LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga delayed

Ex3fk4HWgAMxM1i.jpg

Longtime LEGO developer Traveller's Tale announced today on their Twitter that LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, their "biggest and best-ever" LEGO Star Wars game to date, has been delayed indefinitely. Set to be an all-new retelling of all nine films in the main Star Wars saga, the title is expected to be the largest and most definitive in the LEGO Star Wars series.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How am I supposed to do that with covid restrictions still in place in a lot of the blue states? lol
I suggest you watch the trailer, the cutscenes are pretty light-hearted/comedic

So why does it matter whether or not the sequel trilogy is good? Can't it just be fun? I don't even like the sequel trilogy but that ⅓ of the game can still be enjoyable despite that, especially considering how unserious it's being
And again, this isn't just Star Wars The Complete Saga HD DLC, the game is going to work differently from 1/2/TCS

Well maybe I shouldn't put all my resentment into just this game, whether it'd be good or not, as the problems I have with the new Star Wars movies goes deeper and expands to other topics I could write a whole book about, so trying to explain it all in one post, especially since it would be of topic, wouldn't be practical.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
"Delayed game means the game will probably be Cyberpunk 2077" more alike it nowadays.
I'll never for the life of me understand how a game that was delayed SO MANY TIMES still ended up a pile of crap a-la Duke Nukem Forever.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Meh, who cares; Complete Saga doesn't have the worthless "sequel"/feminist-fanfic trilogy bolted on, and is thus a far better product.

Fuck Rey; garbage character who through the power of "woman" manages to defeat well-trained Kylo Ren in her first lightsaber fight, resist mind probes with no training prior, and do all sorts of over-the-top Force stunts that were never hinted at before.

Souperman9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll never for the life of me understand how a game that was delayed SO MANY TIMES still ended up a pile of crap a-la Duke Nukem Forever.
I'd say that DNF was delayed for different reasons to most of the ones we've been seeing recently - similar to FFXV. It went through so many changes, including changing development studios, that the delays didn't necessarily mean progress was being made, instead sometimes the opposite. That's a distinction a lot of people fail to make when talking about delayed games, especially in regards to that infamous Miyamoto quote. While it definitely has an element of truth to it, it certainly can't be applied to all scenarios.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest you watch the trailer, the cutscenes are pretty light-hearted/comedic

So why does it matter whether or not the sequel trilogy is good? Can't it just be fun? I don't even like the sequel trilogy but that ⅓ of the game can still be enjoyable despite that, especially considering how unserious it's being
And again, this isn't just Star Wars The Complete Saga HD DLC, the game is going to work differently from 1/2/TCS

Yep, lookin' pretty gay. That said though, I have a feeling they are going to be spicing up the old formula enough to at least make the game play fun. Now if only the source material was not so hideous. I'll stick with the original Lego Trilogy.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, lookin' pretty gay. That said though, I have a feeling they are going to be spicing up the old formula enough to at least make the game play fun. Now if only the source material was not so hideous. I'll stick with the original Lego Trilogy.

Remember with current youtube policy dictates that if a video is aimed at children under the age of 13 - Comments must be disabled and is automatically done IF they select the " this video is targeted at children".

Deleted member 445482

Antisocial behavior detected.
Trophies
XP
If they really want it to be the best ever Lego Star Wars to date, they'd exclude the shitty sequel trilogy nobody likes expect for fat and ugly SJW's who don't play games lol
Obvious troll is obvious.

Never seen replies this toxic on a news thread, not even on the cyberpunk ones.

Last edited by Deleted member 445482,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Darn I feel like I going back play one of the LEGO Star Wars Series maybe on Wii or Wii U. Should I do in start with Anakin in order on Wii U then Wii?
All you really need is LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and it doesn't really matter what platform you play it on. I think there was a substantial improvement when they got to Episodes 4-6 compared to Episodes 1-3.

It seems all the LEGO games are pretty much the same after that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?