Funko to release new AAA action platformer from the director of the LEGO Star Wars games

Funko, the company that made a splash with its incredibly popular line of licensed Pop! figurines, has decided to enter the videogame marketplace. Its first game will also be the first release from 10.10 Games, a new studio formed in 2021 by Jon Burton. Burton has a storied career in videogames, founding developer Traveler's Tales in 1989, who would go on to be well-known for their series of licensed LEGO videogames. Burton directed several of these titles, such as the first three LEGO Star Wars games, LEGO Indiana Jones and the first two LEGO Batman games.

This Funko Pop! game, described as a "AAA action platformer" with "major third-party studio integration," stars Freddy Funko, a crown-wearing Pop! figurine who acts as the company's official mascot. While there was no mention or hints at licensed franchises appearing in the game, Funko CEO Andrew Perlmutter indicated that every product portfolio decision is made with the goal "emotionally connect[ing] fans to their favorite fandoms," so it's likely we'll see some licensed franchises here. Funko and 10.10 Games are also expecting a T for Teen rating from the ESRB, possibly indicating some more mature franchises may be appearing.

While this is the first game produced with direct influence from Funko, the Pop! aesthetic has been used before, with the free-to-play real-time strategy mobile game Gears Pop! which used Pop! versions of Gears of War characters.

The as-yet-untitled Funko Pop! videogame is expected to launch in 2023.

:arrow: Source

Ludwig_Osdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, the director has worked on some really good games that I've played and enjoyed. So, while I don't give a crap about funko pops I wonder how the game is gonna turn out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER