Hacking Discussion Isn't anyone else here SERIOUSLY concerned for Nintendo or indie devs?

Do you yhink we should just stop already?

• We need to stop

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • We don't need to stop

Votes: 137 56.8%
  • NINTENDO MUST SUFFER

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • oof that spelling error

Votes: 42 17.4%

• Total voters

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS2 and Gamecube were hacked at earlier day when they were PRIME, even they had hardware revision several times, but got defeated easily. Xbox 360 was hacked about few months after released, but many game developers continue to make games for 360 version.

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This always happens when a system gets hacked. Super Mario Galaxy was the most pirated game in 2010 and yet Nintendo remains and they still churn out Mario games annually. All this, "boo hoo don't steal games" stuff isn't going to change anyone's mind. And this isn't the only time a thread like this has been made. Add an "OP needs to stop" option.

Last edited by gman666,
D

Deleted User

no. this is always getting blown out of proportion

honestly think of it this way
what if someone can afford getting the system after copious amounts of saving, or gets it as a gift, but then realizes too late how expensive the games are, and doesn't want to return the system, and can't afford the games for it

piracy helps games reach more markets, so honestly getting all butthurt over it is harming more than letting it be

OctolingRift

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I pirate I wouldn't buy these indie games as most of them are shit, maybe I'd pirate a few but if that wasn't an option I wouldn't even bother to touch indie trash

Reactions: Enryx25

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say anybody is a pirate if they emulate or "pirate" the games they've purchased before. Regardless of platform or age.

It doesn't matter what you would say.

dude, dont be that person lol

Girl, don't quote me when you lack the most miniscule amount of comprehension.

Better yet, IGNORED for being one of the strangest hyperactive trolls around.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do these threads always get too many replies? Haven't you people learned by now not to feed this mess? Piracy exists. It will always exist. I pirated something 15 minutes ago. I'll pirate something tomorrow, and so will a lot of other people. You either will or you won't. It doesn't matter how many thousands of dollars I've spent on collecting, or buying new, or anyone else's, I still like to pirate games, because I can. But it doesn't matter. This thread won't change my mind, or any of the replies. I'm a pirate, and I always will be. But I also buy a ton of shit. Hell, I pirated Guacamelee for PC and I've since bought it 4 times. Some games I won't buy and I'll be glad I got them for free.
If you're still reading this, go pirate something, then actually beat it, then go tell your friends how fun it was. Quit arguing on the internet with strangers about your moot view of a topic that won't change regardless. I'm going to go play Resident Evil VII now, I'm a little late to the party.

Last edited by rufuszombot, , Reason: Spelling

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't matter what you would say.

Girl, don't quote me when you lack the most miniscule amount of comprehension.

Better yet, IGNORED for being one of the strangest hyperactive trolls around.
Ohhh I got ignored, nooooooooooooooooooo, :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:, Ill pirate some more so i can forget

and will enjoy this one is a little bit better

Last edited by kamesenin888,

NightStorm1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
We can tell they are worried and paying close attention. They really should be. Every console can EASILY run Homebrew applications and soon backups or a freeShop situation. Hell I used a paperclip to get into RCM. It's been happening since the Wii and shows no sign of stopping. I don't think Rei should release that XCI dumper/installer. It's a stupid slippery slope that could seriously harm Nintendo.

CONSIDER THIS
The Switch is currently in it's prime. The old consoles didn't get open piracy or real Homebrew development until well into their overall lifespan. The Switch is getting it NOW. Only 2 years in. Most sales will be made around this time and most switch owners will be looking into Homebrew if it's so widespread and so stupidly easy to pull off.

Piracy does not matter to the devs at all. Its only a very small Percentage who uses a CFW. Most of the Switch Users will still play the Games officaly. And many of the Pirates will come back und buy the game anyway if the liked it. I am an Indie Dev and i will soon Port my Game over to the Switch and I am not bordered by this in the slightest.

Reactions: the_randomizer
D

Deleted User

I like to think the same way, but consider how easy it is. 10,000 isn't a realistic number of possible pirates.
consider how hard it is. Keep in mind, a hardware revision is coming soon. And I don't think ACE is going to happen anytime soon with the latest firmware that could allow high level homebrew. Let alone sd acess, so only 18 million, switches have the ablity for piracy. But when we reach numbers like 70 million, does that even matter? And then you got the fact that not all of them are going to pirate. So it's not concerning, we know a hardware revision is coming out soon.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8