• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Ivermectin proves ineffective against covid 19

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
just like it was wrong about the election fraud? or the hunter biden laptop, or the jan 6th calls or the origin of the virus or the fact that you cant get infected if you have been vaccinated.
Correct, they were wrong about all of that. Recounts have turned up no election fraud, it takes massive logical leaps to assume that laptop is Hunter's, I'm not sure what you mean by "Jan 6th calls," and the vaccine stuff was just ignorance of how vaccines work in general.

its odd you'd pick the vaccine as your hill too when pfizer has been caught lying before about their meds and yet its hailed as a panacea
It's a good thing Pfizer isn't the only option for vaccination then. I'm skeptical of big pharma in general (including Merck), but if there's one thing you can count on them for, it's chasing the profit motive. If the vaccines were ineffective, all the governments of the world would be demanding their money back.

Reactions: KingVamp

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, they were wrong about all of that. Recounts have turned up no election fraud, it takes massive logical leaps to assume that laptop is Hunter's, I'm not sure what you mean by "Jan 6th calls," and the vaccine stuff was just ignorance of how vaccines work in general.

It's a good thing Pfizer isn't the only option for vaccination then. I'm skeptical of big pharma in general (including Merck), but if there's one thing you can count on them for, it's chasing the profit motive. If the vaccines were ineffective, all the governments of the world would be demanding their money back.
The least btw.

Irony.

i dont understand

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

literally everything you just said is factually inaccurate.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, believe anything and you'll fall for anything. The perfect mark for conmen. You probably still believe there's a basement under Comet Ping Pong where child sex trafficking occurs, too.

if i can offer you one piece of advice, dont go around assuming you know anything about me, thanks. Secondly, i dont know enough about that story to have an opinion. your little quip applies to you to you know.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
your little quip applies to you to you know.
Appreciate the warning, but I'm not particularly conspiracy-minded. They were fun thought exercises back when the focus was on stuff like bigfoot and aliens, now it's all "Democrats are the root of all evil in the world." The truth of the matter is that most gripes conservatives have with the political sphere and society in general boil down to gripes with capitalism, and they just haven't reached that level of self-awareness yet.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're riddled with parasites then taking ivermectin to kill them off so you're healthier to fight off covid19 is probably a good idea. Anyone saying they are taking it is a little revealing of course.
That's debatable. It is believed by many scientists that the people in areas that have high amounts of parasitic infections may do better because of immunosuppression preventing cytokine storms. It will take a while to figure out all the nuances to tell what really helped or hindered recovery because of all of the variables.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate the warning, but I'm not particularly conspiracy-minded. They were fun thought exercises back when the focus was on stuff like bigfoot and aliens, now it's all "Democrats are the root of all evil in the world." The truth of the matter is that most gripes conservatives have with the political sphere and society in general boil down to gripes with capitalism, and they just haven't reached that level of self-awareness yet.

its interesting you brought up capitalism as a problem because alot of uneducated people tend do that, must be a coincidence. I didnt ask if you were conspiracy minded but i am curious, how do you quantify a conspiracy? and what does it take in your mind for a conspiracy to become more than that?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
its interesting you brought up capitalism as a problem because alot of uneducated people tend do that, must be a coincidence.
Only someone completely blinded by nationalism would be foolish enough to claim that capitalism is a flawless system. Nothing created by humans is perfect.

I didnt ask if you were conspiracy minded but i am curious, how do you quantify a conspiracy? and what does it take in your mind for a conspiracy to become more than that?
Conspiracy has a very concise legal definition. "An agreement between two or more persons to engage jointly in an unlawful or criminal act, or an act that is innocent in itself but becomes unlawful when done by the combination of actors."

A conspiracy theory is nothing more than that, a theory that a conspiracy has occurred or is occurring, but with none of the facts or evidence to support it. If the only people you're capable of convincing exist in an echo chamber like Facebook or 4Chan, it's never gonna gain any ground with the mainstream, let alone anyone with two skeptical brain cells to rub together.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh I'm a pretty fast typist. Not so good with the "host personality" or story boarding for that format.

Are you fucking serious? You were one of Trump's staunchest defenders, and as far as I'm aware, you have yet to renounce that position. Your signature shows roundabout support for Putin and Russian propaganda. Authoritarianism in just about any form seems to give you a hard on.

This is coming from the guy that pushed Trump Russia collusion for 4 years.

When it's literally all came out that it was manufactured by the democratic party.

This is the guy calling other people conspiracy theorists.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is coming from the guy that pushed Trump Russia collusion for 4 years.
And has Trump ever stopped acting like Putin's lapdog for a single day since? No. He's still sucking his dick in the midst of a war crime spree. Should tell you all you need to know.

Yeah, that thing has Putin's fingerprints all over it.
Nah it's just some random guy's laptop. Following conservative logic, Hunter Biden would've needed to fly two states over to give his laptop to some tiny electronics repair shop in the middle of nowhere. As if a family as rich as his wouldn't just call a repairman to come to them instead, lol.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
And has Trump ever stopped acting like Putin's lapdog for a single day since? No. He's still sucking his dick in the midst of a war crime spree. Should tell you all you need to know.

Nah it's just some random guy's laptop. Following conservative logic, Hunter Biden would've needed to fly two states over to give his laptop to some tiny electronics repair shop in the middle of nowhere. As if a family as rich as his wouldn't just call a repairman to come to them instead, lol.
Ah. When blaming Putin looks bad, you pretend to be conservative. Got it.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Uhh no...I said "following conservative logic." I didn't claim to be a conservative. Your reading comprehension seems to be going down the shitter fast.
I didn't claim that you were claiming to be a conservative. I said you were pretending, which is what you were doing. You put on a show for me and now you are realizing how dumb you looked. Then, deflection. Classic Xzi.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't claim that you were claiming to be a conservative. I said you were pretending, which is what you were doing. You put on a show for me and now you are realizing how dumb you looked. Then, deflection. Classic Xzi.
Nope, wasn't even pretending to be. That is literally the claim made by conspiracy theorists: that Hunter Biden flew two states over to give his laptop to an electronics repair shop nowhere close to where he lives or works. Not my fault if you weren't up to speed on the latest batshit insane theories circulating among your kin.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nope, wasn't even pretending to be. That is literally the claim made by conspiracy theorists: that Hunter Biden flew two states over to give his laptop to an electronics repair shop nowhere close to where he lives or works. Not my fault if you weren't up to speed on the latest batshit insane theories circulating among your kin.
Yeah you were. Instead of confronting the "Russian disinformation" hoax you brought in this alternative line of thinking, as if it were more ridiculous. I don't care if you think I am conservative, but you are the one entertaining the line and mocking it. It literally is your pretense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: