frown.gif

No, you ARE best!
cry.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah a real shame you contributed a lot here.

Best of luck to ya though. Hope you come back in the near future.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Well bye
frown.gif

A great loss to the site.

You've helped pretty much every active member in one way or another. Thank you!

Good luck with anything you do on other forums, sites etc
grog.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian my friend, I'm extremely saddened by this move.
You're letting an overly vocal minority coerce your actions.
I believe I mentioned that a modicum of unreasonable hatred comes with the territory here.
We (the staff) all experience it, though it's true that you probably caught more than your fair share of it.

For what it's worth, we have done our best to be inclusive to people from all walks of life, here.
The main reason why we had to enact the furry thread policy is to protect the open furries here from that same vocal minority you're now escaping. (for lack of a better term)
Is it a perfect system? Hardly.
No widely-reaching solution ever is.
But we're trying.
I can think of quite a few places around the web where we wouldn't even be having this conversation. You would have been shunned immediately, and just from the way I present myself, so would I.
We can't be as inclusive as we would like to be, because getting tens of thousands of people worldwide to agree on everything is an exercise in futility.

I know you want changes to be made.
But how are we going to make those changes without intelligent input?
This is something you need to stay here and work on with us.
I think you know I'll stand by you, and I'm far from being the only one.

So I want you to read through these ten pages of responses.
Is it actually worth leaving this many people who respect and admire you over a handful of opinions?
Is this actually so horrible a place to call your own?
You've earned your high standing here, and whether you realize it or not, you're helping to mold the network each and every day.

No matter what your final choice is,
you'll always be counted among my friends.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Rydian my friend, I'm extremely saddened by this move.
You're letting an overly vocal minority coerce your actions.
I believe I mentioned that a modicum of unreasonable hatred comes with the territory here.
We (the staff) all experience it, though it's true that you probably caught more than your fair share of it.

For what it's worth, we have done our best to be inclusive to people from all walks of life, here.
The main reason why we had to enact the furry thread policy is to protect the open furries here from that same vocal minority you're now escaping. (for lack of a better term)
Is it a perfect system? Hardly.
No widely-reaching solution ever is.
But we're trying.
I can think of quite a few places around the web where we wouldn't even be having this conversation. You would have been shunned immediately, and just from the way I present myself, so would I.
We can't be as inclusive as we would like to be, because getting tens of thousands of people worldwide to agree on everything is an exercise in futility.

I know you want changes to be made.
But how are we going to make those changes without intelligent input?
This is something you need to stay here and work on with us.
I think you know I'll stand by you, and I'm far from being the only one.

So I want you to read through these ten pages of responses.
Is it actually worth leaving this many people who respect and admire you over a handful of opinions?
Is this actually so horrible a place to call your own?
You've earned your high standing here, and whether you realize it or not, you're helping to mold the network each and every day.

No matter what your final choice is,
you'll always be counted among my friends.

ManlyTearsHaveBeenShed.jpg

I honestly could not have said it better myself. Vulpes, you sure have a way with words. Rydian you know you have my support as well.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rydian, you've helped countless people without once thinking twice about it.
You've even helped me out on a few times, from things as small as getting me pokemon to helping me get a nasty virus off my boyfriend's laptop.
You're great guy and it's no shock to me how quickly you got to Meg Staff. Hell it wouldn't even be a shock to me if you made it to Moderator next promotion.
You earn that kinda power and even earned more respect than anyone on this site. You've proven countless times that you are a great person.
I wish you get to see how many people will be effected by you leaving and I hope you reconsider returning to the Temp.
Honestly there is no other way to end this other than. I hold more respect for you and you were a great friend to have.

Also that would make three
smileipb2.png

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It should be much more sane to cool things down. Rydian's leaving, while he wasn't one of my fav members , his knowledge and special demeanor will be missed.

As for staff, let's try (we users) to make them their lives easier, just because after all they are humans and have a life, besides bits & text. It is pitiful to see one and another thread about staff members complaining about the community's demeanor because they put a lot of effort in their job, and no one is paying them, besides themselves.

I, as a temper, will keep liking this community, and be proud of their sources, infos, reviews, codes, furries, and all things involving a HUMAN BEHAVIOR.

I don't like at all furries clothes, characters & all, but if some members prefer to bash them because "they're just too territorial in my personal heterosexual gap" it is clearly because they have some troubles accepting different genders . I don't have any problems with users wearing furries avatars & all as long as they don't come near me and try to do things I as heterosexual do, but if they are just living and wanting to share their thoughts onto society like anyone, that should not be tabooed

Nothing else to say

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
sad.gif

There's not much that I can say and hasn't been said already.
So I'll stay low and assure you that you will be missed, man. You're of the small pack of users that I never read being a douche or replying without thinking.

One of the best members of the community for sure, it's a pity you are taking this decision.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah shit! When did all this happen?
blink.gif
All I can say is another friend gone
frown.gif

This is the first thing I've posted in days because everything else seemed irrelevant to me. But being his with this news is like woah!
ohmy.gif

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
I don't fursuit. I don't go to cons. I don't stalk people, I don't act like a creeper, I'm not an embarrassment in public... but I am a "furry", and I no longer feel welcome or even safe here. Barring a major change of staff or site policy I will not be back.

As for the guides...
  • Somebody questioned the chart on the PSP hacking/Modding F.A.Q., it was made via lucidchart.com with the default settings, and is simple enough that anybody should be able to recreate it or do whatever.
  • The Which Flash Cart thread has the chart documents (word 2007 format) linked so people can make changes.
And as far as I can see all the other guides are mostly text-based or use filetrip or something for hosting so people shouldn't have any issues updating those. If it's just minor edits I'd appreciate a little note at the bottom, but if it's major edits then of course that doesn't apply as you're putting forth a lot of work into updating it.
ok then

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoboticBuddy said:
Everyone, please copy my signature and put it in yours...

If this is spam, mods, please remove this post.
I'm pretty sure that people have other messages, as well. I have a signature for Rydian too.

Bye Rydian.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Being a fellow ape-furry/t****** enthusiast I can definitely feel your pain. There is a lot of hate and bigotry towards our kind 'round here, and its a blood shame. Everyone is just so ignorant and hateful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhN3stcB0is