• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 434,929
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just meant that because you have the Japanese flag under your name, I don't just immediately assume that you're not a white, black, etc person living in Japan. For another example, just because I'm a Trump supporter doesn't mean that I'm a hillbilly redneck living in a mountain shanty like some leftist's might assume.

Wise. Too bad you cannot teach wisdom to others.

Reactions: morvoran

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What.a bunch of bullshit. Racist against Trump supporters? LOL. So fucking stupid. Goes to show why Trump supporters support trump in the first place.

You are not race. You don't deserve respect.

To compare the judgement of Trump supporters to racial disparity just shows how stupid you are. Come on. You can't honestly believe this shit? You think you are .... oppressed!!! WTF?!? Really? How about we compare apples to apples? Let's compare Trump supporters to privileged Nazis. Or the conspiracy theorists to children with autism. That is a much more fair comparison. Grow up.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Please tell me more, "mikefor20". I'm listening. I see a criticism, but as for an explanation all I see is "Trump Supporters=Nazis" It's not very convincing, for a "mikefor20" anyway. Maybe I expected too much from such an opening.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What.a bunch of bullshit. Racist against Trump supporters? LOL. So fucking stupid. Goes to show why Trump supporters support trump in the first place.
Whoa there cowboy/girl/person!!! Back away from your keyboard/phone and finish that cup of coffee first. You're still hungover (based on your name, maybe you need to "wake and bake").

Yes, of course, the Proud Boys are white nationalists. Here’s why
The head of the Proud Boys:
proudboys.jpg

Last edited by morvoran,
Reactions: UltraSUPRA

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Race only matters if you are a democrat. Interesting. Maybe I don't want race to be the thing that matters about people?

The primary difference I see in racial disparity between the two extremes: On one side, you have one "PoC" getting accolades, money and other kinds of rewards (financial and otherwise) just for saying "I'm oppressed." Ironic, considering that they are the person being rewarded, not being oppressed.

On the other side of the spectrum, you have a "PoC" (what a shitty term) fighting for the republic and they are called an "Uncle Tom" or "Nazi" as "mike420" has astutely demonstrated.

People have not evolved. They've gotten lazier.

Last edited by tabzer,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Everybody saw Biden coming, from 4 years away. Nobody is surprised that cheating the republic and democracy is what happened. These are facts, and everybody's feelings are valid. Except yours. Do we speak the same language?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made that statement yesterday and today just a few minutes ago I see this
69e6cd385e8c3d0da660a12318c928b6.png

He might not even use martial law, he might expose Joe in some form or fashion to get his position back.
Yes, on January 6th the President of the Senate counts the votes. I'm a Canadian but all of this stuff happening in the USA is fascinating especially because there seem to be two different worlds from an outside perspective.

A. One world where Joe Biden received 80 million votes (the most of any candidate in history) in the most secure election in history while only winning 16.7% of the counties and underperforming in all but 5 cities where he miraculously received massive dumps of votes at the eleventh hour on election day after it appeared he had already lost,

B. Another world where the election was stolen from the incumbent President who also received the most votes in history, who has secret evidence, Executive Order 13848 in his pocket, and "A Plan" to secure the Presidency in the eleventh hour, despite being seemingly defeated at every turn, to save America from Chinese communists.

Both of these worldviews seem unlikely to be true to normal people. I assume the truth there must be somewhere between the two.

I can't reconcile these two worlds from the outside so I am waiting patiently to see what happens on January 6th, and then 20th.
I don't think anyone can confidently know what is going to happen and I think it's mostly people cheering for their team at this point.

I'm anxious to see what happens! I just hope that at least we gamers can stay united in this wonderful community.
With the Electoral College having cast their votes, there is no legal pathway for Trump to steal this election. The votes of the Electoral College cannot be successfully challenged without, among other things, majority support in the Democratically-controlled House, there's nothing about appointing a special counsel or instituting martial law that legally could or would overturn the election results, and Trump himself has pushed back against these options.

We can say with 100% confidence that, unless Joe Biden dies or is incapacitated between now and January 20, he will be sworn in as president on January 20. There is zero ambiguity. Anybody saying otherwise is delusional or trolling.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody saw Biden coming, from 4 years away. Nobody is surprised that cheating the republic and democracy is what happened. These are facts, and everybody's feelings are valid. Except yours. Do we speak the same language?
Yes if you mean everyone saw Biden was bond to win because Trump alienated 51% of Americans by pandering to Corporations and white nationalists.. who would of thought that doesn’t work that well a 2nd time.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To compare the judgement of Trump supporters to racial disparity just shows how stupid you are. Come on. You can't honestly believe this shit? You think you are .... oppressed!!! WTF?!? Really? How about we compare apples to apples? Let's compare Trump supporters to privileged Nazis. Or the conspiracy theorists to children with autism. That is a much more fair comparison. Grow up.

Except by definition, they ARE a race. Period. Fact. Go read a dictionary.

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm so proud of Joe Biden, the president elect!

"His choices have decades of quiet, behind-the-scenes policymaking experience, matching Mr. Biden’s pledge to return basic competence to the government after four years of Mr. Trump’s chaotic administration."

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/us/politics/biden-cabinet.amp.html

President-elect Joe Biden announced a racially diverse slate of environmental advisers on Saturday, to help his administration confront what he called “the existential threat of our time, climate change”.

Source:https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...environmental-advisers-haaland-kerry-granholm

Presidential Transition Highlights: McConnell Congratulates Biden and Lobbies Senators to Oppose Effort to Overturn Results

Source:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/live/2020/12/15/us/joe-biden-trump.amp.html

Last edited by White_Raven_X,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
return basic competence to the government

Oh so the government was competent prior to Trump. Interesting theory.

With the Electoral College having cast their votes, there is no legal pathway for Trump to steal this election. The votes of the Electoral College cannot be successfully challenged without, among other things, majority support in the Democratically-controlled House, there's nothing about appointing a special counsel or instituting martial law that legally could or would overturn the election results, and Trump himself has pushed back against these options.

We can say with 100% confidence that, unless Joe Biden dies or is incapacitated between now and January 20, he will be sworn in as president on January 20. There is zero ambiguity. Anybody saying otherwise is delusional or trolling.

If Biden concedes, he will hand over the election to Trump, making him the winner of the election.

D

Deleted User

If Biden concedes, he will hand over the election to Trump, making him the winner of the election.
I highly doubt he's going to concede.
I think if he tried to the democratic party would have a word with him.
Not that the party is good, but considering the amount of money poured into him.
Yeah I highly doubt that.

Reactions: ghjfdtg

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, it's not something to count on. But it is one of a few legal ways that Trump can win--just to show that @Lacius s self-assumed sense of authority is just pretentiousness wrapped in a thesaurus.

I think if he tried to the democratic party would have a word with him.

Lol "word".

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Yeah, it's not something to count on. But it is one of a few legal ways that Trump can win--just to show that @Lacius s self-assumed sense of authority is just pretentiousness wrapped in a thesaurus.
So...
You're essentially suggesting a highly unlikely scenario, and getting frustrated with someone who disagrees with that scenario's chance...
Yeah that seems pretty dumb

Last edited by ,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol "word".
Biden claimed victory. He didn't concede. If Biden were to hypothetically decide that he didn't want to take the oath of office, Harris would become president. That's not going to happen.

I'm not claiming to be an authority. I'm acknowledging the objective reality of things.

Edit: you seem to think Biden has as much say over who won the election as you think Trump has. Neither of them has any say over who won at this point.

Last edited by Lacius,

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"His choices have decades of quiet, behind-the-scenes policymaking experience, matching Mr. Biden’s pledge to return basic competence to the government after four years of Mr. Trump’s chaotic administration."
Yeah, I bet you can't wait for Joe's "2021 Crime Bill" which will make his 1994 crime bill look like BLM wrote it. Other than locking up more underprivileged black citizens than were enslaved due to his bills and not much else, what do you think he will do better than Trump? I bet you won't come up with anything. Brainlet Simp

Presidential Transition Highlights: McConnell Congratulates Biden and Lobbies Senators to Oppose Effort to Overturn Results
Oh, yeah, what does McConnell, Zuckerburg, Swallwell, and Biden all have in common? They all get pegged hard by their Chinese wives/girlfriends/handlers. With all this CCP nonsense going on, you still don't suspect that these guys have Chinese partners for a reason. Try removing that DNC blindfold before you get pegged yourself (unless you look forward to it).

Last edited by morvoran,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway