Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn will supposedly be for New 3DS systems only

3rUPLyE.png

The amount of New Nintendo 3DS exclusive titles are few and far between; Minecraft, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, and a handful of others are officially locked to the revised version of the handheld console. However, thanks to the official listing of the game, we might see yet another join the ranks of "New 3DS exclusives". Nintendo's official site has listed Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn, the 3DS port of the 2010 Wii game, as only being playable on "New Nintendo 3DS systems only," causing a slight bit of confusion among fans, as this detail was not mentioned anywhere in the Nintendo Direct where the game was revealed. What we do know for certain about the game is that it'll be launching next year in 2019, and will add new features to the original game such as a "Devilish Mode", and new minigame modes.

:arrow: Source

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't really see the fuss. Get it on the freaking wii if you're hellbent to playing it but can't afford a new 3DS, crybabies. You'll only be eight years late to the party, and it'll be a game that's just like you want them to be: cheap and easy.

Cheap because both wiis and the game was mass marketed, so there are second hand copies floating around everywhere.

Easy because the game is exactly that: EASY. Dumbfoundedly easy. As in: it's so easy you can literally not lose the game. Ever. At worst, you'll lose a bunch of stupid buttons and shiny stuff that's used to decorate stuff that's both boring and irrelevant to the plot to begin with.
(I can argue that it's about the best game to introduce children into your video gaming hobby, but honestly: how many children are still on this planet that haven't played a video game?)

Or better yet: don't get this game at all. There's something to be said for easy games, but a limit is crossed if the hardest challenge the game has to offer is to get it out of its case and insert it in the console.

Kirby "extra" epic yarn?

Wow, Nintendo is king when it comes to coming up with original names ;')
I was thinking exactly that. How hard is it to make the name a bit less retarded?

Kirby epic yarn deluxe
Kirby epic++ yarn
Kirby EEEEEPPPPIIICCCC YAAAAAARRRRRNNNNN!!!!
Prince Fluff's epic yarn (featuring Kirby)
Kirby return of the epic yarn
Kirby's yarn: more epic than ever
Kiryby: even better yarn
kirby: epic yarn GOTY edition
Kirby: epic yarn with sugar on top
kirby: epic yarn+DLC

I could go on, but really: you can't outperfect "EEEEEPPPPIIICCCC YAAAAAARRRRRNNNNN!!!!"*

*well...okay: unless of course...
...when it's pronounced with a piratey "epic YAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRnnn"-growl, of course.
pirate-smiley.png

Last edited by Taleweaver,
Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was thinking exactly that. How hard is it to make the name a bit less retarded?

Kirby epic yarn deluxe
Kirby epic++ yarn
Kirby EEEEEPPPPIIICCCC YAAAAAARRRRRNNNNN!!!!
Prince Fluff's epic yarn (featuring Kirby)
Kirby return of the epic yarn
Kirby's yarn: more epic than ever
Kiryby: even better yarn
kirby: epic yarn GOTY edition
Kirby: epic yarn with sugar on top
kirby: epic yarn+DLC

I could go on, but really: you can't outperfect "EEEEEPPPPIIICCCC YAAAAAARRRRRNNNNN!!!!"*

*well...okay: unless of course...
...when it's pronounced with a piratey "epic YAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRnnn"-growl, of course.
pirate-smiley.png

I would've called it Kirby's Epic Yarn HD.
Kirby's extra Epic Yarn just sounds like a sequel to the last one.

I do like the Kirby's Epic Yarn Deluxe, pushes it in the same category as Mario Kart 8 ;')

Then again, it's Nintendo.
Originality is something I don't expect of them anymore...

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine. People should have bought either a N3ds by now (specially since the 3d effect is so much better on it vs the O3ds ) or a n2ds.
I have epic yarn on wii but I want the extras so I'm definitely buying this.

D

Deleted User

As long as it isn't a pokemon game or a persona game,it's fine.The game originaly came out on the wii anyway.If I really wanted to play this port,I would just stream citra to my phone with steam link,or emulate the original port of the game.

Last edited by ,

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think they made a mistake when listing this, it makes no sense that a game like this would only run on a New 3DS. We have WarioWare Gold that runs on all systems, and the cover for the game isn't the one that says "Only plays on New 3DS."

If it's indeed a mistake, they screwed up quite a bit because the press has picked up on it.

Excited for this game by the way, it surprised me. I hope they make some new 3DS games too, I love this long-term support for this system.

I think Nintendo might have just gave up on the 3D features in games, they probably concluded not many people use it. I often forget that it's even a feature.

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHHH, luckily bought a new 2DS xl. There is nothing wrong with it being just for new systems because the better the graphics, the better the gameplay. So pretty excited

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They should of done a clay based game instead of yarn again. I would love a claymation type game. Like where you mixed clay colors to create stuff or something. Seriously why hasn't anyone done this besides the game Neverhood and Clayfighter.

Wasn't there a claymation Kirby game on Wii U?

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That was the only game I remember from the Nintendo direct, I already played that game on the Wii, what a shame, anyway is not worthy to buy a system just for a rehash, I hope this is not the case for Luigi's mansion but if it is, meh, I almost never turn on the system anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo