Translation Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) Translation Project

Aegehn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone. Sorry if I don't reply when people post on the topic, I just don't get any mails and I don't come to the board regularly. Only mails I get is when someone contact me via pm.

As for an update, here it is. There's been no real progress lately, and I didn't invest any time in it. But Overproc put up a discord, they seems very keen on working on this. KHH said he is still on board but he wants to finish translating ishin cutscenes before doing anything else, and I think it's a good thing (I'm waiting on those cutscenes to play the game myself).
Because I can't be involved as much as I have been at the beginning of the project, I'll give files and tools to the team so they can progress without me overseeing every step. I know I said I'll release what's already done a few months after Y6 release, but I'm always hoping things will pick up again, especially with all that's going on with the license. I hope you understand me.

EDIT : I realized this topic has been opened nearly 4 years ago. Really sorry things take this long.

Last edited by Aegehn,

Jaypz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello everyone. Sorry if I don't reply when people post on the topic, I just don't get any mails and I don't come to the board regularly. Only mails I get is when someone contact me via pm.

As for an update, here it is. There's been no real progress lately, and I didn't invest any time in it. But Overproc put up a discord, they seems very keen on working on this. KHH said he is still on board but he wants to finish translating ishin cutscenes before doing anything else, and I think it's a good thing (I'm waiting on those cutscenes to play the game myself).
Because I can't be involved as much as I have been at the beginning of the project, I'll give files and tools to the team so they can progress without me overseeing every step. I know I said I'll release what's already done a few months after Y6 release, but I'm always hoping things will pick up again, especially with all that's going on with the license. I hope you understand me.

EDIT : I realized this topic has been opened nearly 4 years ago. Really sorry things take this long.
I'm glad you're still up for this. I can wait anytime for you and your team to finally finish what you've started.
I'm playing the game already and I'm on chapter 3.
I would play the game again when the time comes you release anything about this project because it's been 4 years and people still are waiting for it.
I got people waiting on this discord channel too https://discord.gg/ySGpQU

SubLoverD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I am overjoyed the project is still going it's nice to get an update even though it sounds as though nothings really been done since september of last year
Tbh a lot of you previous posts @Aegehn have said that the main story is complete and its only subquests and such that needs translating now and im not shocked its taking this long what with all the extra things to do it wouldn't surprise me if there was more translating needed for the sub stuff over main tbh
Ok so taking everything on boards there i assume Overproc and KHH both have accounts on here as well so they will continue to update overtime or do we all need to join the discord now and await updates on there?

Strule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Aegehn, your font in video looks kinda poor, especially comparing to original one.
I attached original font palette along with *.ACT one.

OY1Z9nk.png
Dude, how did u get a crisp pic like this? the best I can get on TM is
7M1uVMB.png

krasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
tnx everyone for workin on this patch but its fourth year and i hope to play this patch this year.my psp gettin old and yet my wish for playin this game not fulfilled.
:(

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do hope ya'll are still working on this. We just got an announcement of a new game set in the Yakuza universe, so let me be the first annoying person to beg for this with a resurgence of interest to the series. :P

SubLoverD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do hope ya'll are still working on this. We just got an announcement of a new game set in the Yakuza universe, so let me be the first annoying person to beg for this with a resurgence of interest to the series. :P

new game set in the Yakuza universe whats that? are you talking perhaps about the new fist of the north star?

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new game set in the Yakuza universe whats that? are you talking perhaps about the new fist of the north star?

No, Project Eyes/Project Judge, a game announced in the last 24 hours, is set in Kamurocho and you play as a cop.

They've already confirmed a localization.

Reactions: jimkage

SubLoverD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*snip*

The game itself can be purchased but won't be translated as the translation is (hopefully) still in production currently even though there's been no update from @Aegehn since july saying that someone called Overproc and KHH are overseeing the translating files and tools given to them apparently there's a discord about the updates

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the disc... just got it recently in the mail from Japan. It's pretty good! But it would be pretty better if it were in English. Kind of a shame that the translation stalled out. Also, Yakuza Black Panther seems to run better on some custom firmwares than others. The firmware that cuts out the PSP transition from XMB to game (you know, the white screen with "ba-ding-ding-ding!" in it) crashes so much it's impossible to play.

SubLoverD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was referring to LifeisMash and SubLoverD, who asked for and posted links to warez.

actually i did not ask for any links so i don't understand why my post was even taken down..........though that being said i cant fully remember what the post was about but i'm positive it didn't brake any rules

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far