the experience I had.

Edit: Did a quick check here, and it was not CDKeys, it was a service with similar name, sorry, my bad.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did one time buy a lot of xbox gamepass subscriptions from them until I realized it was even cheaper to use this one over that. they did refund my money for the accident, and they were pretty quick about it.
Post automatically merged:

btw, I forgot the place, but I managed to get tales of symphonia for $4. my friend @Glyptofane is the one who told me about cdkeys as well as the on sale ToS, so he might be able to shed some light as I think he's been using cdkeys for years. btw, they even remind you if you to renew if you're at the end of your subscription.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did one time buy a lot of xbox gamepass subscriptions from them until I realized it was even cheaper to use this one over that. they did refund my money for the accident, and they were pretty quick about it.

btw, I forgot the place, but I managed to get tales of symphonia for $4. my friend @Glyptofane is the one who told me about cdkeys as well as the on sale ToS, so he might be able to shed some light as I think he's been using cdkeys for years. btw, they even remind you if you to renew if you're at the end of your subscription.
That's good to know.

Reactions: godreborn

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, I would think a fishy site would've just told me to fuck off. this was after them giving me the codes too, so I could've used them, I guess, but that wouldn't have been morally right.
They seem to have very positive reviews on TrustPilot, so it must be legit.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a good site. I think some people buy in bulk from them. there was a screw up by sony with the free trials of psn+, to where you could get it unlimited times. this isn't about cdkeys, but a friend of mine @atreyu187 , got psn for like 99 years. haha thing that sucks is that you can't go above 3 years iirc, with the series x, and the highest they make for these subscriptions is 3 months as a time, which sucks.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been purchasing from CDkeys for almost about 5 years. I have had no issues with them when it came to obtaining my purchased keys. While yes, it feels sketchy because we don't know where the Keys came from, however, it does not mean that they are stolen (some are for sure). Most of the games they have on sale are games that just had a big sale on Steam, Pre-order keys are super easy to obtain if you also supply a review of said game, and a ton of the others are just snagged during sale or "free key" giveaways via discord, twitter, etc. I only use my paypal mind you, so if anything did happen, I could easily fix it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my thinking is that you're safe/good, because I know that at least on the series x, downloading emulators and stuff from the store (where they're usually removed within a day) on retail--nothing will happen to you, your system, or account, because you didn't know. ignorance is bliss.

I don't think the keys are stolen, otherwise they would've been shut down long ago.

edit: speaking of which, the series s/x is one of the consoles left that I haven't compiled for. I heard from gamr's discord that it uses a free sdk provided my microsoft along with visual studio. I think that's how you compile something for the series systems. not sure how to get it on the store, but you need to have a dev license, which is like $100. I don't know if that has to be paid every single time the person uploads something, but gamr does get donations. it would be nice if more people cared that devs not only have to develop the stuff, but they have to pay for it too???

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't trust those dodgy marketplace sites selling keys, nearly all of them are just scams imo. You never know where they obtained the keys from, could've been using stolen credit card information. The key may also not work even if you expect it to.
Never had an issue with CD Keys and they're one of the most trusted key sellers albeit they are gray key sellers (not official).

I've also bought from Kinguin.net, a key of IDM since it was significantly cheaper than from the official website. I don't know why they keep increasing the price, it just makes customers look for cheaper options.

Most who want a cheaper option just use a cracked version, but that annoyingly gets out of date way too quickly so I just bought a key instead since I use IDM pretty much as much as I use Windows.

The issue with buying steam key from like G2A and CD Keys you are not sure where they got these keys from, you would want to stick to an official store for like steam key.
G2A have reportedly bought and sold stolen keys, have CD Keys done that?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have been around atleast for at least 8 or 9 years iirc (if not more). i remember them giving deals around Black Friday, 12 months of Xbox Live Gold was like 42~$45 which was a steal at the time..
So if they were doing anything scammy, to either consumers or big companies, people would found out about it by now..

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're about as legit as any other grey market website. The website itself is a real business that acts a little bit like eBay for game keys. How people got those game keys is questionable at best, however. Never used CDKeys but no worse than others I've used and I've only ever had an issue once with a game on Steam being taken as the person who sold it used a stolen credit card to buy the key. Nothing bad happened to my Steam account, but still annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee