• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 434,946
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody here referenced Russia, but I'll play ball- the claims about Russian interference always, without fail, were about Russian efforts to spread misinformation to influence the election. Nobody ever claimed there were Russian hacking efforts to actually change results.
The Russians attempted to do more than spread misinformation and influence the election.

The committee reported that the Russian government was able to penetrate election systems in at least 18, and possibly up to 21, states, and that in a smaller subset of states, infiltrators "could have altered or deleted voter registration data," although they lacked the ability to manipulate individual votes or vote tallies. The committee wrote that the infiltrators' failure to exploit vulnerabilities in election systems could have been because they "decided against taking action" or because "they were merely gathering information and testing capabilities for a future attack". To prevent future infiltrations, the committee made a number of recommendations, including that "at a minimum, any machine purchased going forward should have a voter-verified paper trail and no WiFi capability".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol OMG.. Everyone should watch Netflix “Death to 2020” ... it perfectly explains the 2020.. and the election for dummies .... plus it’s funny as shit !!!

Reactions: Xzi

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a Lot of People Who Think the 2020 Election was Stolen in Some Way

This story is from a poll taken late last year, so most likely, the number of democrats/independent who think Biden stole the election has gone up. That means the only *people* left who think Biden is legitimate are tools on twitter and the brainlets here on GBAtemp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most voters say this year’s unprecedented level of mail-in voting was largely successful and continue to think President Trump should concede the presidential race. Republicans, however, strongly believe Democrats are likely to have stolen the election.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters think mail-in voting worked well for the most part. Thirty-nine percent (39%) disagree and say it led to unprecedented voter fraud in this election. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Forty-seven percent (47%) say it’s likely that Democrats stole voters or destroyed pro-Trump ballots in several states to ensure that Joe Biden would win.

[…]

Sixty-two percent (62%) of Republicans say it’s Very Likely the Democrats stole the election, a view shared by 17% of Democrats and 28% of voters not affiliated with either major party.

That’s a sizeable number of Democrats right there.

electionfraud.jpg

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Stop insulting people of different political persuasion
Reactions: UltraSUPRA

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a Lot of People Who Think the 2020 Election was Stolen in Some Way

This story is from a poll taken late last year, so most likely, the number of democrats/independent who think Biden stole the election has gone up. That means the only *people* left who think Biden is legitimate are tools on twitter and the brainlets here on GBAtemp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most voters say this year’s unprecedented level of mail-in voting was largely successful and continue to think President Trump should concede the presidential race. Republicans, however, strongly believe Democrats are likely to have stolen the election.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters think mail-in voting worked well for the most part. Thirty-nine percent (39%) disagree and say it led to unprecedented voter fraud in this election. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Forty-seven percent (47%) say it’s likely that Democrats stole voters or destroyed pro-Trump ballots in several states to ensure that Joe Biden would win.

[…]

Sixty-two percent (62%) of Republicans say it’s Very Likely the Democrats stole the election, a view shared by 17% of Democrats and 28% of voters not affiliated with either major party.

That’s a sizeable number of Democrats right there.

View attachment 240185
Poll: 83% of Republicans believe Trump is honest
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2431

President Trump has made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e-more-than-20000-false-or-misleading-claims/
Gullible

gul·li·ble
adjective
adjective: gullible

easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.
"an attempt to persuade a gullible public to spend their money"

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Removed offensive content from quote
D

Deleted User

2016: NOT MY PRESIDENT *screech*
2017: NOT MY PRESIDENT *screech*
2018: NOT MY PRESIDENT *screech*
2019: NOT MY PRESIDENT *screech*
2020: YOU LOST GET OVER IT LUL
uh... Is this some projection? I'm assuming your trying to smear liberals. Most people on the (American left) accepted Trump as president, after less than two weeks. Did they not like him? Well given his shitty polices, I think it's fair to not like him.
However you guys been sore looser for a month+
Constantly non stop trying to claim widespread election fraud
Go get some dignity you need it.

Last edited by ,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i written on fb were my fears of the GOP totally ignoring the results.......I've decided somethng and this time i mean it.....if by off chance democratic process is destroyed on Jan 6th I decided to move to a different country for then it opens a can of worms i don't want to be appart my biggest fear is trump supporters ill literally murder democrats and trump will seize 100% control over the government by sheer force that is what i fear the most

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i written on fb were my fears of the GOP totally ignoring the results.......I've decided somethng and this time i mean it.....if by off chance democratic process is destroyed on Jan 6th I decided to move to a different country for then it opens a can of worms i don't want to be appart my biggest fear is trump supporters ill literally murder democrats and trump will seize 100% control over the government by sheer force that is what i fear the most

Take a deep breath. While the unfathomable amount of bullshit that comes from Trump and his cult is definitely scary, the window of opportunity to pull off a hostile takeover of the country closed weeks ago, if it ever even existed to begin with. To "seize 100% control over the government by sheer force," as you put it, you need a bit more than a group of crackpot lawyers and internet tough guys. And that's basically all they have at this point. They don't have a plan, they don't have coordination, they don't have numbers or resources or even the most basic foundations of legitimacy outside of their own deranged echo chambers.

I'm not going to tell you that Trump and his cult haven't given cause for worry for both our democracy and our overall safety. And I fear that they're going to continue to create problems going forward. But we're not as close to a violent fascist rebellion as you seem to fear.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this even possible? Is this article true?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pence-may-choose-2020-election-171645267.html
If it is true, that something I learned new today. I didn't think anybody could do that.

If you don't mind me asking and as a curiosity, what country that will accept disabled people, AFAIK they are not too keen on taking them in, unless their income is high which is very unlikely.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To "seize 100% control over the government by sheer force," as you put it, you need a bit more than a group of crackpot lawyers and internet tough guys. And that's basically all they have at this point.

I get that you are trying to make the guy feel better, but you clearly underestimate the size of the crowds Trump brings in. You are also acting like you know how to "properly seize control" of a government. It's okay to not know and still be calm.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that you are trying to make the guy feel better, but you clearly underestimate the size of the crowds Trump brings in. You are also acting like you know how to "properly seize control" of a government. It's okay to not know and still be calm.
If Trump's 2017 inauguration is any indication, or his Tulsa rally this summer, Trump isn't particularly good at bringing in crowds.

Reactions: kingaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo