Gaming Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gameplay Discussion (will contain spoilers)

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres a small chest by the name of the shrine if you gotten all the chests.
I never knew this. I usually have a full inventory, so if I don't like the Soldier's Bow or the Stonesmasher, I'm leaving it; it's now worth trading. Though, I guess now I'll have to drop-and-switch, just for the knowledge of completion.

I think if we get enough people to contribute (120 shrines, 10 people, sounds manageable), we could list: where shrines are for the region, how to get the shrine to appear, one or two ways to solve said shrine, number of chest(s)/how to obtain chest(s), and contents of said chest(s).

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which weapon set is arguably the best in terms of attack, Lynel or Royal Guard. Forget durability, I want to know best in attack and bonuses.

My Savage Lynel Bow with 32x5 is probably the best bow I'll ever find in the game.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also is there a silver Lynel? All I find in the game is red, blue, and white but some places say there is silver. Does that exist?

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did and its always a blue Lynel unless its suppose to be a different color every time.

There are multiple arenas. I think there's one in Hyrule Castle; could not tell you the exact location.

If you found a 32X5 Lynel Bow, that's probably the best, no contest. Most bow items can get +X attack, Durability, Quickshot, etc, but I've only gotten X3 shot. There's also a Sheikah MS clone that m i g h t be the strongest sword, barring durability; it's in Hyrule Castle.....somewhere.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far the only thing I'm seeing thats a permanent missable in this game that has inflicted me is the Hyrule Compendium, specifically the pictures for the bosses. I've already defeated Master Kohga before learning about this and I dont see any way of getting it now. Even the workshop where you can buy pictures doesnt allow you to just buy it (I bought all the pictures available.)

If anyone knows where I can find Silver Lynel let me know, I'd like to hunt them down.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today I went to hyrule castle, to beat all 6 bosses (I never did the deugons so they are at hyrule castle). I beat calamity ganon, get to the cutscene of ganons true form. zelda says some shit and gives me the bow. The cutscene starts going towards it and guess what?

MY WHOLE FUCKING WII U LOCKS UP COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SO FUCKING PISSED NOW! I HAVE TO REBEAT ALL 6 BOSSES CAUSE YOU CAN'T SAVE AT ALL DURING THIS TIME

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today I went to hyrule castle, to beat all 6 bosses (I never did the deugons so they are at hyrule castle). I beat calamity ganon, get to the cutscene of ganons true form. zelda says some shit and gives me the bow. The cutscene starts going towards it and guess what?

MY WHOLE FUCKING WII U LOCKS UP COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SO FUCKING PISSED NOW! I HAVE TO REBEAT ALL 6 BOSSES CAUSE YOU CAN'T SAVE AT ALL DURING THIS TIME
Is your Wii U bricked or is it just the game and save that is wiped? Lets try to get the whole story so we can help.

Also explain your homebrew setup so we can determine any possible causes.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xtheman166

Is your data stored internally?
Yes as it wouldn't boot from usb
Is your Wii U bricked or is it just the game and save that is wiped? Lets try to get the whole story so we can help.

Also explain your homebrew setup so we can determine any possible causes.
My wiiu is fine, the game crashed. The save is fine but I have to rebeat all 5 bosses then ganons true form cause you cAnt save during the 6 bosses (if you fight them all in hyrule castle) (not the mini bosses either it o all of ganons forms.)
I had updated my game and installed the dlc that day. (Was still on v16) I normally boot with cbhc's system menu option (I did this time). I had messed around with tcpgecko to try out that 32x speed code before I went to the castle. And that's it. I beat all the blight forms, calamity ganon, the cutscene before the final ganon battle starts, the bow is shown and link is riding his horse towards it and the entire console locks up. It was just stuck at that part of the cutscene. No input worked other then the tv button.

Fotonick

Trophies
XP
Country
I did and its always a blue Lynel unless its suppose to be a different color every time.

In arena near Hyrule Castle i find Always a silver Lynel and on the different floors on the perimether thare are enemies with fire, ice and electric swords/spears, good in case of necessity.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After completing the game and defeating Ganon, which was underwhelming (maybe, because I was overpowered with equips, etc.) but it was graphically marvelous, I really hope the hard mode DLC will deliver what hardcore gamers want. Other than that, this game goes with the saying, 'It's not about the destination, it's all about the journey.' And my journey with Breath of the Wild was epic. I still miss some shrines, and most of the Koroks though. I think I'm gonna play it with 3 hearts for fun. haha.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, you'll be in the clear. I've also heard the Ganon battle (among other things) can change depending on how many beasts have been freed--I wonder if that has an effect on this problem?
I never did any of the beast, but that is true. If you don't free a beast you will fight that beast's ganon in hyrule castle before calamity ganon.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
damn Ganon is easy AF to beat :/, had more trouble with thunder ganon beast... The abilities from the champions are OP to beat ganon, it's already easier when you defeated all the ganon beasts, but that...
First half you beat the shit out of him with the master sword, then you can easy shock him just before he shot 3 time with the guerudo ability, then the goron shield and you're done, he's dead... not to mention the outside form, which is really a FUCKIN BEAST AND AWESOME, but... he don't do shit :( he randomly fire in from of him...

OK it make it more enjoyable when the fights are easy because you can admire it without overthinking, but it challenge less,... Still a huge game, well done, with so much to do after,
and lets talk about the after... FFS WHY GANON IS NOT DEFEATED, why not let hyrule at peace like every openworld game after you beat the main quest... DLCs would have been much BETTER,
quests to do to make hyrule get on its feets again, restore the guardians, and, or, face a new evil when hyrule is still recovering...
Damn :/ the is the only aspect i wished they throw away from the zelda series, there is no advantage on beating ganon 99 time so, why let hyrule like that after ?

This is a really useless aspect... It would have forced you to beat every guardians or things that need corrupted by ganon stuff, they should have make it like the dungeons "If you enter the final battle and win, you won't be able to STUFF and STUFF, are you sure ?", like they do at every end of the 4 dungeons.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Unknown16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
damn Ganon is easy AF to beat :/, had more trouble with thunder ganon beast... The abilities from the champions are OP to beat ganon, it's already easier when you defeated all the ganon beasts, but that...
First half you beat the shit out of him with the master sword, then you can easy shock him just before he shot 3 time with the guerudo ability, then the goron shield and you're done, he's dead... not to mention the outside form, which is really a FUCKIN BEAST AND AWESOME, but... he don't do shit :( he randomly fire in from of him...

OK it make it more enjoyable when the fights are easy because you can admire it without overthinking, but it challenge less,... Still a huge game, well done, with so much to do after,
and lets talk about the after... FFS WHY GANON IS NOT DEFEATED, why not let hyrule at peace like every openworld game after you beat the main quest... DLCs would have been much BETTER,
quests to do to make hyrule get on its feets again, restore the guardians, and, or, face a new evil when hyrule is still recovering...
Damn :/ the is the only aspect i wished they throw away from the zelda series, there is no advantage on beating ganon 99 time so, why let hyrule like that after ?

This is a really useless aspect... It would have forced you to beat every guardians or things that need corrupted by ganon stuff, they should have make it like the dungeons "If you enter the final battle and win, you won't be able to STUFF and STUFF, are you sure ?", like they do at every end of the 4 dungeons.
During Beast Ganon, your horse is more of a threat than the big bad. Played through Twilight Princess HD with the same tank controls, can't get used to it at all.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER