Japanese Site Nikkei Reports Nintendo Ceasing Wii U production by the end of the year

hero-1.jpg

Breaking news has come from Japanese site Nikkei;

According to Nikkei, Wii U accessories have already ceased production and the report states Wii U systems will soon follow suit, at the end of 2016. This is currently a rumor and will be updated as information comes out.

:arrow: SOURCE

Last edited by Chary,

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how greatly piracy affects on console sales. Didn't consoles like Wii, PSP, and 3DS sell well with soft exploits? Does an easy piracy damage console critically?

Easy piracy has been shown countless times to actually increase hardware sales which ultimately results in an increase in software sales as well. Need I remind you guys/gals of the ps2 scene or even the original wii scene? Both consoles had piracy enabling methods that were essentially child's play and those consoles from a hardware sales prospective blew their competitor's out of the water. The very fact that playing backups (or misuse for actual piracy) was so easy on both of these consoles played a HUGE role in how fast they both flew off the shelves. Over time as tons of people had these consoles in their homes they started to buy a lot of games (even though piracy was easy, not everyone using backup loading methods for it, some people use it for imports, legitimate backups etc) so these people were still buying software by the boatloads. Not to mention a lot of the people who were using these methods for piracy, were just using it for the "try before you buy" aspect of piracy and if they really liked a game they downloaded/copied off a friend, they would actually go out and buy it. Sure some pirates will refuse to pay for any content they know they can get for free illicitly but that's only really a small percentage of them....

S

Saiyan Lusitano

wiiu officially dead :P
People are still praising it and thinking how much of a great deal the Wii U is. :P I'd have to be out of my mind to pay £190 for a Wii U in 2016 that is ridiculously overpriced not to mention there isn't going to be an interesting Wii U game after Tokyo Mirage Sessions' is out (Mario & Sonic 2016 just.. eh).

Anyhow, it's their money so if they feel burned out it's their fault because they were warned not to (with all the reports and negativity around it).

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER