Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
It's sad. Very sad.

You made me angry because you still don't understand the difference (and similarities) between R4 Gold, R4 Ultra, R4iDSN and Acekard 2.i. And the proper understanding of these differences is the most important thing on earth, you know..? lol.

Anyway: Good luck, little fox. Or big fox. Whatever.
blush.gif

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to point out one thing in this thread that is bothering me.

Here we all are, trying to convince one of our most favorite members to stay despite all the haters judging him for being a furry. We're all trying to make the point known that we don't care what he does or how he does it, we just want him to stay with us, constantly keeping his knowledge and humor flowing through the boards. This is good.

However, I have seen more posts in this thread than I care to count saying things along the lines of "I don't care if you're a furry, and you can go off and do your furry things and I can do my hetero stuff" or "as long as you don't try to push your ways on me we're cool" or "we can all have our own life and we would love you to stay as long as you keep your furryness/actions out of discussions"

Now, none of those were word for word. Within the past few pages there WAS a post I was going to quote, but rather than single one person out (just as an example though) I decided against it. But do you guys see the irony in your posts? Here you all are saying "dude you can stay, we want you and we won't judge you like those other guys did... as long as you don't do any of that furry stuff to us." There you go. It may not even be intentional but you guys ARE inadvertently judging him as someone who is trying to impose his views upon others. Seeing the state he is in and reading quite a few extensive topics he has partaken in, he has not nor would he try to impose his views upon others. You guys are trying to preach tolerance, but acting so fucking close-minded about it.

If you're gonna beg him back, then beg for him to come back. And leave it at that. Don't go on saying that you'd like him back as long as everyone can keep their ideals to themselves, because that's a shit condition.

Rydian, if you're gonna come back, be who you're gonna be, man. I'll put a small quote on Rayder at this part, how I am a hetero guy who likes normal women. But if you're furry and you're gonna be here, then by all means man, don't try to hide it. If anybody is offended by YOUR lifestyle, they can go fuck off because YOU are the better man.

Tempers, we have a lot of different people from all walks of life here. We have different races, different genders, different religions, sexual preferences, whatever. If you're not going to be tolerant of whatever somebody brings to the table, then FUCK YOU. It's the internet for Christ's sake, if someone is talking about some take on life that does not apply to you and you don't like it, close your fucking browser and get the fuck out. We don't need you here if you're not going to tolerate individuality.

And with this, I take my leave for the day. Farewell.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little harsh, and not my exact opinion, but:

http://imgur.com/mwnHG.png

Anyways, furries creep me out. They do. But that doesn't give me a reason to voice that opinion of them in a hateful way (I'm tolerant of that culture in some aspects). Especially on this type of forum. I don't think there should be any topics about fetishes, which makes my opinion a little more extreme that Pingpong's quite a few pages back (which, to me seemed like many ignored). This is a gaming site. Its size is the only reason this type of discussion even exists.

This isn't a place where I want to know you're a furry, what you do as one, why you're one, or why you're "proud" to be one. But, that's not to be seen in a negative light, because you have a right to let me know. I wouldn't want this place to turn into a "Don't ask, don't tell" type of environment here. In my opinion, that's a cruel way of going about it. Go ahead and let me know about it in your custom title, you avatar, your sig, whatever! I just don't want topics dedicated to a certain fetish on a gaming forum. I don't mind discussions about furries, general culture, civilized opinions on them, but I'd rather not read about the activities (sex related or not, it doesn't matter).

Most importantly, you shouldn't give a fuck what other people think anyway, as long as what you do isn't dangerous to others! I don't care what your fetishes are or what your interests are outside of gaming and technology. As long as it does not harm myself or others, you are indeed free to do and think as you wish. And of course, you don't need my post to know that.

In truth, there's no anti-furry policy here, there's only anti-furry users. The policy is fair, the users are not. In my opinion, Rydian, your reasons for leaving are unsubstantiated and at times untrue. I don't think you should leave, I think you should stay. I'm not going to take the route of saying "fuck those that don't agree with furries," but I will take the route of "fuck the assholes." Some genuinely intelligent people may have a problem with the culture, but they are tolerant. The ones who are assholes about it are the ones that need to go.

So, in closing, I think you should stay, Rydian. Don't let the assholes and douchebags get you down!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You really left?

You are a helpful user to all the community. You can see that a lot of people like you (furry or not, that has nothing to do with helping people).
If you leave you'll be missed by a lot of people.

Though, I would like to say that I don't understand the "need" to place the furry subject on the front line.
You feel like being/acting like a furry, fine. Use animal avatar/signature, fine too.
But what I don't understand is all this movement around this, like if it was a sect, a religion, a politics, something that people need to now that you are part of it and that everyone need to acknowledge.

Who care?
Just be who you are (not only you Rydian, but every users here) without promoting it.
We don't care if people feels like being furry, catholic, Buddhist, French, Italian, or whatever else, we are all here to share and learn around gaming and technologies.

I'm also wondering why there are these kind of topic with title like "I'm leaving".
Either you don't want to be a part of the community because you are tired of it and you just post less and less, and ends not coming here anymore without advertising it, or either you want to see the reaction of other users while announcing the leaving and it's meaning that you are still caring about the user's and community.

I guess I don't understand a lot of things here
unsure.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you should leave Rydian. Other than your avatar and a few images you've made I have not seen anything in your posts relating to you being a furry. Except when people use it as some put-down towards you. I don't care anyway, its your life. You're a great member of this community and its a shame to see you go.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I'm also wondering why there are these kind of topic with title like "I'm leaving".
Either you don't want to be a part of the community because you are tired of it and you just post less and less, and ends not coming here anymore without advertising it, or either you want to see the reaction of other users while announcing the leaving and it's meaning that you are still caring about the user's and community.

Wow, haha. It's kind of funny that the post right after mine questioned this. It's funny because I was wondering, too. I don't really see a reason for these kinds of topics, because all they ever get is "please, don't go," type of thing. So it's either an ego-boost or the user still caring for the community. And if the user cares for the community, they should stay in the community!

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna miss you man, take care.

Easily one of the most resourceful person on this forum and one of the best magazine staffers I've seen.

One of these days I'm going to wish you were back.
frown.gif

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Once again, Goodbye rydian! I cant say this enough for some reason. even though I barely knew you, you were one of my most respected persons on the temp.

:')

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hebon said:
How can we make you feel comfortable?

I don't think we can. Considering the absolute CLUSTERFUCK that is most people's perception of furries(either creepy freaks or bitchy attention whores complaining about being steriotyped), Rydian rightly sees it as an unwinnable situation, especially considering a certain release thread and the response thread created by a certain former staffer; it's no wonder the poor guy feels this is an unsafe place for him...

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hebon, it's hard to make someone feel comfortable if they truly aren't feeling it from their environment.

Rydian, if you so choose to go, there's nothing we can do to stop you. I know that you don't really even know me (maybe just know OF me) but if it's any comfort, and I can't speak for any other person in this thread, but I won't judge you for your views. Maybe it's just because of the people I am friends with, or maybe the way my parents raised me. But I am very tolerant when it comes to people's views (especially, as Uncle FEFL said, as long as it does not harm myself or others (or the person concerned)), and I have, in real life (not just the internet) friends from ALL walks of life. I have white friends, I have black friends, mexican friends, asian friends. I have friends who are Catholic, Christian, Jewish, and Atheist. I have friends who are straight, ones who are bi-sexual, and ones (quite a few actually) who are gay. And yes, I have a friend who is a furry, in real life. And he is actually a very good friend of mine and an extremely insightful person. I'm not going to lie, I do find the whole idea of furryism a bit odd, but I also find tapioca pudding, drag queens, and people who ask where he front of Target is, all a bit odd. But shit me if I lie, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

TL;DR - I've seen it all, friend. I have good friends from all walks of life, including furryism. To each their own, friend.

So if you're not feeling comfortable or happy being here anymore, then don't stay. I am sure you've got better things in life to worry about then a bunch of internets and webforums.

But, it all comes down to this. Assholes are gonna be assholes, and...

Haters_Gonna_Hate_by_XxDaimonxX.png

If you leave, I expect to see you walking away from a computer, just like that.

Regards,
~plasma

D

Deleted_171835

It does suck that you're leaving.

I dunno, hopefully you have a change of heart and decide to stay. Bon voyage!

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Wut?? but nooooooooo, I noticed this shit too a few months after I joined. It's just some guys being douchebags, sometimes people can misunderstand you and what you do, I've been banned from gamespot because of a misunderstanding (that saying I never went back)

I'll miss you Rydian

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I still don't understand this furry thing. For me it's just a passion, just like some people like to wear old Renaissance clothes or Lolitas but it seems that I'm wrong (?) What's all these comparisons with sexuality ???

Anyway, I don't know you personally, but you're have done a lot for the community, and for that, thank you. Keep in mind that you'll see a lot of people who won't accept your opinions, choices, passions or whatever in your life, and even more on the internet... So keep strong, stay as you are and if people aren't smart enough to accept that, then ignore them. I like to think that their stupidity will hurt them more than any punishment
smile.gif

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Would you all have preferred I not say anything and just vanish? :\

And I'm leaving the site because I no longer feel comfortable or happy here, it's that simple.
Well, to be fair (from what I've read), only myself and Cyan have that opinion about "leaving" topics. So, objectively, no. That's not what people want.
smile.gif

That's fair. I've posted much, much less (never really posted too much anyway) because this site is kind of deteriorating in the aspects I'm interested in. I hope you have a change of heart in the future, and if you do, I hope your friends here help you feel happy again.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
I've posted much, much less (never really posted too much anyway) because this site is kind of deteriorating in the aspects I'm interested in. I hope you have a change of heart in the future, and if you do, I hope your friends here help you feel happy again.

I agree this site is deteriorating, it's dominated by kids who can't or don't know how to accept views and opinions outside their own.

I made a comment about not using my DS in public and I got a bunch nasty PM.
When I first joined I posted a lot, but now I only comment or answer questions that help others.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plasma dragon007 said:
However, I have seen more posts in this thread than I care to count saying things along the lines of "I don't care if you're a furry, and you can go off and do your furry things and I can do my hetero stuff" or "as long as you don't try to push your ways on me we're cool" or "we can all have our own life and we would love you to stay as long as you keep your furryness/actions out of discussions"

I'm pretty sure that is considered "tolerance" on an internet forum. While i completely agree with being tolerant of the beliefs/practices of others, there is a time and place for discussions of a sexual/fetish (and it is a fetish) nature. If you're a furry and you show it in your avatar/sig, no problem. That's who you are. Discussions/pictures of an explicit nature have no place here though. Rydian was never guilty of any of that and it's incredibly sad that he's the one to go as a result of the words and actions of a handful of people/staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh