Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1234turtles said:
the japanese are always welcome in america if things get to hectic in japan

Japan won't be destroyed, Tokyo had a few quakes and only has minor damage, start trusting their engineering. As for 2012 and before anyone says global warming, earthquakes aren't affected by climate change.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KuRensan said:
Man I saw some footage on TV o.O I didn't believed my eyes. I never seen such a footage of an earthquake before :S also the water with all those homes and cars.
I saw a clip of tens, maybe even a hundred or so cars get washed away by the water; it really surprised me.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Especially as this is 2011. Still, this kind of thing was prophesied, after all.

And I'm watching some more footage now. It's fascinating (don't take that the wrong way, though).

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Especially as this is 2011. Still, this kind of thing was prophesied, after all.

And I'm watching some more footage now. It's fascinating (don't take that the wrong way, though).

Technically what Hitler did was fascinating. Just because it's not good doesn't mean it's not a feat.
I agree though, this is pretty crazy.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:

It's just pretty fascinating and sad that this happened. It's fascinating how the quake looks, but sad to see all the destruction.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Watching the inanimate objects, such as the cars, the buildings and the equipment shake and even collapse they way they do is somewhat fascinating; perhaps because it's not common to see for a lot of us. The fact that it's affecting people so badly is just unfortunate though, certainly. In some of the footage I just watched now it showed what looked like strong buildings just get flattened like a house of cards.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Watching the inanimate objects, such as the cars, the buildings and the equipment shake and even collapse they way they do is somewhat fascinating; perhaps because it's not common to see for a lot of us. The fact that it's affecting people so badly is just unfortunate though, certainly. In some of the footage I just watched now it showed what looked like strong buildings just get flattened like a house of cards.
I just watch what I think was part of what the tsunami look. It was like watching a wave of of cars and parts of houses.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be safe Japanese tempers.......

Can't really think of much else to say.....
Its times like this that make your voice feel small and meaningless

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm relieved Oahu wasn't hit all that bad. The Big Island, Maui, Kauai got the most of it, but we didn't get all that much here. On one of the islands, though, they saw 9ft surges, which is pretty crazy. Kailua Beach got up to the public restrooms, but it didn't get much further. We went down to there around noon (aren't we smart?) and you can still see the water recede and then push forward, recede and so forth. The reef sometimes got visible around Flat Island, too.

My condolences to those in Japan. I'm glad you guys are a well prepared nation, though. If it was a repeat of Indonesia or Haiti, that would have been really bad.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Fukushima No 1 nuclear power reactor in Onahama: the plant's operator Tepco says that radioactive substances "could have already been released" from the damaged reactor, while Japan's prime minister Naoto Kan is saying that residents within 10km of the plant must leave the area.

nukes plants are one of them most safe structures there is the quakes must have been super big for it to damage it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER