Gaming Is the BoxBoy trilogy coming as a single title in America and/or Europe?

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused. With Bye Bye Box Boy now available, a demo of the trilogy is available on the eShop. In Japan, a physical release of the full trilogy (and digital I imagine) was released (along with a Qbby amiibo), yet I've not heard any confirmation that the full trilogy with get a release physical or digital. It sounds like we aren't getting the amiibo, which is fine, I can always use my amiiqo for that. But I'd really like the trilogy release in english as it would consolidate 3 titles on my 3DS, and when you're at that 300 title limit, you look to consolidate titles at any opportunity you have. (For example, when I get the Mega Man Legacy collection, I was then able to delete my 6 NES VC Mega Man titles, freeing up 5 spots for other games. Or the Gunvolt double pack with games 1 and 2 in one title, freeing up an extra space if you want both titles on your 3DS. Or the Sega 3D collection allowing you to remove a bunch of the Sega 3D titles if you had them all as separate titles. There are other examples as well, but I'm drawing a blank on them at the moment, but I think you get the idea)

So yeah, does anyone know if the trilogy as one title is being localized anywhere or if we want all 3 titles in english if we are limited to having all 3 games listed separately on our 3DS?

Last edited by duffmmann,

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I highly doubt it, but are 300 titles really necessary to have at the same time on the system ? I tend to have a backup library and just transfer across what I will play in the short term. 300 titles are a lot to lose if anything should ever go wrong with the SD card.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt it, but are 300 titles really necessary to have at the same time on the system ? I tend to have a backup library and just transfer across what I will play in the short term. 300 titles are a lot to lose if anything should ever go wrong with the SD card.

Necessary? No, probably not, but I love having as many choices as possible. And when I lend my 3DS to a friend for the day or whatever, I like for them to be able to play whatever game that their heart might desire.

In terms of losing the titles. No need to worry, I make backups every month now to a dedicated hard drive specifically just for the 3DS backups, last one I did was 2 or so weeks ago. If my SD card died on me now, I'd have to download 1 title to get caught up to where I am now (Mario Sportstars). In fact I had an old SD crap out on me and I hadn't made a backup in about a year back then. That was a little devastating, but it was an excuse to get a larger micro SD card (Went from 128GB to 200GB) but it really didn't take too long to get back to where I was, and from there after I decided to make a backup every month so I wouldn't have that same thing happen again. So at least I'm more properly protected now.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be great!

Alright, here is what mine looks like when you boot into it. The theme it is on was actually made by me, i’m a big blink-182 fan and the theme is on 3dsthem.es for anyone that might want it. But I have it cycle through 10 of my favorite themes, this being one of them.

cY9PGJY.jpg

From left to right going down, in the upper left is a forwarder to my DS flashcart with the DSi startup animation because i don't like the default icon that's in Japanese of some random DS game. Then the homebrew launcher, then my audio video folder which has the 3D video player, music player, netflix, YouTube, etc. Then the official micro sd management app. Then Boot NTR selector.

Next line starts with 3 folders of 3DS games. (Fun fact, multiple of the same badges placed on the screen don't count as more than one title being placed, hence why I used the same 3DS badge twice, if I try to use a different badge for the second folder I go over the 300 title limit and it won't let me place it.) The first folder is all the big 1st and 2nd party games that aren't Zelda or Pokemon titles, so stuff like Smash Bros, MK7, FE, Kirby, etc. Etc. 2nd folder is mostly all the bigger 3rd party games. While the third folder is mostly the smaller indie games as well as my favorite DSiware titles and about 30 DS game forwarders for my flash cart. Next is the GBA/GBC/SNES folder of all my favorite VC games and injects for those systems. After that is the NES folder of all my favorite NES VC games and injects including the Nintendo 3D classics, the Megaman Legacy collection and the NES Remix game.

The final line starts with the folder with the SNES controller on it, this is the emulator folder for playing all the other systems and games that don't make the cut for quicker access from their respective folders from the home screen. Then is the Sega folder, containing all the SEGA 3D classics, as well as Game Gear, Genesis, 32X, and SEGA CD injects. Then is the Zelda folder containing every Zelda game that's possible to play on the 3DS. Then is the Pokemon folder containing at least one title from each generation of Pokemon as well as all the best Pokemon spinoff titles and rom hacks. Finally, the splatoon folder is the misc folder which contains things like FBI, Settings, CHMM2, GYTB, swapdoodle, etc.

If you go one space to the left there is one column of misc apps, and the same is true for the right.

fVRjQkj.jpg

These are all launch icon badges that I made, from top to bottom: Mii Plaza, Download Play, and 3DS Camera

6aFdSw8.jpg

Now the right side. From top to bottom Super Mario DSiware alarm clock, settings, 3DS sound.

Like I said thanks to the folders, it's very clean and organized.

amgupt01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a dumb question, but I just got my 3DS this week so forgive my stupidity: How are you making folders with icons instead of just single letters?

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a dumb question, but I just got my 3DS this week so forgive my stupidity: How are you making folders with icons instead of just single letters?

You can place badges you have onto folders by hitting the home settings button (upper left), then the decorate with badges button, then hit the upper right button (picture of a circle with a wrench on it), and then hit the option to attach badge to folder. From there you can place any badge you have onto folders like I've done.

Reactions: amgupt01

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the event anyone else was looking for this. Someone on the chaos site actually made all the english translations to the trilogy and can be downloaded as a single download there. The description is outdated saying that the logos are in Japanese, but the version that is available (labeled v4) actually now has all the english logos too. You'd honestly have no idea its not an official english release of the trilogy.

Reactions: hippy dave

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the event anyone else was looking for this. Someone on the chaos site actually made all the english translations to the trilogy and can be downloaded as a single download there. The description is outdated saying that the logos are in Japanese, but the version that is available (labeled v4) actually now has all the english logos too. You'd honestly have no idea its not an official english release of the trilogy.

Nice i picked up at 128 gb sd card from walmart for 13 on clearance so i am filling up my library of games!

Reactions: duffmmann

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish translation projects were more well known to more relavent sites like this one.

If you are talking about that rom hosting site it makes no sense why they couldn't have brought their work here where homebrew work is conducted.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish translation projects were more well known to more relavent sites like this one.

If you are talking about that rom hosting site it makes no sense why they couldn't have brought their work here where homebrew work is conducted.

Well you can't host .cias here, so I get it, and it was probably such a quick process since each individual game was already available in English that it didn't make much sense to make a project thread for it.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can't host .cias here, so I get it, and it was probably such a quick process since each individual game was already available in English that it didn't make much sense to make a project thread for it.
Are you saying it's impossible to patch a translated game without releasing the whole cia file? There are many 3ds translation projects here that would disagree with you.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Are you saying it's impossible to patch a translated game without releasing the whole cia file? There are many 3ds translation projects here that would disagree with you.

Considering it takes files straight from the original games it wouldn't be allowed here.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No what I'm saying is that it was probably an incredibly quick project. Making it pretty useless to post a thread from the guy that did it saying, hey I'm gonna take these finished English titles and replace them into the Japanese trilogy title. And probably within a day or two come back and say, Done. I mean it'd be like if I told my girlfriend that I'm going to go brush my teeth and then come back 5 minutes later and say I just brushed my teeth.

I get the need for project threads when the project in question is a huge undertaking. But for something considerably more simple like this, I completely understand why no project thread was posted and instead the patched game was simply posted from the getgo. And of course the patched game can not be posted on this site as that is not allowed.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No what I'm saying is that it was probably an incredibly quick project. Making it pretty useless to post a thread from the guy that did it saying, hey I'm gonna take these finished English titles and replace them into the Japanese trilogy title. And probably within a day or two come back and say, Done. I mean it'd be like if I told my girlfriend that I'm going to go brush my teeth and then come back 5 minutes later and say I just brushed my teeth.

I get the need for project threads when the project in question is a huge undertaking. But for something considerably more simple like this, I completely understand why no project thread was posted and instead the patched game was simply posted from the getgo. And of course the patched game can not be posted on this site as that is not allowed.
Its just upsetting that I would need to visit a warez site in order to get news on a translation project. I hope you can see from my point why it doesn't make sense but I do get what you mean by how minor this is.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just upsetting that I would need to visit a warez site in order to get news on a translation project. I hope you can see from my point why it doesn't make sense but I do get what you mean by how minor this is.

I see what you're saying, but I hope you understand why I completely understand why there was no thread here about it. Plus, the only way you're going to get the patched game is through a warez site, so whether or not you don't like to go to them, you'd have to go to one regardless to get the game in question. So with that being the case, they've just become another source of places for me to go to find other projects similar to this that were quick and didn't require a thread devoted to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, wutttttt