Hacking Is it really worth the wait?

SomeKindOfUsername

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends. If you want to yarr harr Switch games and don't care about online play then you may not have a better chance. If you just want homebrew + emulators I personally don't think it's worth it, but if that's really all that important to you then hold off.
For the record, there are about a dozen other devices you can use for homebrew + emulators. You can make/buy a Raspberry Pi handheld for less than the cost of a Switch and get more functionality than a Switch could ever hope to provide (minus playing Switch games).

At the risk of spreading FUD and sounding like Captain Obvious, Switch hacking is uncharted territory and you should be fully aware of that. I'm sure the hax authors will do everything they can to prevent bricks and such but there's no telling what Nintendo might do to try and counter this. At the very least you should consider that your hacked Switch may be permanently banned from online play. At the very worst consider that you could end up being "stuck" with a hacked Switch on a firmware that does not allow you to play the latest games.

So here's the bottom line. If you really want a hacked Switch, you care about online play, and you've got some cash burning in your pocket a second Switch is what I'd recommend. On the flip side, if you don't care about online play then you have a lot less to worry about and you may as well wait.

Last edited by SomeKindOfUsername,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends. If you want to yarr harr Switch games and don't care about online play then you may not have a better chance. If you just want homebrew + emulators I personally don't think it's worth it, but if that's really all that important to you then hold off.
For the record, there are about a dozen other devices you can use for homebrew + emulators. You can make/buy a Raspberry Pi handheld for less than the cost of a Switch and get more functionality than a Switch could ever hope to provide (minus playing Switch games).

At the risk of spreading FUD and sounding like Captain Obvious, Switch hacking is uncharted territory and you should be fully aware of that. I'm sure the hax authors will do everything they can to prevent bricks and such but there's no telling what Nintendo might do to try and counter this. At the very least you should consider that your hacked Switch may be permanently banned from online play. At the very worst consider that you could end up being "stuck" with a hacked Switch on a firmware that does not allow you to play the latest games.

So here's the bottom line. If you really want a hacked Switch, you care about online play, and you've got some cash burning in your pocket a second Switch is what I'd recommend. On the flip side, if you don't care about online play then you have a lot less to worry about and you may as well wait.
In any case - a hacked switch will sell for more than an updated one. So you will be making a good investment by waiting to update.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is assuming you won't simply be able to spoof the fw or update particular pieces of the fw/set up an emunand.

Exploits in the past have been on lower fw - and newer games were playable through emunand/spoofing. Think about 3ds fw 4.5 or wiiu fw 5.3.2.

Name one thing that the Switch can do with Homebrew, that the Wii U couldn't do, excluding playing "backups"?

The Wii U can:

- Play emulators and ROMs
- Bypass region locking
- Play backups off of USB/SD devices
- Spoof firmware
- NAND dumping

What will the Switch do, hacked, that other consoles or the Shield K1 couldn't do? There literally isn't anything that the Switch would offer with hacking/homebrew that hasn't been done ad nauseum in the past.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Medveitsi

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Name one thing that the Switch can do with Homebrew, that the Wii U couldn't do, excluding playing "backups"?

The Wii U can:

- Play emulators and ROMs
- Bypass region locking
- Play backups off of USB/SD devices
- Spoof firmware
- NAND dumping

What will the Switch do, hacked, that other consoles or the Shield K1 couldn't do? There literally isn't anything that the Switch would offer with hacking/homebrew that hasn't been done ad nauseum in the past.
It's a handheld,that's why PSP was so popular name one thing the PSP can do and PC can't

D

Deleted-355425

I'll be honest, this console is cheap so buy a 2nd.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Kilim

Medveitsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Update and buy shield TV or shield tablet. Shield tv/tablet can already do everything what fully hacked switch could do, except play switch games. Or just bite the bullet and wait. this hack seems very promising.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the person who has it is gonna release it anytime soon. Hacking devs ALWAYS say this then hide away, just look at that pussy Hykem... Promised something that never came... GBATemp needs to ban people that false advertise stuff that ain't coming, either you release it or you get the ban hammer

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the person who has it is gonna release it anytime soon. Hacking devs ALWAYS say this then hide away, just look at that pussy Hykem... Promised something that never came... GBATemp needs to ban people that false advertise stuff that ain't coming, either you release it or you get the ban hammer
The difference between these devs and hykem is that they released major exploits in the past.

Reactions: Deleted User

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except this is from completely different people. That's like saying "Trump sucked, so the next president, whoever that is will suck too".

Can't make assumptions like that.

Mystic Shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used the switch for breath of the wild. Don't care for updates or dlc. Use my PS4 and PC for online and new games. So i can wait.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cried. But hey, it's a two party system. Gotta vote for one of them.
I voted 3rd party. In most states one party wins every cycle - effectively making a 2 party vote meaningless in those states (because of the electoral college).

In a deep blue or deep red state it's actually more of a throw away to vote 2nd party than 3rd party. As at least a vote for a 3rd party candidate can grant them federal funding if they make it to 5% of the popular vote.

Reactions: DocAmes1980

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 @BigOnYa,