• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Isn't it hypocritical to force people to take jobs while unemployed?

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that you need to eat is not created by capitalism, the government or anyone else. You have the option to leave civilization, move deep into a forest, build a hut and start hunting and gathering. If you think needing to get a job to pay for food and being forced into a job by the government is the same thing, then instead of doing your toilet philosophy, how about you actually talk to someone from the former soviet union.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The fact that you need to eat is not created by capitalism, the government or anyone else. You have the option to leave civilization, move deep into a forest, build a hut and start hunting and gathering. If you think needing to get a job to pay for food and being forced into a job by the government is the same thing, then instead of doing your toilet philosophy, how about you actually talk to someone from the former soviet union.
Have you ancenstors who died under the bolshevik regime? According to Solzhenitsyn about 66.000.000 people where destroyed by the bolsheviks out of racial hatred. (I think that includes things like the holodomor)

2020-03-04T084322Z_1803916977_RC2WCF9C5220_RTRMADP_3_UKRAINE-CANADA-scaled-e1596318518921-1024x729.jpg

I think the idea of the thread is more about the increasing exploitation of the bolsheviks of today.

Last edited by Creamu,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am an anarcho communist
Let's just leave politics aside for a moment, in a society you need to earn money to live, eat, and pay your bills, right? So you need a job whether that's a normal job (retail, warehouse, banking, cleaning, managerial) or not (selling on Amazon, making a living thru YouTube).

I read chicks, well, cute chicks are making $30k a month on OnlyFans.

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you ancenstors who died under the bolshevik regime? According to Solzhenitsyn about 66.000.000 people where destroyed by the bolsheviks out of racial hatred.

I think the idea of the thread is more about the increasing exploitation of the bolsheviks of today.
I possibly do, since i have so few close relatives. And "racial" is an American concept. Within Russia during the revolution, after the nobility were killed off by the bolsheviks, they turned to what they called the kulaks (this was not an actual class before the bolsheviks needed an enemy to continue the revolution. When the soviet union started expanding into other countries, they started erasing cultures, teaching russian as the main language and so on. But that was done more to enforce homogeneity and control, not out of racial hatred for other nations so far as I'm aware. A populations of russians live in my country to this day. No one considers them racist.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I possibly do, since i have so few close relatives.
I'm sorry for what happened to your people.
And "racial" is an American concept.
I'm pretty sure that is wrong. The 'american' racial conception is a bolshevik invention.
Within Russia during the revolution, after the nobility were killed off by the bolsheviks, they turned to what they called the kulaks (this was not an actual class before the bolsheviks needed an enemy to continue the revolution. When the soviet union started expanding into other countries, they started erasing cultures, teaching russian as the main language and so on.
Terrible. Unfortunatly a little known history by many today.
But that was done more to enforce homogeneity and control, not out of racial hatred for other nations so far as I'm aware. A populations of russians live in my country to this day. No one considers them racist.
Yes, Solzhenitsyn himself talked about ethnic hatred. The bolsheviks were to a large extend not russians themselves. 85% of the government and the people in important positions of the institutions were ethnically clearly distinct from russians/christians. With only a few russians among the remaining 15%.

What OP is getting at in my view, and why this is relevant to this topic is that the bolshevik regime is now a global power, that has learned not to use hard power, like causing planned famine and mass starvation, mass shootings etc switching to softpower, since now they know what a terribel look that is. They use softpower instead of hardpower, and that is what OP describes. The differances are the mechanisms and how they are percieved, while being in essence the same. Same people, motives, goals different mechanisms. Hope that clarifies things for OP.

For furhter reading I recommend this:
111dadsasdf.jpg

Last edited by Creamu,

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
If the government provided what OP is suggesting, unemployment would skyrocket as there'd be a reduced incentive for ANYONE to work.
The vast majority of us in employment are not in our ideal jobs, earning the wage we deserve. I've only had two pay rises in the last decade and a half!
Yes, existing is sometimes a struggle, but at least I'm not so entitled to think that I can spend as long as I want waiting for the perfect job to come to me while living off of hard working tax payers money and complaining that it's not fair that I get everything paid for me but, boo-hoo, only for a few months??!
That's false, no one enjoys being on unemployment benefits. you barely get enough to even hold a rent anymore with it, let alone also covering food. What I'm saying is straight up, the government shouldn't pick your fucking job, by forcing you to apply to everything and everyone. Your In the UK, so you don't know what the United States Unemployment benefits look like, but to say the least, it's not a whole lot. And nor are you aware of how poorly the country is paying. If you saw the jobs over here and how they'd paid. I'd think you loose your shit.

I'm going to bring cost as an example again. Let's say Rent+ utilizes is $850 (which is incredibly low as most Americans Deal with Rent in the $1,000s the 850 number is assuming your living in like, maybe two particular states were either housing or apartment costs haven't skyrocketed)
If a job is still paying $8.25 (they still fucking exist) if we go by a biweekly schedule, and assume that you get paid twice within each month. (330 for $8.25 for 40 hours x 2 for biweekly pay off x 2 again for the second time of pay) that's 1,320 dollars, WITHOUT TAX. You still have to pay for food, car insurance, health insurance, and gas for said car.
Since your someone from the UK you probably don't know this but the United States urban design is hot garbage, it's completely designed around cars. Otherwise your walking over 6 lanes of cars in a tiny cross walk, there is little to no trees to cover the area as someone walks, and most of the urban design as a result essentially requires you to have a car. Bus systems are often heavily underfunded.

The goverment is essentially forcing you into a job, that isn't even above your living standards, but rather the job itself is below all standards of living. I'm not saying "oh well just live off unemployment forever" we live in a capitalist system. But what I am getting at is this is the same fucking shit that people would use to argue against communism in every form, that communists are going to choose your jobs.

As for unemployment skyrocketing, it's inventively going to skyrocket if companies keep paying jack shit. Either they deal with their shitty job where they no longer can afford to keep their house.
Or they go onto unemployment, which also won't afford them to keep their house. Which one are they going to do?

the one where they are going in 40 hours ,and not able to keep their home?
or the one where they quit their job, go unemployed, and still can't afford to keep their house?

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
You must understand, the leading Bolsheviks who took over Russia were not Russians. They hated Russians. They hated Christians. Driven by ethnic hatred they tortured and slaughtered millions of Russians without a shred of human remorse. It cannot be overstated. Bolshevism committed the greatest human slaughter of all time. The fact that most of the world is ignorant and uncaring about this enormous crime is proof that the global media is in the hands of the perpetrators.
That's not even my point (however to be clear I strongly hate (Stalin/Lennism) bolshiviks count. They were somewhere inbetween state capitalist and state communist (most likely the former, since wealth distribution didn't happen.)
My point is that Captalists, fear mongering about communists entirely (even though there's different forms of it. Again, Stalin/Leninism can go to hell. I don't want a state, please and thank you.)
saying that communism will pick your job, and that's why you should never ever support communism. When well... here we are experiencing the same thing because
muh economy
In a situation where most people are barely getting by in the first place here in the states.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I'm saying is straight up, the government shouldn't pick your fucking job, by forcing you to apply to everything and everyone.
I'm not totally against the government assigning you a job, but then maybe it should be like jury service and everyone gets assigned a job at some point.

It would also be good if employers didn't basically give their employees ptsd so they won't leave, despite not being paid enough.

The majority of people in the UK on benefits, are actually in work. Because the jobs are too exploitative.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
That's not even my point (however to be clear I strongly hate (Stalin/Lennism) bolshiviks count. They were somewhere inbetween state capitalist and state communist (most likely the former, since wealth distribution didn't happen.)
My point is that Captalists, fear mongering about communists entirely (even though there's different forms of it. Again, Stalin/Leninism can go to hell. I don't want a state, please and thank you.)
saying that communism will pick your job, and that's why you should never ever support communism. When well... here we are experiencing the same thing because
muh economy
In a situation where most people are barely getting by in the first place here in the states.
Yes, it is both planned economy. Only different on the surface level.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
I'm not totally against the government assigning you a job, but then maybe it should be like jury service and everyone gets assigned a job at some point.
they already have a soft deadline, which is 26 weeks, and it ends. And as a reminder, hopping back and forth onto a job to reclaim it, doesn't really work since unemployment benefits already pay so low.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's false, no one enjoys being on unemployment benefits. you barely get enough to even hold a rent anymore with it, let alone also covering food. What I'm saying is straight up, the government shouldn't pick your fucking job, by forcing you to apply to everything and everyone. Your In the UK, so you don't know what the United States Unemployment benefits look like, but to say the least, it's not a whole lot. And nor are you aware of how poorly the country is paying. If you saw the jobs over here and how they'd paid. I'd think you loose your shit.

I'm going to bring cost as an example again. Let's say Rent+ utilizes is $850 (which is incredibly low as most Americans Deal with Rent in the $1,000s the 850 number is assuming your living in like, maybe two particular states were either housing or apartment costs haven't skyrocketed)
If a job is still paying $8.25 (they still fucking exist) if we go by a biweekly schedule, and assume that you get paid twice within each month. (330 for $8.25 for 40 hours x 2 for biweekly pay off x 2 again for the second time of pay) that's 1,320 dollars, WITHOUT TAX. You still have to pay for food, car insurance, health insurance, and gas for said car.
Since your someone from the UK you probably don't know this but the United States urban design is hot garbage, it's completely designed around cars. Otherwise your walking over 6 lanes of cars in a tiny cross walk, there is little to no trees to cover the area as someone walks, and most of the urban design as a result essentially requires you to have a car. Bus systems are often heavily underfunded.

The goverment is essentially forcing you into a job, that isn't even above your living standards, but rather the job itself is below all standards of living. I'm not saying "oh well just live off unemployment forever" we live in a capitalist system. But what I am getting at is this is the same fucking shit that people would use to argue against communism in every form, that communists are going to choose your jobs.

As for unemployment skyrocketing, it's inventively going to skyrocket if companies keep paying jack shit. Either they deal with their shitty job where they no longer can afford to keep their house.
Or they go onto unemployment, which also won't afford them to keep their house. Which one are they going to do?

the one where they are going in 40 hours ,and not able to keep their home?
or the one where they quit their job, go unemployed, and still can't afford to keep their house?

To be honest you are just awful no one is going to pity you, if you find $8.25 an hour too little then hunt for a job that pay more than that, they are only going to help you for six months of unemployment after that it is over, If you stuck with that $8.25 option, then learn something that can pay you more money, learn to code to be a software engineer as it pay a lot.

• Sad
Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
To be honest you are just awful no one is going to pity you, if you find $8.25 an hour too little then hunt for a job that pay more than that, they are only going to help you for six months of unemployment after that it is over, If you stuck with that $8.25 option, then learn something that can pay you more money, learn to code to be a software engineer as it pay a lot.
I feel sorry for anyone in that position. Europeans (the founders of the USA) were once proud people.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
then learn something that can pay you more money, learn to code to be a software engineer as it pay a lot.
Not everyone can learn to be a software engineer. A lot of software engineering jobs are being moved overseas where they can pay lower than US minimum wage.

Some people are lucky, some people aren't.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel sorry for anyone in that position. Europeans (the founders of the USA) were once proud people.

Seriously no one should pity OP, unemployment insurance would only help him/her for six month after that it is over, what they suppose to do feed OP for life. If they find $8.25 is too little then find something that pay more than that. Actually you get less than 8 dollars from unemployment, you get about 400 before tax, so you get about 287, if you divide that by 40 you only get $7.17

Reactions: Skelletonike

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone can learn to be a software engineer. A lot of software engineering jobs are being moved overseas where they can pay lower than US minimum wage.

Some people are lucky, some people aren't.

The thing is he is in control of his life, he can learn something that pay him more money, I been in OP situation before, I was on unemployment before, if dude want a better life he need to turn his life around. Not like unemployment benefit is forever.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
not my point my guy. Goverment, forcing you to take that job. Since the ones that tend to pay the lowest are also the most desperate ones since no one is biting. And you are required while unemployed to apply to to the first available job. That would count. Same for any other job that is too low paying. Not my circumstances, it's called living in someone else's shoes.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not my point my guy. Goverment, forcing you to take that job. Since the ones that tend to pay the lowest are also the most desperate ones since no one is biting.

They ain't forcing you if you don't want to take the job then you will be unemployed for real there are plenty of jobs out there that pay atleast 2x of $8.25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: