[LulzSec]1000th tweet statement

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You might've heard that Sega's website got compromised by a different group of hackers, stealing email addresses, birth dates and encrypted passwords.

It wasn't lulzsec, but they're openly offering their support to SEGA since they love the company.
Lulzsec want to destroy whoever targeted SEGA, but it's not like SEGA are going to respond, they can't associate with rogues.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man..

Doesn't anybody realize that they're actually RIGHT about the part of the hackers who don't post their information openly online?

They're hackers. But the only real harm they do is their fun. It's extremely annoying in cases like sony's but still, they're having fun. (lulz..) They still haven't done any actual real harm (except for sooonyy, and if you think that a game server down for half a day is real harm, I don't) they did actually 'help' the people who got their email-adresses stolen. I'd rather get hacked by these guys than by actual horrible hackers.

TL;DR I don't see the real harm in what they do. I think they're actually right.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tijntje_7 said:
Man..

Doesn't anybody realize that they're actually RIGHT about the part of the hackers who don't post their information openly online?

They're hackers. But the only real harm they do is their fun. It's extremely annoying in cases like sony's but still, they're having fun. (lulz..) They still haven't done any actual real harm (except for sooonyy, and if you think that a game server down for half a day is real harm, I don't) they did actually 'help' the people who got their email-adresses stolen. I'd rather get hacked by these guys than by actual horrible hackers.

TL;DR I don't see the real harm in what they do. I think they're actually right.
There's admitting that you've hacked, and then there's disclosing the data.
It ain't okay to release 62000 random credentials like that.

It's only a matter of time until twitter terminate their account, 188k followers down the tube.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
tijntje_7 said:
Man..

It's only a matter of time until twitter terminate their account, 188k followers down the tube.
the only way that would happen is if they hack twitter or some government (aka the US) will force them to

and since LulzSec lives on twitter i don't think the first will happen

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Darmanitan said:
Does me admiring them make me a bad person?
frown.gif
No, it doesn't.
Americans, for example, have had a fascination with mobsters for decades.

Just don't do what they do. Draw the line somewhere at least.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:

Then they'll try to hack twitter for slowing their fanbase.

I really wish people would stop posting news like this. It only gives them more attention.
Even if someone "posted it first" at least you're not the one who looks bad.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darmanitan said:
frown.gif
Well it certainly doesn't make you look cool or good in any ways. I can guarantee that you'd hate them if it was your data and possibly possessions that were at risk here. There are always a few hypocrites who will try to pat them on the back and say they're doing "noble" deeds when they hack someone. That is, until it happens to you. Until you realize they're people who just enjoy terrorizing and tormenting random people as an immature form of entertainment or for attention.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
RupeeClock said:

Then they'll try to hack twitter for slowing their fanbase.

I really wish people would stop posting news like this. It only gives them more attention.
Even if someone "posted it first" at least you're not the one who looks bad.
Unfortunately there will always be someone looking for the scoop, but in reporting events ends up giving something attention.
Who does it really benefit, the informed or the publicised?

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Darmanitan said:
frown.gif
Well it certainly doesn't make you look cool or good in any ways. I can guarantee that you'd hate them if it was your data and possibly possessions that were at risk here. There are always a few hypocrites who will try to pat them on the back and say they're doing "noble" deeds when they hack someone. That is, until it happens to you. Until you realize they're people who just enjoy terrorizing and tormenting random people as an immature form of entertainment or for attention.

then by that definition they are terrorists... although not the type people associate that word to

as long as they do this they are within that definition

im quite surprised that no one has done anything about them

out of 62000 people no one is going to do anything?
then again these people are from a writing/journal site, the least likely people to strike back

if anything i see them as just targeting the weak people

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even when they were trying to be serious, I found the post entertaining.

QUOTE said:
Nobody is truly causing the Internet to slip one way or the other, it's an inevitable outcome for us humans. We find, we nom nom nom, we move onto something else that's yummier. We've been entertaining you 1000 times with 140 characters or less, and we'll continue creating things that are exciting and new until we're brought to justice, which we might well be. But you know, we just don't give a living fuck at this point - you'll forget about us in 3 months' time when there's a new scandal to gawk at, or a new shiny thing to click on via your 2D light-filled rectangle. People who can make things work better within this rectangle have power over others; the whitehats who charge $10,000 for something we could teach you how to do over the course of a weekend, providing you aren't mentally disabled.

They get the internet.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, they're right. If I have a very strong password, what does it matter if my damn email service can't secure their servers to where my password is my safety. If they can't secure themselves, they can't secure me. They may be public about all the info they have stolen, and many places I frequent are tied to the same email. So if the weak link is my email, all of those other accounts are compromised. Many times, I don't know what an update entails, or even when the services are updated. I need to know when my accounts may be compromised, and if the email provider, or other service won't tell me, then who will?

I quite enjoy when internet fun goes wrong. It's what the internet has thrived on. People's stupidity, ineptness, and drama. When the stupidity spreads to the people who provide to others, it's time to cut the bullshit. If I get hacked because the trust I place in my providers is misplaced, then public warning is indeed needed to change public trust to outrage.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
They're either completely evil, or completely pure.
They are neither. They have no intentions. What happens, happens. Whether they do good, or anger many people. It has no effect on their future exploits.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not interested, they're a fad. Eventually internet security will get better or they'll find better things to do. Or interest in them will go away as they become less significant and as support fades away.

I don't even know why people supported them in the first place. If you don't like Sony or whatever, good for you. But supporting a group that gets shits and giggles out of make your personal information open to the public isn't right by any means.

But yeah, we should just stop giving them publicity.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Not interested, they're a fad. Eventually internet security will get better or they'll find better things to do. Or interest in them will go away as they become less significant and as support fades away.

I don't even know why people supported them in the first place. If you don't like Sony or whatever, good for you. But supporting a group that gets shits and giggles out of make your personal information open to the public isn't right by any means.

Seriously. And what they say they're doing is really dumb. Hacking people to show them they need to upgrade their security. I'm gonna go burn some houses to teach people a lesson about not fireproofing their houses. I hope they get caught, but I don't feel like they will since they're so comfortable about tweeting and posting their phone number. I just can't believe people support him. Here is an idea to his followers, enjoy worshiping him until he hacks you.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Seriously. And what they say they're doing is really dumb. Hacking people to show them they need to upgrade their security. I'm gonna go burn some houses to teach people a lesson about not fireproofing their houses. I hope they get caught, but I don't feel like they will since they're so comfortable about tweeting and posting their phone number. I just can't believe people support him. Here is an idea to his followers, enjoy worshiping him until he hacks you.
Horrible comparison. A much more proper one is teaching a person a lesson about phishing, or the "It takes a Thief" series on the Discovery Channel. The only difference is the fact that they have no intentions. The do it because they think it's funny. They show just enough restraint to make it more justifiable. What happens, happens. They don't care if the consequences are good, or bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn