Hacking Discussion Is not burning e fuses still relevant at this point?

jorgesd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
Hi, i questioned this to myself so i want to have more opinions. I mean if a new firmware comes up you just can wait for a full support to update. Also a cooldboot solution is a just the main reason why people don't want to burn efuses. I dont care about a cold boot solution but i did it because i dont want to go online until a emunand support (AMS) so for me there is no point in not burning fuses.
btw, do you guys know is there some related problems with the console if you dont burn e fuses?

srry my bad english. !

Last edited by jorgesd,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, i questioned this to myself so i want to have more opinions. I mean if a new firmware comes up you just can wait for a full support to update. Also a cooldboot solution is a just the main reason why people don't want to burn efuses. I dont care about a cold boot solution but i did it because i dont want to go online until a emunand support (AMS) so for me there is no point in not burning fuses.
btw, do you guys know is there some related problems with the console if you dont burn e fuses?

srry my bad english. !
If you don't care about coldboot then it doesn't matter. emuNAND negates most of the benefits of not burning fuses. You'll always be able to run an older firmware version on emuNAND regardless of what fuses are burnt, and the only reason you would want to run an older sysNAND is for coldboot.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's all a matter of faith. Do you believe a better exploit than Fusée Gelée will be released in the future for lower firmwares? If you don't, then don't bother about preserving your fuses and disable autoRCM already! People who don't believe in God can still live a happy life, you know. :D

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I have 1.0.0 switch waiting in my close just for the coldboot, although it might never come.
Then I have 7.0.1 one which already has a "coldboot" - trinket.
So from my perspective, it is not worth it at all (except for 1.0.0 units).
On the other hand, now with ams 0.8.4, using autoRCM is just like being without it, as it now shuts down properly (and reboots to cfw as well). So it is very convenient without any side effects.
Conclusion: If you know how, go for the trinket. If you have 1.0.0 unit, you mustn't update it. If are willing to wait and still hope that the coldboot might come one day, get autoRCM and atmo.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
My switch is on v6.2 but only has 1 burnt fuse. Sometimes (at work (when I'm too bored to do..well..work)) I imagine when all the switches have been updated and mine is the only one left with only one burnt fuse, I will sell this for a bazillion dollars. Yeah, work is pretty boring.

Reactions: jorgesd

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
My switch is on v6.2 but only has 1 burnt fuse. Sometimes (at work (when I'm too bored to do..well..work)) I imagine when all the switches have been updated and mine is the only one left with only one burnt fuse, I will sell this for a bazillion dollars. Yeah, work is pretty boring.
Same. That's why I am keeping the 1.0.0 unit.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Same. That's why I am keeping the 1.0.0 unit.
Great, somebody else has the same idea, now I can only sell this for half a bazillion dollars.

Kidding aside, I'm also waiting for coldboot. Not to mention in the past, for other consoles and handhelds, the lower the firmware version the better exploits are released.

Reactions: natkoden

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...