• Likes 132

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I use loadiine because I like having loaders on the main screen not individual games, declutters it

and you can use USB, I use Mocha to make the Wii U think the HDD is an SD card and just have a loadiine forwader with the loadiine folder on both the sd card and HDD.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use loadiine because I like having loaders on the main screen not individual games, declutters it

and you can use USB, I use Mocha to make the Wii U think the HDD is an SD card and just have a loadiine forwader with the loadiine folder on both the sd card and HDD.
How do you set up a forwarder to do that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by M7L7NK7,

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I updated to the most recent build today, and tried two modes: Super Smash Bros (disc) and Mii Maker. Both were way slower than they were when I used it like two years ago. With Super Smash Bros disc I actually had to updated that game to continue, then reboot the console, then when it worked I first saw the page for the disc game and then the contents of Super Mario 3D world opened, but then it seemed to hang for a few minutes on the first page. With the Mii Maker mode it also seemed to hang, but after it minute it continued.

Despite the slow load times, it played just fine, although it couldn't access the old saves. I figured it was just an issue with the way I renamed the folders, so decided to play a level, then save, then take a look at the folders. However, it was hanging just as long while trying to save and then the console made this loud beep and it just froze permanently on the saving screen.

The other problem I had was that even though I renamed the folders to have the content ID, and even though the names otherwise appear correctly without the content ID, it doesn't download covers, although that's a minor issue.

I don't mind shelving this for now, but I am curious: Is it even possible to enable USB loading of games? I know it's not presently supported, but now that custom firmwares exist I wonder if there's anything to look forward to there, like an experience we have in vWii mode. and, more importantly, is there any way to read the entire disc to files instead of needing to go through WiFi and a computer? as I recall from a few years ago that just didn't work too well with most of my games.

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed Haxchi recently and I'm trying to use Loadiine to play Wind Waker HD.
However, every time I open the game, it loads to this screen for a few seconds before playing a beeping sound and crashing:
20180414_151008.jpg
The other photos show how my SD card is set up.
screenshotwiiu1.png screenshotwiiu2.png screenshotwiiu3.png
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

y1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I just installed Haxchi recently and I'm trying to use Loadiine to play Wind Waker HD.
However, every time I open the game, it loads to this screen for a few seconds before playing a beeping sound and crashing:
View attachment 120484
The other photos show how my SD card is set up.
View attachment 120485 View attachment 120486 View attachment 120487
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
Which region of game do you use? And also, which region of your console?

itsblunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi. :)

Thanks for the great article. I just started using loadiine after starting a video game archive. I got all Nintendo titles ever made up till the Wii U.. =]

I use Nintendont to play GameCube games, and if I load a game say TMNT and am playing -- then I want to play another game -- there is a shortcut to return to HomeBrew Launcher Channel while active game play -- " L + R + Z+ START" .

Does anybody know of a similar shortcut available for loadiine GX2 ??? Right now after I load a video game I can close it by pressing the home button on the WiiU and choosing to Close Program. But then this is my problem -- I can not restart Haxchi to HomeBrew menu and acess loadiine GX2 again --- my WiiU crashes every time -- I can only run Homebrew from Haxchi ONE TIME PER BOOT.

So then I have to power off and power on.

Run Haxchi to Homebrew Menu -- launch loadiine GX 2 -- load game.

It would be awesome if there was a way to load a new game in loadiine GX2 without rebooting the WiiU or even exiting loadiine. Like shortcut keys activate main loadiine menu with game display.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. :)

Thanks for the great article. I just started using loadiine after starting a video game archive. I got all Nintendo titles ever made up till the Wii U.. =]

I use Nintendont to play GameCube games, and if I load a game say TMNT and am playing -- then I want to play another game -- there is a shortcut to return to HomeBrew Launcher Channel while active game play -- " L + R + Z+ START" .

Does anybody know of a similar shortcut available for loadiine GX2 ??? Right now after I load a video game I can close it by pressing the home button on the WiiU and choosing to Close Program. But then this is my problem -- I can not restart Haxchi to HomeBrew menu and acess loadiine GX2 again --- my WiiU crashes every time -- I can only run Homebrew from Haxchi ONE TIME PER BOOT.

It would be awesome if there was a way to load a new game in loadiine GX2 without rebooting the WiiU or even exiting loadiine. Like shortcut keys activate main loadiine menu with game display.
When you exit out the game and are back on the main menu select mii maker and loadiine gx2 will load again without you having to reboot the wiiu

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can't be fuck'd to read shit--is using loadiine.ovh a dead method? I'm pretty sure I was able to do a lot (play a couple titles) with one instance, unless DSI yada-yada occurred. Look into it; it works on 5.5.2, but again, I can't be fuck'd to read shit.

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't be fuck'd to read shit--is using loadiine.ovh a dead method? I'm pretty sure I was able to do a lot (play a couple titles) with one instance, unless DSI yada-yada occurred. Look into it; it works on 5.5.2, but again, I can't be fuck'd to read shit.

So much unnecessary profanity.

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much unnecessary profanity.

Dude....my life.

If you felt a bit of the shit I go through, you'd probably do something extreme. I feel like cursing, so I do. I guess you felt like quoting me on it, so you did. What you did not do, is help anyone with any question on this page.

Think about it.

Or whatever.

Reactions: wicksand420

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude....my life.

If you felt a bit of the shit I go through, you'd probably do something extreme. I feel like cursing, so I do. I guess you felt like quoting me on it, so you did. What you did not do, is help anyone with any question on this page.

Think about it.

Or whatever.

Here's my 2¢ Update to newest firmware and just install your games.

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my 2¢ Update to newest firmware and just install your games.

Well, that IS an answer, but, what if I told you:

"Does anybody know of a similar shortcut available for loadiine GX2 ??? Right now after I load a video game I can close it by pressing the home button on the WiiU and choosing to Close Program. But then this is my problem -- I can not restart Haxchi to HomeBrew menu and acess loadiine GX2 again --- my WiiU crashes every time -- I can only run Homebrew from Haxchi ONE TIME PER BOOT.

It would be awesome if there was a way to load a new game in loadiine GX2 without rebooting the WiiU or even exiting loadiine. Like shortcut keys activate main loadiine menu with game display."

was the question...asked by itsblunt...?

Keep the change because I couldn't find a meme.
1870_two_cents_rev.jpg

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My life limits me on stuff....basically, you could've tried to figure out if their MiiMaker app is fucked, which might be why haxchi crashes? I don't know, but you tried-ish.
tumblr_mf5z15BS8h1qdmmo5o7_500.png
There was a loadiine forwarder somewhere a while ago that installed to your wii u home menu, I forgot where I saw it, but it only worked with a certain version of loadiine, let me see if I can find it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-loadiine-forwarder-channel.455939/

There you go bro, let me know if you have any problems

Last edited by wicksand420,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Ninogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So just to make sure.. there is no way to play Wii U games from the SD card? I need to install them to the system or a external USB using the wup installer thingy, yes?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So just to make sure.. there is no way to play Wii U games from the SD card? I need to install them to the system or a external USB using the wup installer thingy, yes?
there is a way but loadiine just isnt worth it, you get hell of alot slower games to load and compatibility issues, some games might take minutes to load while installed take seconds and so on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s