Homebrew List of all emulators for DS

supercarte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Pahicken said:
Is there a better snes emulator for ds cards other than snemulds?
The SNES emulator for DS two appears better but it's not a homebrew therefore I don't put it here.
Anyhow I don't own a DStwo to try it.

Rukia-san

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I remember correctly using Snes or Nes emulator will break DSi upper screen, right? Can you guys tell me which one? I want to try Snes emulator but I don't know if it's safe.
unsure.gif

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rukia-san said:
If I remember correctly using Snes or Nes emulator will break DSi upper screen, right? Can you guys tell me which one? I want to try Snes emulator but I don't know if it's safe.
unsure.gif
NES

Also, update teh NES open source. It's now NESDS EX and is a pack with both a hardware and software emulator.

Rukia-san

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you personuser, I tried the Snes emulator, unfortunately Pilotwings crashed every time I started the game.
ohnoes.png

hood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I need help to make a choice between DL and DSi for emulation purpose. Does emulation of PCE, NES, SMD, GBx and other consoles requires a SLOT2 or i can buy DSi with SLOT1? In another word do i need SLOT2 to run emulators?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
hood said:
I need help to make a choice between DL and DSi for emulation purpose. Does emulation of PCE, NES, SMD, GBx and other consoles requires a SLOT2 or i can buy DSi with SLOT1? In another word do i need SLOT2 to run emulators?
No, emulation is always done in slot 1 cards. Keep in mind that you'll need a DStwo card if you want to do snes or gba emulation properly. (snes works with regular cards but it's glitchy as hell.)

hood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Snailface said:
hood said:
No, emulation is always done in slot 1 cards. Keep in mind that you'll need a DStwo card if you want to do snes or gba emulation properly. (snes works with regular cards but it's glitchy as hell.)
Ie any other emulators ran through SLOT1? And btw i have DSTwo card but i need some reason to buy DS or DSi.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
hood said:
Snailface said:
hood said:
Ie any other emulators ran through SLOT1? And btw i have DSTwo card but i need some reason to buy DS or DSi.
DSi gives you the advantage of DSiWare games for purchase. DS lite has a battery life advantage. Both systems run emulation the same. (DSi has extra cpu speed and ram but the hacks for it aren't very fleshed out at the current time)

Your Welcome : )

hood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Snailface said:
DSi gives you the advantage of DSiWare games for purchase. DS lite has a battery life advantage. Both systems run emulation the same. (DSi has extra cpu speed and ram but the hacks for it aren't very fleshed out at the current time)
Ok thank u so much)

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
DS-Pack

Emulated Games: Abscam, Ali Baba and 40 Thieves, Beastie Feastie, Caterpillar hack, Canon Ball, Crush Roller, Dream Shopper, Eggor, Eyes, Gorkans, Joyman, Jr. Pac-Man, Hangly-Man, Korosuke Roller, Lizard Wizard, Magic brush, Make trax, Ms. Pac Attack, Ms. Pacman, Mr. TNT, Naughty Mouse, New Puck 2, New Puck X, Pac-man, Paint Roller, Penta, Pengo, Piranha, Ponpoko, Puckman, The Blob, Van-van Car, Wood Pecker, etc...
Developer: Copper
Development status: Last update 2009-05-24 (Seems completed).
Comment: Emulate greatly over 70 games. A auto scroll was added for many games. We can add many retro images and ScreenShots in option (recommended). Mame 0.131 compatible romset needed.
Filetrip link: v.1.6
Official page: Click here
You listed Pac-Man twice, see bold.
tongue.gif
I think you meant Ms. Pac-Man.

UNTDOS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use an original r4 plus wood r4 1.30 nesDS (a nes emulator for Nintendo DS) can save states for games in version 0.51, just wanted to point that out because older versions of nesDS cant do that. I also noticed nesDs can work in my junk r4ideluxe, so it should work in any flash-cart, the only problem I noticed is that your save-states get lost in the r4i deluxe when you reset, while that does not happen with wood r4 1.30. If you just want the emulator that works best, a certain game gear emulator has been in development for a long time and does not need a slot two ram pack. is great. S8DS. Also check this list:

http://www.zophar.net/consoles/nds.html

Absurd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I'm after running the DSPack but have no idea as to how to go about it.

Any chance of a step-by-step idiot guide please? I've got numerous other emu's working no problem but I'm struggling with this. If it makes a difference the card I'm using is an R4i Gold for 3DS and running the latest Wood V1.39 firmware.

Grateful for any help offered :)

supercarte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
  1. Create a folder named 'MAMERoms' into the root of your flash card.
  2. Copy your roms (mame format) into this folder.
  3. Download 'DSPack-marquees-cabinets-resources.7z' and 'DSPack-captures-flyers-resources.7z' archives then unzip it.
  4. Copy unziped files into /MAMERoms folder.
  5. Download 'DSPack.7z' archive and unzip it.
  6. Copy 'DSPack.nds' file into your flash card and run it to play.
  7. Read the included readme.txt for information about using this emulator.
It's the same method for all Copper's emulators.

Enjoy!

Reactions: 1 person

MavNix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
  1. Create a folder named 'MAMERoms' into the root of your flash card.
  2. Copy your roms (mame format) into this folder.
  3. Download 'DSPack-marquees-cabinets-resources.7z' and 'DSPack-captures-flyers-resources.7z' archives then unzip it.
  4. Copy unziped files into /MAMERoms folder.
  5. Download 'DSPack.7z' archive and unzip it.
  6. Copy 'DSPack.nds' file into your flash card and run it to play.
  7. Read the included readme.txt for information about using this emulator.
It's the same method for all Copper's emulators.

Enjoy!

I'm curious about where to download the DS pack files you mentioned? Also, you say to not unzip the first two, and then unzip the last one. I've been led to believe that you need to unzip all files when you need to use them?

Never mind, I made it work with magic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work