• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 434,929
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gullible

gul·li·ble
adjective
adjective: gullible

easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.
"an attempt to persuade a gullible public to spend their money"

Obama: "Change we can believe in", "You can keep your plan and your doctor", "No problem. We can sell weapons to the Mexican cartels and nobody will be the wiser", "Let's keep an eye on this Trump fellow"
Biden: "I am the president elect."

Yeah, ditto.

Reactions: UltraSUPRA

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obama: "Change we can believe in", "You can keep your plan and your doctor", "No problem. We can sell weapons to the Mexican cartels and nobody will be the wiser", "Let's keep an eye on this Trump fellow"

Yeah, ditto.
  1. When Obamacare was passed, you could keep your insurance plan if you liked it. If a person got their insurance through an employer, it's very likely they didn't see much of a change other than added benefits. If a plan didn't meet certain base standards, then it may have been required to change to meet those standards after a few years. Nobody was forced off their plans or had to change their doctors specifically because of Obamacare.
  2. Project Gunrunner was a George W. Bush era policy. It was not authorized by Obama.
  3. The Obama administration did not spy on Trump nor the Trump campaign.
  4. Biden is indeed the president-elect.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I do not understand or fathom how anyone in the USA is legitimately fine with a literal attempted coup on our Democracy and hijacking popular sovereignty (the people rule and vote)

Just because your guy wants to bypass our electoral process that our forefathers literally died for (and you're okay with it because you're upset that the majority didn't like your guy) doesn't mean that he's not going to turn on you if he was successful. That is literally how any demigod / populist works. The people voted. IT'S OVER.

I'm shocked that nobody in Congress has been ejected from these borderline acts of treason. This is why they keep doing it because there is no repercussions to suffer and only emboldened base to gain. There needs to be consequences for this or the attacks on our country from the inside are going to increase in frequency and aggression especially now that it's becoming normalized.

EDIT: Ah shit. I said I wouldn't participate in this fuckshow of arguing with brickwall propaganda talking points anymore yet here I am.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: IncredulousP

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The lawsuit was about altering the electoral college vote and giving the presidency to Trump. Trump wanted this, and Trump's allies wanted this. They lost.

Okay, but where is the consistency when you subtract Pence being Trump's Ally, and therefore also representative of what Trump supposedly wants, from the situation? It's like you are watching Trump vs Trump and you are cheering that Trump lost against Trump. I have no idea what this is supposed to achieve or fortify.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, but where is the consistency when you subtract Pence being Trump's Ally, and therefore also representative of what Trump supposedly wants, from the situation? It's like you are watching Trump vs Trump and you are cheering that Trump lost against Trump. I have no idea what this is supposed to achieve or fortify.
Trump wanted this, and Trump's allies who brought the lawsuit wanted this. They lost. Whether or not Pence, a supposed Trump ally, also wanted this is irrelevant.

Side note: Trump is allegedly quite unhappy with Pence for planning to properly count the electoral college votes, so "Trump ally" might be a stretch when contemporaneously describing Pence. Pence might consider himself a Trump ally, but Trump himself might not consider Pence an ally.

Last edited by Lacius,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Trump wanted this, and Trump's allies who brought the lawsuit wanted this. They lost. Whether or not Pence, a supposed Trump ally, also wanted this is irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant. It's the core of my point. It seems that you are so interested in the narrative that Trump lost, that it doesn't matter if Trump's interest appears on both sides of the argument.

Furthermore, you could sue your own mother for more electoral votes for Trump, be denied, just to add another tick to the scorecard--because that's "what Trump wants".

It was a shit-show when it began, and somehow it has gotten worse.

Side note: Trump is allegedly quite unhappy with Pence for planning to properly count the electoral college votes, so "Trump ally" might be a stretch when contemporaneously describing Pence. Pence might consider himself a Trump ally, but Trump himself might not consider Pence an ally.

Further reinforcement of the term "ally" being used arbitrarily.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. When Obamacare was passed, you could keep your insurance plan if you liked it. If a person got their insurance through an employer, it's very likely they didn't see much of a change other than added benefits. If a plan didn't meet certain base standards, then it may have been required to change to meet those standards after a few years. Nobody was forced off their plans or had to change their doctors specifically because of Obamacare.
  2. Project Gunrunner was a George W. Bush era policy. It was not authorized by Obama.
  3. The Obama administration did not spy on Trump nor the Trump campaign.
  4. Biden is indeed the president-elect.
Well, now that is a load of BS. I lost a good insurance plan because of it and the selections of health plans disappeared after ACA passed, so I was then stuck with the "only" insurance plan available and it sucked. Now, however there are options and the coverage is much better.
Suppose ACA may have a play in this, if it did, doesn't change that people may have lost the plan that they liked, because of it.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now that is a load of BS. I lost a good insurance plan because of it and the selections of health plans disappeared after ACA passed, so I was then stuck with the "only" insurance plan available and it sucked. Now, however there are options and the coverage is much better.
Suppose ACA may have a play in this, if it did, doesn't change that people may have lost the plan that they liked, because of it.

Wait. So ACA caused you to lose a good insurance plan, then caused you to to find one much better? You call BS, but then go on to say "Suppose ACA may have a play in this, if it did, doesn't change that people may have lost...."? You sound extremely uncertain if the ACA even did in fact effect you negatively or not, or anyone else for that matter. I have yet to see anyone provide me with an ounce of factual evidence that they were negatively effected by the ACA. Your employer at the time might have been a better place to point the finger at.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Isn´t it funny that 99% of people who wanted Biden to win don´t see voter fraud and the other way round?
People as predictable as sheep.

I am glad Trump lost but I have to admit there were shady things going on. The early Trump lead was predictable (as his voters tend to vote less by mail) but this special election also enabled fraud attempts left and right.

Of course the courts are not going to overturn an election. They seek unity and peace and are not apolitical.

Reactions: tabzer

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marc's referring to "their lawsuits," as in the lawsuits Trump and his allies have filed to subvert the election. By that standard they're 1-60 with a grand total of 0 election fraud victories.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, ditto.
False equivalence. Nobody lies more than Trump. 83% of polled Republicans said they believe he's honest.

Since you like polls:

Nearly half of Republicans (44%) believe that Bill Gates is plotting to use a mass COVID-19 vaccination campaign as a pretext to implant microchips in billions of people and monitor their movements
https://news.yahoo.com/new-yahoo-ne...ght-may-hamper-vaccine-efforts-152843610.html

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Isn´t it funny that 99% of people who wanted Biden to win don´t see voter fraud and the other way round?
Oh no, there was definitely election fraud, and right out in the open. Trump told his supporters to vote twice, and a number of them took that advice to heart. That's why he's so pissed that he lost: he did cheat, and still got massively outvoted anyway.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. So ACA caused you to lose a good insurance plan, then caused you to to find one much better? You call BS, but then go on to say "Suppose ACA may have a play in this, if it did".
You have completely missed the point. Lacius was saying that nobody lost their insurance, when that is false. Got it now?
No never did find one better, that plan is long gone now.
There was lots of options before ACA, after ACA passed those option was gone, except for that one plan that sucks. It took until 2017 or 2018 for more options to start showing up and the coverage is better then what was that only insurance plan that was offered. After ACA and before 2017 or 2018 was the dark ages for insurance plan. I do not know if Trump made some changes to the ACA or added to it or not.
I don't know anyone else actually lost their insurance plan or not, because I did not ask, tis why I used "may". I do know what happened to me, and yes ACA did effect me in a negative way, due to being forced to take a crappy plan for several years and never to see the same level of coverage that I once had.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh no, there was definitely election fraud, and right out in the open. Trump told his supporters to vote twice, and a number of them took that advice to heart. That's why he's so pissed that he lost: he did cheat, and still got massively outvoted anyway.
Lol yeah. They voted twice. Once in the mail, and once at the booth. For some reason their mail in ballots all came in as Biden.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol yeah. They voted twice. Once in the mail, and once at the booth. For some reason their mail in ballots all came in as Biden.
Nah they were all predictably caught, so neither of their votes for Trump counted.

Maybe next time if Republicans are planning to accuse somebody else of fraud, their candidate should avoid endorsing fraud on live TV ahead of the election. S'all I'm sayin'.

Last edited by Xzi,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have completely missed the point. Lacius was saying that nobody lost their insurance, when that is false. Got it now?
No never did find one better, that plan is long gone now.
There was lots of options before ACA, after ACA passed those option was gone, except for that one plan that sucks. It took until 2017 or 2018 for more options to start showing up and the coverage is better then what was that only insurance plan that was offered. After ACA and before 2017 or 2018 was the dark ages for insurance plan. I do not know if Trump made some changes to the ACA or added to it or not.
I don't know anyone else actually lost their insurance plan or not, because I did not ask, tis why I used "may". I do know what happened to me, and yes ACA did effect me in a negative way, due to being forced to take a crappy plan for several years and never to see the same level of coverage that I once had.

No, I didn't miss anything whatsoever. Kinda wasted your time. You said very clearly in reference to your own situation, "Suppose ACA may have a play in this, if it did". Regardless, how about some proof if you really feel ACA was to blame?

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I didn't miss anything whatsoever. Kinda wasted your time. You said very clearly in reference to your own situation, "Suppose ACA may have a play in this, if it did". Regardless, how about some proof if you really feel ACA was to blame?
I'm not sure how to acquire proof, that letter is years old and probably threw it away. Besides I am not insured by any employer. Since it is self bought.
Look I know ACA is not all bad and some good did came with it, like insurance must cover people with pre existing conditions, which is a great and even requires insurance to have certain coverage in them. I can only hope coverage will improve over time and meet or even exceed the level of coverage I once had. Things are looking better since a long time.

Last edited by RandomUser,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...