Country
Canada

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no no no, please GOD NO! I'm dead serious when I say that I really want you to stay. You are both funny and EXTREMELY HELPFUL. Please, stay.

I really feel bad right now. Please please please please please stay!
cry.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not just random posters who never contribute anyways, it's not a single incident, I've been thinking about this for almost a month, it's a combination of things, it's the site itself and it's anti-furry policy.

A lot of you normal users may not have seen enough to really get the situation, but I know some of you will. Sorry I wasn't as clear with this in the first post, I know a lot of you don't post nearly as much as I do (and won't have seen nearly as much shit as it happens).

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
KirbyBoy said:
I'd don't understand.

You're leaving because of what people saying something about furries?

I'd just say screw them and move along.

Really, I wouldn't let something like that take you down.

I think you missed

http://gbatemp.net/t299435-the-abnormality...ing-intolerable

and the release thread for whatever the hell that one game was.
I've seen and posted in both, I even argued over with someone over avas like his.

But, I respect your decision, though it's kinda sad to see you go. You're one of the people I like seeing here.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Oh. I just saw the thread.

I feel sickened at that. Absolutely terrible. How can people not tolerate others for something they do? Oh my god... Just...

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I really haven't seen the "anti-furry" policy here on the Temp. Hell, I have an avatar of a dinosaur and nothing has happened yet... But still, I really don't want you to go...

You're one of the main reasons I like GBATemp.
Same here.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
It's not just random posters who never contribute anyways, it's not a single incident, I've been thinking about this for almost a month, it's a combination of things, it's the site itself and it's anti-furry policy.

A lot of you normal users may not have seen enough to really get the situation, but I know some of you will. Sorry I wasn't as clear with this in the first post, I know a lot of you don't post nearly as much as I do (and won't have seen nearly as much shit as it happens).

I haven't personally found it to really be an anti-furry environment. I haven't noticed as much things pertaining to that though, well, primarily because as you stated, many of us are not on and do not post as often as you. I consider it, in a way, eccentric. People can't always appreciate that, and I won't lie, I can't personally appreciate it. Doesn't mean I'm going to tell furries to gtfo, and I personally have not found you to offend in anyway. At the end of the blog already linked to in here, Vulpes mentions it is not pro or anti furry, but rather, the site and staff attempt to hold a middle ground as to not scare anybody off. Regardless, you have obviously made up your mind, so it's all fairly irrelevant.

Now, as for the site itself, I could find a plethora of reasons to leave myself if it came down to that. I just ignore or troll people who annoy me though. Guess that probably makes me part of the problem.

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Jul 3 2011, 07:29 PM) I really haven't seen the "anti-furry" policy here on the Temp. Hell, I have an avatar of a dinosaur and nothing has happened yet... But still, I really don't want you to go...

Do you understand what a furry is, in general, by definition? An avatar of an animal or dinosaur, or anything like that is not any defining factor of being a furry. Hell, it's not even a factor.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't even fully understand what this furry stuff is all about tbh? Is it people who's into bestiality?
huh.gif
Sounds like a silly reason to leave if I'm being perfectly honest m8.

Oh well, good luck.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:

Yeah... I think I understand Bro. I know and have seen...

I'm sorry you have been hurt by us here and I really hope you'll be good with all your endeavors. I'll miss you, man, it won't be the same without you here. I hope you'll be around sometime. Don't be a stranger.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
thegame07 said:
I don't even fully understand what this furry stuff is all about tbh? Is it people who's into bestiality?
huh.gif

Oh well, good luck.

Google for the definition, or check out Urban Dictionary. You should at least get a fairly good idea of what a furry is. You have the wrong idea there.

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you truly do leave I want to say thanks for all the help you have given the temp. Your answers were always the easiest to understand and you can tell you sincerely liked to help others. You never down talked us noobs like so many others do. Hopefully you can use your knowledge to take you where you wanna go. THANKS!!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Do you understand what a furry is, in general, by definition? An avatar of an animal or dinosaur, or anything like that is not any defining factor of being a furry. Hell, it's not even a factor.
I was kind of assuming that it was just a bunch of flamers that insulted people for the smallest things (examples like having animals in their avatar). But then Rydian gave us a clearer definition. So, yeah. I do know what a furry is, too.

And I couldn't care less. I can easily tolerate furries.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:

People will dislike a person as much and as long as they want, Rydian. It's a fact of life that every one just has to deal with. The site's anti-furry policy, in my opinion, is probably for the best. Some immature people will take advantage if there were none, unfortunately.

Leaving just makes all of those people sigh in relief while you pay the price. Giving them the satisfaction and throwing in the towel just gives them one more reason to do it to another all over again, simply because they've defeated you.

I'm a bit disappointed, since I considered you one of the strongest members(When it comes to tolerance) and one of the top contributors of the site, but I suppose everyone has their limits. It's a shame the good members/contributors are leaving quicker than I expected, but it can't be helped. However, you shouldn't let a few people's opinions matter more than the many that support you.

You know where to reach me, Rydian.
Take care

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
thegame07 said:
huh.gif

Oh well, good luck.

Google for the definition, or check out Urban Dictionary. You should at least get a fairly good idea of what a furry is. You have the wrong idea there.

I always avoided doing that incase it was some sort of slang for bestiality and I didn't fancy seeing someone fu** a horse or something.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thegame07 said:
Nathan Drake said:
thegame07 said:
huh.gif

Oh well, good luck.

I always avoided doing that incase it was some sort of slang for bestiality and I didn't fancy seeing someone fu** a horse or something.

You...haven't been on the internet long, have you?

You can google things safely, easily.
Urban dictionary only gives text definitions. Thus, why the hell would you...oh nevermind.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
sinharvest24 said:
Why the fuck is all the fun temper's leaving?!?!?

Gbatemp is slowly crumbling.....
lawl no swaering

I don't really give a damn what people think of me. Also some of the nicest people on here are/were furries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro