• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Ivermectin proves ineffective against covid 19

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Instead of confronting the "Russian disinformation" hoax you brought in this alternative line of thinking, as if it were more ridiculous.
No, claiming Putin had anything to do with the Hunter Biden laptop conspiracy theory is definitely more ridiculous. You made that claim, however, not me. And yes, I know you were being facetious. I simply set the record straight.

I don't care if you think I am conservative, but you are the one entertaining the line and mocking it. It literally is your pretense.
I'm literally just repeating what I've read from various alt-right sources around the web. It's literally not my pretense. Literally.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I simply set the record straight.
Beating around the bush is accurate. Are you saying that you never believed that that the laptop was "Russian disinformation"?

I'm literally just repeating what I've read from various alt-right sources.
Conservatives are alt-right. Interesting. You are the one introducing this. I don't care about your sources, and they don't address my point.

I know that you know where this is headed. When your intelligence agencies and media lie to you, and your alternative is to parrot media that you clearly don't agree with, you really have nothing to say.

Last edited by tabzer,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Beating around the bush is accurate. Are you saying that you never believed that that the laptop was "Russian disinformation"?
I don't, no. I think it was just general disinformation made up by morons, and morons are the only ones who still believe it's of any consequence. I've said it before and I'll apparently have to say it again: there are plenty of valid criticisms to levy at Joe Biden without having to make shit up or try to get at him through his one surviving son. It'd be a different matter if Hunter was leeching tens of millions of dollars from the federal government via nepotism, IE Jared and Ivanka. I'd be his loudest critic.

Conservatives are alt-right. Interesting.
I can't speak to how things work elsewhere in the world, but in America they have essentially merged into one, yes. The party of Trump isn't shy about sharing their extremist viewpoints.

You are the one introducing this. I don't care about your sources, and they don't address my point.
I could also copy and paste the entire text of the Lord of the Rings trilogy of books here, would that make me their author? Of course the source matters, and is often the case, whatever point it was you were trying to make is unclear at best, totally nonsensical at worst.

Reactions: KingVamp

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't, no

That's not proper English, Xzi. I'm asking if you did, not if you do now. Be direct. I don't see the point in bringing up Trump.

extremist viewpoints

Conservatives are extremists now. This just keeps escalating. Also, again, bringing up Trump.

would that make me their author?

That would just be you pretending something else mattered when it doesn't. You can call yourself a potato and it still doesn't change the pretense of your deflection, whether it's by popular conservative lines of thought or other fictional stories. Interesting you didn't bring up Trump.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's not proper English, Xzi. I'm asking if you did, not if you do now. Be direct.
No, I never thought the Russians had anything to do with that non-story. Not that it really matters who made it up, disinformation is disinformation all the same. Especially when there's an obvious partisan agenda attached.

Conservatives are extremists now. This just keeps escalating.
I said they hold extremist viewpoints. Thankfully not all of them choose to act on them all the time, but when they do, well...we've got another mass shooting just about every week in this country.

That would just be you pretending something else mattered when it doesn't. You can call yourself a potato and it still doesn't change the pretense of your deflection, whether it's by popular conservative lines of thoughts or other fictional stories.
Still completely lost on where I supposedly "deflected" away from anything. I've answered every one of your questions as succinctly as I possibly can.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No, I never thought the Russians had anything to do with that non-story. Not that it really matters who made it up, disinformation is disinformation all the same. Especially when there's an obvious partisan agenda attached.

So when you heard "Russian disinformation" you processed it as "disinformation", but blaming Russia is what? The default? Inconsequential?

I said they hold extremist viewpoints. Thankfully not all of them choose to act on them all the time, but when they do, well...we've got another mass shooting just about every week in this country.

So conservatives are the ones doing mass shootings? I thought they didn't like the government. I didn't know they wanted to kill everyone.

Still completely lost on where I supposedly "deflected" away from anything. I've answered every one of your questions as succinctly as I possibly can.

It's about a page back. You wouldn't remember.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So conservatives are the ones doing mass shootings? I thought they didn't like the government. I didn't know they wanted to kill everyone.

Literally yes, gtfoh with that disingenuous nonsense. Most of these guys have left lengthy manifestos parroting extremist right-wing rhetoric. Talking about dodging and deflecting while you make shit up.

Reactions: Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Literally yes, gtfoh with that disingenuous nonsense. Most of these guys have left lengthy manifestos parroting extremist right-wing rhetoric. Talking about dodging and deflecting while you make shit up.

So what makes someone who wants less government kill everyone they see? It doesn't make sense to me. Doesn't that inspire more government? To me it sounds like you are just calling them conservative after the fact.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So when you heard "Russian disinformation" you processed it as "disinformation", but blaming Russia is what? The default? Inconsequential?
I dunno, you'd have to ask the people who blamed them for it. Recent events have shown that Russia isn't the good guy in any context, but even Putin's influence and reach has its limits.

So conservatives are the ones doing mass shootings? I thought they didn't like the government.
They also don't like gays, immigrants, Jews, teachers, liberals...probably just easier if I let this poignant comic from 1968's Mad magazine explain:
PgIdDWs.jpeg
Those types used to be a very small minority even within the Republican (formerly Democratic) party. Now they're in charge of it.

It's about a page back. You wouldn't remember.
If it happened at all it's because you were being needlessly obtuse with your phrasing and I didn't understand what you were getting at.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we're done with the Ivermectin debate then this thread has served it's purpose.

Any chance we can avoid the usual deterioration into irrelevant bickering?

Reactions: Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I dunno, you'd have to ask the people who blamed them for it. Recent events have shown that Russia isn't the good guy in any context, but even Putin's influence and reach has its limits.

I'm generally confused how you decide what news is factual and what isn't. Do you flip a coin?

They also don't like gays, immigrants, Jews, teachers, liberals...probably just easier if I let this poignant comic from 1968's Mad magazine explain

So you are accusing me of all of that when you call me a conservative? I didn't know that's what it means to be conservative.

If it happened at all it's because you were being needlessly obtuse with your phrasing and I didn't understand what you were getting at.

It wasn't obtuse. I was very directly mocking the narrative of "Russian disinformation". If you think that didn't apply to you, you could have said so without pretending something else.

If we're done with the Ivermectin debate then this thread has served it's purpose.

This thread was dead before it started. We decided to do a storyboard for a podcast. Feel free to close it.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
And has Trump ever stopped acting like Putin's lapdog for a single day since? No. He's still sucking his dick in the midst of a war crime spree. Should tell you all you need to know.

Nah it's just some random guy's laptop. Following conservative logic, Hunter Biden would've needed to fly two states over to give his laptop to some tiny electronics repair shop in the middle of nowhere. As if a family as rich as his wouldn't just call a repairman to come to them instead, lol.
Take the tin foil hat off bro lmao

There was no collusion. It was manufactured. When you going to apologize for peddling that misinformation for half a decade?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm generally confused how you decide what news is factual and what isn't. Do you flip a coin?
Reading the news rather than watching it helps, usually more obvious when a writer is trying to be deceitful. I also assign news sources to different categories based on their historical factual accuracy.

So you are accusing me of all of that when you call me a conservative? I didn't know that's what it means to be conservative.
Yep, comes with a lot of stigma attached these days. Probably be easier to just denounce that shit now and be done with it. Nobody's stopping you.

It wasn't obtuse. I was very directly mocking the narrative of "Russian disinformation". If you think that didn't apply to you, you could have said so without pretending something else.
But...I did? In my first reply to that statement I called it general disinformation rather than Russian disinformation. Seems you needed me to elaborate even further after that, but regardless, I did not deflect away from the subject.

There was no collusion. It was manufactured.
"We have all the funding we need out of Russia." - Eric Trump, 2014

When you going to apologize for peddling that misinformation for half a decade?
Maybe when you or anyone else can point to anything concrete proving that it's misinformation, and Trump finally decides to denounce Putin as a ruthless dictator and a war criminal. I have a feeling both of them will be six feet under before that ever happens.

• Haha
Reactions: KingVamp and tabzer

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Feel free to close it.
I agree, I think I would make an excellent mod since I already exude that quality.

Seriously though, I'd rather this thread didn't get closed in case I find more medical info to post about. Perhaps you could voluntarily move the discussion to the Trump or Ukraine thread if it fits better there?

Reactions: tabzer

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I agree, I think I would make an excellent mod since I already exude that quality.

Seriously though, I'd rather this thread didn't get closed in case I find more medical info to post about. Perhaps you could voluntarily move the discussion to the Trump or Ukraine thread if it fits better there?
I entered to talk about how much hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin were used here, and how many Brazilians died despite the heavy usages of those drugs, but that do not matter anymore, as this post were automatically merged with "Situation in Ukraine" and "Will Trump be president again".

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A virus is parasitic.
BTW:
"Ivermectin proposes many potentials effects to treat a range of diseases, with its antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-cancer properties as a wonder drug."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32533071/
And, I quote: "Of course, confirmation of this statement requires human studies and clinical trials."
Unsurprisingly, said human clinical trials showed little to no effect in the actual conditions of a human treatment.

Knock yourself out on the papers.
https://c19ivermectin.com/

As a side note, on the left sidebar there are links to studies for many other drugs.
Ah yes, the joy of informing oneself on a biased website constructed the exact same as the Raoult-hosted website that censed every HCQ-related covid study that had a positive conclusion. You do realise that this kind of website is exacty the cherry-picking you pretend to try and avoid? Actual meta-analyses and systematic reviews show that overall, including everything that is obviously not on this website, and analysing the flaws of every paper to ponderate on them, there is no profitable gain of ivermectin on any of those, and in patricular not in covid, for the treatment of actual non-testtube infections.
But you'd need to look at those meta-analyses and systematic reviews in medical journals instead of looking at cherry-picking biased websites to acknowledge that, obviously.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And, I quote: "Of course, confirmation of this statement requires human studies and clinical trials."
Unsurprisingly, said human clinical trials showed little to no effect in the actual conditions of a human treatment.

Ah yes, the joy of informing oneself on a biased website constructed the exact same as the Raoult-hosted website that censed every HCQ-related covid study that had a positive conclusion. You do realise that this kind of website is exacty the cherry-picking you pretend to try and avoid? Actual meta-analyses and systematic reviews show that overall, including everything that is obviously not on this website, and analysing the flaws of every paper to ponderate on them, there is no profitable gain of ivermectin on any of those, and in patricular not in covid, for the treatment of actual non-testtube infections.
But you'd need to look at those meta-analyses and systematic reviews in medical journals instead of looking at cherry-picking biased websites to acknowledge that, obviously.

I use it as a collection of the studies, you can use its word as gospel or not. It even has he study mentioned in the OP.
And this site is one of many which checks all treatments, there is not observable bias IMO.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

But isn't this thread categorically disinformation? Or is it misinformation because the intent cannot be proven?

Now we have to deal with the emerging reality of alt-right peer-reviewed studies. We need greater controls over what kind of studies are permitted.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just funny to see someone dead set on believing these conspiracy theories, despite all the evidence saying otherwise, asking others what is it going to take to change their mind.

Unless you are talking about the price of ivermectin, it can cost far more than $20.

I'm gonna help you like I did the other guy, you don't wanna go down this road and embarress yourself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rVUjbpqsE_M?si=xx-48GSacwRiKHU_ Hole in Ass