Gaming Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gameplay Discussion (will contain spoilers)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone find a shrine in the very northwest corner of the map in the Hebra region? I've been trying to find where its hiding for a long time and I cant uncover it.

I'm also trying to uncover a shrine in the Warbler's Nest (thats west of the Rito village)
Warbler's Nest was annoying. Use a Deku Leaf to blow gusts through the holes in the strange-looking monoliths surrounding it. They'll make musical notes. The pedestal lights up blue when you strike the first correct note, and subsequent correct notes make it glow brighter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did anyone find a shrine in the very northwest corner of the map in the Hebra region?
Your Shrine pings from the sensor wouldn't happen to place you on or very close to the Biron Snowshelf, would it?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warbler's Nest was annoying. Use a Deku Leaf to blow gusts through the holes in the strange-looking monoliths surrounding it. They'll make musical notes. The pedestal lights up blue when you strike the first correct note, and subsequent correct notes make it glow brighter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your Shrine pings from the sensor wouldn't happen to place you on or very close to the Biron Snowshelf, would it?
No, on the map it says the area is Icefall Foothills. Literally as far northwest as you can go.

Also am I able to do the warbler's nest before the temple? I only got 15 shrines left to do and I'd prefer to finish them all first before tackling the temples.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, on the map it says the area is Icefall Foothills. Literally as far northwest as you can go.

Also am I able to do the warbler's nest before the temple? I only got 15 shrines left to do and I'd prefer to finish them all first before tackling the temples.
Alright, I'm not sure about the Icefall Foothills, sadly. And as for Warbler's Nest, I did mine after the Rito Divine Beast, so I'm not sure. The quest trigger is a female Rito on one of the village's platforms, trying to figure out where one of her young are. If you can't find her, I'd say, yes, that Divine Beast needs to be beaten first. Anyway, once the young Rito is found and that quest completed, the rest of the Warbler's Nest Shrine is actually a completely unlisted quest.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm not sure about the Icefall Foothills, sadly. And as for Warbler's Nest, I did mine after the Rito Divine Beast, so I'm not sure. The quest trigger is a female Rito on one of the village's platforms, trying to figure out where one of her young are. Once that's found out and that quest completed, the rest of the Warbler's Nest Shrine is actually a completely unlisted quest.
Woah are you saying its possible to completely miss this quest/shrine if you clear the temple too soon?

Also about that showshelf, where did you find that shrine. Thats one of the 15 I'm missing too.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah are you saying its possible to completely miss this quest/shrine if you clear the temple too soon?

Also about that showshelf, where did you find that shrine. Thats one of the 15 I'm missing too.
No, you can't miss it. Just that I don't believe the Warbler's Nest quest trigger is available until after you beat the Rito Divine Beast. Same with the quest to find the Shrine on the Biron Snowshelf. That one comes from a young Rito girl, and I didn't see the "!" bubble above her head until after the Divine Beast. Anyway, the one on Biron Snowshelf is here...
IMG_20170307_185751.jpg
I suggest scaling the mountain my cursor is on (it'll have a single large tree at the top) and looking toward the Shrine. You should be able to see it. (Sorry for the shitty phone pic, BTW)

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten a shrine by the forgotten temple? I get a ping in that area but there's nothing around to solve or blow up. Its in the east side of the Hebra region.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone figure out how to get through gorko tunnel? Theres definitely a shrine at the end of it but a Goron is busy trying to dig through it.

Am I going to have to complete the temple first? Seems like some of these shrines need you to finish the temples first.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone figure out how to get through gorko tunnel? Theres definitely a shrine at the end of it but a Goron is busy trying to dig through it.

Am I going to have to complete the temple first? Seems like some of these shrines need you to finish the temples first.
Quite a few of them, yes. I'm unsure about that one, though. Right now I'm trying to clear out all the ones in the Hebra area.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite a few of them, yes. I'm unsure about that one, though. Right now I'm trying to clear out all the ones in the Hebra area.
I finally figured out that one in the top corner. You have to go on the other side of the mountain and roll down a snowball into a door. You get into the shrine from the inside of the mountain.

Having 8 shrines left before doing any temples isnt bad right?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally figured out that one in the top corner. You have to go on the other side of the mountain and roll down a snowball into a door. You get into the shrine from the inside of the mountain.

Having 8 shrines left before doing any temples isnt bad right?
The one that looks like it's right on top of Hebra North Summit? FFS, I've been trying to find that thing for 45 minutes -.-
And the "temples" are actually pretty simple compared to the ones of yore. More like giant versions of the Shrine puzzles, though I say that not with the intention of diminishing them. Anyway, you'll be fine.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing the temples for the first time now. Are there any compasses or anything like that so I can see if I got all the treasure chests? I like to get everything I possibly can.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any compasses or anything like that so I can see if I got all the treasure chests?

Not really. You just have to get crafty. And you also can't use Revali's Gale to get a boost in shrines, so if you see a chest, grab it. One really sucky thing: you never know what's going to be in a chest, unless you research--there could be rupees, clothing, gems, equipment, etc,.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. You just have to get crafty. And you also can't use Revali's Gale to get a boost in shrines, so if you see a chest, grab it. One really sucky thing: you never know what's going to be in a chest, unless you research--there could be rupees, clothing, gems, equipment, etc,.
I dont leave any shrines unless I've gotten all the chests. At least with shrines you can tell if you gotten all the chests but with temples I'm not seeing any check at all. Plus I heard you cant come back to a temple once its done which makes it worse.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least with shrines you can tell if you gotten all the chests
I thought there was no HUD while you're inside a shrine? On top of that, there are times when you literally need a certain item to progress, like shrine Mog Latan (the one shrine on the mountain where the aurora usually occurs), which can prevent you from nabbing a chest, but I recommend using stamps for those shrines.
D.B. temples have maps, but I don't remember chests showing up on said map. You are 100% correct about not going inside the temple for a second run.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought there was no HUD while you're inside a shrine? On top of that, there are times when you literally need a certain item to progress, like shrine Mog Latan (the one shrine on the mountain where the aurora usually occurs), which can prevent you from nabbing a chest, but I recommend using stamps for those shrines.
D.B. temples have maps, but I don't remember chests showing up on said map. You are 100% correct about not going inside the temple for a second run.
I dont recall using maps inside shrines because I never needed to do so. I think it only pulled up the overworld map. Theres a small chest by the name of the shrine if you gotten all the chests. Theres nothing like that for temples.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one