DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Welcome back Tempers! and MichiS97!, to...
6t24he.png

In this quirky little activity you tempers can get to know eachother a little better.

Know Your Temps rules and information:
  • General forum rules apply, do not break those!
  • Members can ask as many questions as they want, please keep it to one post, do not turn the thread into a personal chatbox!
  • Do not ask uncomfortable questions
  • Do not make use of question templates, these will be treated as spam!
    Make up some original questions and if someone has already asked a question you wanted to ask, you could ask them why they like it or ask them to share their opinion on it.
  • If you signed up for KYT, you'll be required to actively participate in asking questions to others.
    Last KYT, there where a lot of people who did not bother asking questions to others whilst they where on the session list, which resulted in emptyish threads and circlejerking with others.
    Your session will be scrapped from the list if you don't actively participate in asking things to your fellow attendee's.
    Not only will this prevent empty sessions, this will also generate more interest in your own KYT.
  • Please keep circlejerking to the EoF.
    This means memes and things like lenny faces and what not should not be in your question list!
  • Tempers that change their names and fail to notify me will be booted off the list, no exceptions.
  • Tempers that get suspended will be booted off the list, no exceptions.
  • If you're unavailable around the time your session is due, please send me a PM in advance and I'll put your session on hold.
  • If you want your session to be moved backwards, please PM me in advance and I'll move it backwards or put it on hold.
  • If you don't log in for 2 weeks consecutively, I will remove you from the KYT list, no exceptions.
    Last KYT, there where some people who didn't log in for a couple of weeks and did show up right before or right after their session.
  • Sessions will run for ~72 hours, In this time you'll get a 12 hourly status update from me saying your session is up to create more interest.
  • I will send the user with an upcoming session a notification, 72 hours in advance that their KYT is about to start as a reminder

This fun and engaging activity helps us get to know you better, in an exciting, chaotic way! Remember to be kind and have fun!

In This Session: @MichiS97 will be on stand for questioning!

For updates on KYT, refer to this thread

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone came up to you and told you, "I'm going to put your consciousness into a game, which would you choose?
Would you rather live within a space settlement/colony (near Mars) or underwater city with Pyrex domes (Earth)?
Have a meal made by a culinary expert from Gambia (the) or Bavaria?
Do you feel like you get special treatment being a patron of this site?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If someone came up to you and told you, "I'm going to put your consciousness into a game, which would you choose?
Would you rather live within a space settlement/colony (near Mars) or underwater city with Pyrex domes (Earth)?
Have a meal made by a culinary expert from Gambia (the) or Bavaria?
Do you feel like you get special treatment being a patron of this site?
1. I gotta say, Legend of Zelda, probably Wind Waker because I love water.

2. I'd prefer Mars since it's only a matter of time til humans will fuck the whole planet up soon

3. I eat bavarian/german food all the time, so I'd go for Gambia.

4. Not at all :)

Ps: thanks to you, I've just noticed that the location on my profile was all messed up, so thanks for that :D

Last edited by MichiS97,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tell us a bit about your experience modding the Wii.
What year was it, what tools did you use, modchip or softmod, preference of hacking method etc.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tell us a bit about your experience modding the Wii.
What year was it, what tools did you use, modchip or softmod, preference of hacking method etc.
Well basically, I got my Wii for Christmas when I was 12. A few weeks beforehand, a friend of mine had told me about a way to play backups, which was homebrew and usb loaders. So I did some research and literary the day after Christmas, I hacked my Wii first thing in the morning. Now all of this worked great until February, which was when I took my experimenting a little too far and for whatever reason decided to downgrade from 4.2 to 3.2 which of course resulted in a low level brick. Fortunately, that somehow fried the motherboard which meant Nintendo could not find any trace of homebrew, so they got me a new console for free.
That was the only time I ever broke something by modding it :D
The second problem was, though, that I used a pretty shitty German website to do the softmod. Well, the first time around it wasn't even too bad, everything worked great if you followed the guide correctly. However, when I got my Wii back from Nintendo and it was time to mod it again, they changed the guide and included a one-click tool to install everything. Apparently, something must've been wrong with the cIOS' though, because launching a game with any USB loader just resulted in you being kicked back into the system menu. Now, with the experience I have eight years later, I know that it was a cIOS-related issue, however, back then I had no idea what the problem was, and decided to give up on the idea of softmodding, so I had a WODE Jukebox installed. That was actually a pretty good decision because it was a great drive emulator and even made me able to play Gamecube games over USB. Keep in mind, that was long before the days of Nintendont. After a while, I did install homebrew again of course and even to this day I still use both WODE and USB Loaders in my Wii.

The one thing I can say about hacking methods is that I actually prefer it, if it's a little bit of work. Like the first time I installed A9LH on my own two 3DS you still had to downgrade to 2.1 and all, so the whole process basically took an entire afternoon. A couple of weeks later, I installed it on a friend's 3DS and it was kind of a one-click process. Gotta say, I preferred the old method for whatever reason :D

Reactions: DinohScene

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
What's your favorite console for its homebrew and why?
Ever done any hardmodding at all?
What was the first console you played/owned?
Do you have any siblings?
What do you for a living? Do you enjoy it?
Aside from gaming, what hobbies do you have?

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's your favorite console for its homebrew and why?
Ever done any hardmodding at all?
What was the first console you played/owned?
Do you have any siblings?
What do you for a living? Do you enjoy it?
Aside from gaming, what hobbies do you have?
My favourite console for homebrew is the Wii, mostly because it was the first console I've ever modded myself and because it was the last console that had a ton of homebrew games and not just backup loaders and emulators.

No, I haven't done any hardmodding because I'm really bad at this kind of stuff :D Or does installing Swap Magic in a PS2 count?

The first console I've over owned was a Nintendo Gamecube :) the first one I've ever played was my stepdad's Atari 2600 I think.

I'm an only child :P

I'm currently still studying but I'm already under contract with a very famous German automobile company, so I'm basically getting paid for studying and I'll get a job after I finish studying pretty easily if it doesn't turn out that I'm an idiot.

Aside from gaming, I'm a huge pro wrestling fan, if anyone mentions the topic in the slightest around me, better prepare your ass for an hours long lecture by yours truly. I'm also hugely into music, especially all things punk rock :) it's a huge passion of mine and I also play the guitar myself.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mind sharing some of your favorite songs? Have anything you've made yourself available for listening? :)
Basically anything by Deaf Havana, Neck Deep and My Chemical Romance, I love the albums Sempiternal and That's The Spirit by Bring Me The Horizon, with the latter basically being my favourite album ever. As for my favourite song overall, that's a very difficult question to answer, but currently it might be In Bloom by Neck Deep, simply because it brings very nice memories to mind :)

@BlueFox gui My favourite game is Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, favourite film is It Follows, favourite food is probably Chicken Tikka, my favourite TV show is Supernatural :) As I've said above, I'm currently very good and my life couldn't be much better, so that's pretty great :)

Reactions: BlueFox gui

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How come Majoras mask is your favorite game?
Hobbies?
What was your first wii mod?
You like Musical's?
Just like in music, I like games who deal with depressing and dark topics so the overall tone of Majora's Mask just captivates me and LoZ is just my favourite game series :)
I've spoken about my hobbies before but to keep it short: Games (or basically technology in general) , wrestling, music

I don't really understand what you mean with first Wii mod :P

No, I don't like most musicals as they're usually too cheesy for me :D

Reactions: DeoNaught

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have any pets?
What do you do for a living?
Play any musical instruments?
Sadly, I do not have any pets but I do love animals. I really love dogs but I think I'm more of a cat person ;)
I'm currently a student but I've basically already got a job, see one of the answers above for more details.

I play the guitar and I sing, both pretty badly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy