Not open for further replies.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You...haven't been on the internet long, have you?

You can google things safely, easily.
Urban dictionary only gives text definitions. Thus, why the hell would you...oh nevermind.

I tend not to google things I think are sexual preferences , especially ones I wouldn't think I would touch with a barge pole. Plus I'm scared in case something scars me for life
ohmy.gif

No offense.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
thegame07 said:
QUOTE said:

Urban dictionary only gives text definitions. Thus, why the hell would you...oh nevermind.

I tend not to google things I think are sexual preferences , especially ones I wouldn't think I would touch with a barge pole. Plus I'm scared in case something scars me for life
ohmy.gif

No offense.

You sound very immature right now.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
thegame07 said:
QUOTE said:

ohmy.gif

No offense.

Despite the fact I agree with you... Can we NOT have this thread take a turn in this direction? I don't want people fighting anymore!
sad.gif

I wish people would be more understanding.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Rydian said:
It's not just random posters who never contribute anyways, it's not a single incident, I've been thinking about this for almost a month, it's a combination of things, it's the site itself and it's anti-furry policy.

A lot of you normal users may not have seen enough to really get the situation, but I know some of you will. Sorry I wasn't as clear with this in the first post, I know a lot of you don't post nearly as much as I do (and won't have seen nearly as much shit as it happens).

Its sad that you feel this way Rydian, I hope you change your mind. We all get frustrated by one thing or the other at some point, especially when you are staff, it can be tough at times.

What you have to understand is that our policy as it stands is not "anti furry" in the most negative sense of the word. We introduced a ban on furry related threads at a point in time when there was a lot of them being made, by an extremely small minority of members. This was breeding massive hostility and resentment towards those members, and things were getting out of hand. We pretty much had no option than to introduce this policy, to quell hostilities and to protect members from being attacked.

Now did we ban any furry members? Do we outlaw fursona avatars and sigs that are not explicit? No we did not. To call GBAtemps policy anti furry is unfair, if we were, you wouldn't be mag staff, you would be banned.

What you have to appreciate is that furrism is a niche fetish, and if we had a glut of threads involving any type of fetish, and it was getting out of hand, we would probably go down the exact same route. GBAtemp is predominantly a gaming and technology focused site. Although we encourage people to talk about their personal lives by having blogs and so on, the majority of people don't come here to hear about fetishes. So although personally I don't have anything against furries, and I like and respect you a great deal, I think our current policy is fair and I support it. I support it just as much as I would any similar policy relating to any type of fetish, whatever that fetish may be.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't really realized this, however i think this post pretty much sums it up
Vulpes Abnocto said:
With all due respect, and since we're voicing opinions here;

I'm of the opinion that Catboy is one of the most kind and honest people I've ever known.
And that Rydian is incredibly sane, intelligent, and helpful.
And that Xuphor is highly thoughtful.
And that Tigris is supremely understanding.

And no matter how these people identify themselves,
they're still human beings.
Each of them has a mind, and a heart.
And they're no less deserving of a voice here than anyone else.

Furthermore we have closed every single "furry thread" posted here for a number of months.
That's both the pro-furry, and the anti-furry ones.
We've done that to keep their horrible, aberrant behavior away from all of the so-called "normal" people.

So in keeping with that policy, I'm now closing this one.

I haven't really seen that many anti-furry threads (or pro), but i have noticed a general dislike to them, and i'll admit i don't really like them either, however we are all basically generalizing here

"furries" and not some kind of inferior species, they are real people with an interest, it's just the bad examples of people who fall into that group that get pushed forward and everyone generalizes everyone in that group based on that person, sort of like the westboro baptist church with Christianity

This whole anti-furry policy isn't really saying that we hate furries, it's that we do not want the 'discussion' of people generalizing all furries and just hating their existence

I say I don't like furries, but i'm basically just doing what everyone does, i'm taking the example of the most extreme possible (flaunting all up in your face) and using that to describe everyone that somewhat fits into that example, and it's terrible that humanity thinks of everything that way but they do, and you just have to prove people that you aren't that stereotypical furry/gay/otaku/immature kid.

And specifically to Rydian I'd just like to say that you've pretty much been a model here on GBAtemp, knowing a wide variety of topics and always being polite and funny, always insiteful, and always active. I hope you can just get past the whole furry hating and realize that it's just a stupid generalization, just like how the catboy has to deal with people hating on gays.

Edit: i'd just like to say his line
"We've done that to keep their horrible, aberrant behavior away from all of the so-called "normal" people."

seems really out of place in the whole post, i just noticed this and i can't help but question if he worded it wrong, he is a freakin' fox persona himself

Edit 2: i actually take that back, i can believe that they were pretty much being that bad example, and everyone just hated on them, so furry threads became banned, some furries, like i said, just take it too far

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, are you actually a furry? I thought that was just like some weird little thing you were going on with.
But in a way, it doesn't bug me at all. You were helpful and, while sarcastic, humerous.

If you're actually leaving or if this is a joke, then shit, joke's on me.

(somebody fill me in via pm or something and fill me in with what's happening? I don't want to be like coming on here in the future and saying some stuff, and not knowing all of the facts at all, and insult people. thanx)

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
thegame07 said:
QUOTE said:

ohmy.gif

No offense.

I've been around for nearly a decade more than you
smile.gif
I would just like to inform you that your statement is invalid. I also don't understand why you would think that from what I posted. I'm sorry for not taking a subject I find completely stupid 100% seriously. I guess I'll go back to my building blocks and lego while watching Captain Planet .

I'm sorry but I just find this whole thing a joke if this is all about animal cartoon characters. I'm totally surprised you said I'm the one being immature.(not aimed at rydian)

As I said before I find it such a silly thing to leave for you seem to have a lot of friends on here. You make some great posts with good info in them.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Oh, dear.

Well, I must say, I'm at quite a loss.

It seems as though this forum, in its current state, has lost a defining feature, an integral asset. Your contributions, in their staggering abundance, significance, and diversity, will not be forgotten to those who you've helped, Sir. However, I believe your reason for leaving to be a valid one, as far as I see. Intolerance is an unfortunate and at times unpardonable plague indeed, and it is a calamitous shame that it has transgressed one of the finest members this place has to offer. You'll be sorely missed by a great deal of the 'Temp, I can assure you.

Good luck, my dear Rydian!
wub.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Wait, are you actually a furry? I thought that was just like some weird little thing you were going on with.
But in a way, it doesn't bug me at all. You were helpful and, while sarcastic, humerous.

If you're actually leaving or if this is a joke, then shit, joke's on me.

(somebody fill me in via pm or something and fill me in with what's happening? I don't want to be like coming on here in the future and saying some stuff, and not knowing all of the facts at all, and insult people. thanx)
Sent you one.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why? Ok, yeah, you answered that, but...

Anyway, if such is your decision, then there's nothing any of us can do... Best of luck.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really guess it is goodbye. I'll honor you in my signature (kind of corny, oh well) but you will be dearly missed.

Good luck out there.
cry.gif

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally don't understand why anyone would care about a comment made be someone in a forum. I think people are way too sensitive these days. They treat the internet as if it were real life. Anyway Furies make the world a more interesting place.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Wait so Rayder is pissed, or he's pissed at someone who said shit? what? :/
Rayder was mad about how, apparently, these furry views were forced in his face all the time on the Temp.

I have no idea where that comes from.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Wait so Rayder is pissed, or he's pissed at someone who said shit? what? :/

Hells Malice said:
QUOTE(KirbyBoy @ Jul 4 2011, 04:20 AM) I'd don't understand.

You're leaving because of what people saying something about furries?

I'd just say screw them and move along.

Really, I wouldn't let something like that take you down.

I think you missed

http://gbatemp.net/t299435-the-abnormality...ing-intolerable

and the release thread for whatever the hell that one game was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game