• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Kevin Pereira leaving Attack of the Show

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm consumed with sadness :(, guess G4 will have 1 less viewer on the 31st. (Sorry for my crappy quoting skills, I rarely ever post stories). Also, its been confirmed on air, through his twitter, and various other sites incase anyone thinks its bs

Some of you may have already heard the news. I am leaving Attack of the Show. I have been with G4 for the past ten years, and have clawed my way up the corporate ladder from production assistant to executive-producer and host. It has been a wild, unpredictable, incredible journey filled with occasional struggles and countless once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. I’m not ready to summarize my time at the network just yet, that would only amplify the scattered emotions currently bouncing around in my gut and make everything seem too real. In due time (May 31st to be precise), I’ll face that reality.
What I’d like to do is quickly say two things. The first regards what I’ll be focusing my attention on in the immediate future. Recently, I partnered with some incredibly talented folks and formed a production company: Super Creative.

We’ve got a few television shows in the works (one airing on SyFy soon), as well as digital content, interactive apps, live-events and more. Speaking of live events, those who attended my Los Angeles nerd-carnival leetUP know that it was my dream to tour the spectacle around the country. That is happening, and soon. As in, this year, soon! Tour dates will be announced soon, and you can check out the event sizzle for a peek at the insanity.

Secondly, I want to address those who are saying “Attack of the Show is dead.” While I am admittedly (and rather embarrassingly) flattered by the notion of my departure “killing” Attack of the Show, I have to disagree for a myriad reasons. For starters, it’s been said a thousand times. It’s easy to say. People claimed Attack was dead on arrival five minutes into the first episode! They said it was dead when Kevin Rose left. When Sarah Lane moved on. When Olivia joined. When Olivia left. Once Alison signed-off. And now, people are saying it because I have announced I’m parting ways.

Change is often met with fear and uncertainty, sometimes with sadness or anger; and occasionally that negativity manifests itself into horrific visions of a falling sky. Yet each time Attack has been “over”, it has re-invented itself and ultimately persevered. While I’d love to take full credit for that, I can’t in good conscious. Attack lives on because the show is greater than one “host”. Attack is combination of interesting topics and pure irreverence wrapped in a warm-tortilla of authentic love for “digital pop culture”; served up not by a single host, but by an entire team of wonderful creatives. In fact, the label “team” does them a disservice, for they are a family. From our interns, producers and writers to our entire studio crew, everybody at Attack bleeds passionately to inform and entertain on a daily basis. That will not change. They are single most talented family I’ve had the privilege to live amongst. If they are given the proper resources and opportunity, I have no doubt they will continue to create amazing things, and further cement the fear that this moment is my “Dunkleman”. No offense, Brian.

This is all very fresh, and I’m rushing to get these thoughts out before hopping down to the studio to host a live Attack of the Show. There are still several shows left, and while I’m excited for what awaits on the other side, I’m going to breathe deep and enjoy the rest of the ride. I hope you all do the same. Hell, I’m even springing for the souvenir photo at the end of this one.

Thanks again for the incredibly kind and supportive words.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOOOOOOOOO

Candace can't keep that show together, she doesn't know shit about anything on there. Haha.

I hope Kevin's replacement is someone completely new to the show. If it's Matt Mira (or however it's spelled) I'm fucking leaving.

AOTS was the last good thing going for G4.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOOOOOOOOO

Candace can't keep that show together, she doesn't know shit about anything on there. Haha.

I hope Kevin's replacement is someone completely new to the show. If it's Matt Mira (or however it's spelled) I'm fucking leaving.

AOTS was the last good thing going for G4.

Agreed, only reason i ever watched the channel anymore was AOTS and the convention specials (Mostly E3's, since they had the best coverage outside of sitting infront of a computer 24/7).

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meh
This channel is dead to me anyway
I was fine with Kevin but I'm not that torn up since I never really liked attack of the show

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you abandon a ship that's been sunk for years?
Scuba gear.

gFvre.gif

Well played, good sir.

Reactions: 2 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder what's happening. Is there some creative differences or something going on? I actually liked AotS!. I hated all the co-hosts, but I was a fan of Kevin on there as he made me laugh just like Sessler. I hope those two continue being great influences in this media business that they're in and continue being one of the best journalists of this generation.

Though, Kevin wasn't much of a journalist, I just couldn't think of another word.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill