Hacking m3sakura is almost here!

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gangsterboi said:
Well it's a shame I didn't understand all of that. A load of updates they want to include?

There is never a release date on the news anymore.

Yah, machine translations aren't great.

I found it kinda just repeating the same ol', same ol'... but the mention of M3DSi Real was new, and intriquing.
smile.gif

QUOTEAt the same time, new M3DSi Real will also carry SAKURA system, which will have a more difficult SAKURA mission, but also is bound to SAKURA to another peak.

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
powerpuff said:
Toni Plutonij said:
powerpuff said:
wilsonramal said:
It Says: ¨WHITIN 1 MONTH¨ not ¨IN A MONTH¨, anyway, how difficult could it be to make a translation?? WHat the
angry.gif
are they waiting for? Even the M3 ds REal has a m3sakura logo printed on the package! Maybe M3 Team is busy playing Hello Kitty Game ,
wtf.gif

Dude, it's like ONE GUY in his bedroom who works 2 other jobs. Seriously, get some patience!
Hey, it's OK to have an opinion, but don't spread false rumors..
Moonlight is the main developer, and he's working with the M3 Team..

Nobody knows who Moonlight is. He's talented, but I guarantee you M3 doesn't pay him enough to make this his full-time gig. Everyone just needs to be patient, he's a busy guy. Has a family to support, has to work a real job for that.
nobody knows who moonlight is?
the guy who is responsible for the most used DS video player?

What I meant is... what's his NAME? In real LIFE? Nobody knows, and that's for the best. He could be a girl. We just don't know. He could be from Mars, and we wouldn't know. And that's FINE. He's famous in these parts, and is probably a part-time hobbyist coder for the DS. That's AWESOME. That's MAD SKILLS. But my point is that he isn't "John Nakamura, employee of the M3 corporation who lives in Hokaido". He's an anonymous DS hacker. An AWESOME one, but anonymous.

He probably has a real life, doing real things that aren't hacking the DS. How hard is that to accept? Making M3's doesn't pay well enough to keep a coder busy full-time. I program that well, albeit on a different platform, and I doubt M3 could afford me. It'd all donated time, I wager.

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just in case someone still doesn't get it, let me type it slowly.

1. I know who Moonlight is, of course.

2. Knowing who some anonymous net hacker is doesn't mean I know anything about him. You don't know who _I_ am. I have an IP address and a handle, and apparently I play DS games. That's all you know. Same with Moonlight. All you know is he writes awesome software.

3. There is an entire industry, or group of industries, in the orient based on quasi-legal software and hardware development. I am well aware of this - one visit to a streetcorner in Beijing ought to be enough to convince anyone. But right next to the M3's are pirated VideoCD's, DVD's, and bootlegs. Nobody is making a living off of ONE item, partly because they don't move enough volume of any one thing and partly because at any time the police could come by and confiscate their inventory.

4. I'm not being demeaning or insulting when I talk about these multi-product industries. I'm just being a pragmatist. There are these massive shops filled with all manner of electronic junk, and in one corner is a laptop and a guy who either works the front of the shop during the day or has another job somewhere else and is the brother-in-law or cousin or friend of the shop owner. That guy is a hacker, and cranks stuff out. I'm in no way insulting those people - they amaze me. I've met a few of them, and they are just like "oh yeah I got an XBox360 the day it came out and opened it up and saw it had an {insert chip name here} so I got out a pic programmer and desoldered the chip and read the code and sent it to a guy I know who makes XBox mod chips and..." and my brain just boggles at their fearlessness (I don't mod my $500 game systems until there's a relatively safe method that involves less than 10 wires).

5. Those people are BUSY. They have huge families (seriously, with the in-laws and cousins and stuff all living in one apartment) and big responsibilities, and probably a substantially limited amount of time to work on this stuff.

6. I think the general opinion here is that the "M3 Team" is somehow a real programming and development team that works on code for the DS all day. That just isn't the case. It CAN'T be, because if it were these things would have been released months ago. The development effort required here is measured in afternoons, not months. That tells us that these guys aren't full-time!

Can everyone get it now? I'm not ignorant, I'm not insulting. My original intent here was to say "hey, lighten up - it'll get done when it gets done, you didn't buy this product because of the warranty and stellar product support." It's not an HP laptop that you can reasonably expect 2-day turnaround on an issue and regular driver updates. The M3 team gets us AWESOME updates (even if they keep forgetting power management for sleep mode) on a semi-regular basis, so let's cut them some slack here. The Asian economy sucks right now, they probably have to work double-shifts at their real jobs.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Although I don't agree on some parts, when you put it like that powerpuff, I understand what do you mean..and yeah I agree with you on that!

I have said it, we've got hacked Sakura, it's good enough to me for now..(and just so you know, I was one of the few people who worked on Sakura hack translation, I did all the graphics, and I talked to M3 Team for some time about that hack
wink.gif
)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
powerpuff said:
2. Knowing who some anonymous net hacker is doesn't mean I know anything about him. You don't know who _I_ am. I have an IP address and a handle, and apparently I play DS games. That's all you know. Same with Moonlight. All you know is he writes awesome software.

5. Those people are BUSY. They have huge families (seriously, with the in-laws and cousins and stuff all living in one apartment) and big responsibilities, and probably a substantially limited amount of time to work on this stuff.
These two statements seem to contradict each other. One says that we don't know anything about them except that they write awesome software, but then the other statement goes on to assume that they have in-laws, cousins, living in an apartment, substantially limited amount of time, etc.

Not trying to shoot you down or anything. All I'm saying is, we can't assume anything about people we know absolutely nothing about.

That all said, I agree with you that they should be cut some slack. I really don't care when they come out with the updates as long as we have a working form of Sakura. That might not be good enough for some people, and anyone who is impatient about it can try to go and code the firmware themselves.
happy.gif

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I suddenly feel like I should have spent more time memorizing Chinese characters and less time on the pinyin. God, these eastern languages are so much harder than Spanish or Italian ever were.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeeeey! It's happening..

Something like a changelog (taken from linfox domain):
QUOTE said:
M3 Sakura v1.33 A01 Asian (14th-12-2008):

Improvement projects: (relatively Sakura Japanese system v1.12 X and the original M3 system v4.2a X)
1. Japanese cherry symbol "M3 Sakura" to international logo "M3Sakura";
2. Boot full-screen animation shows that the abolition of the original proceedings tips line;
3. Japanese cherry pink theme interface to modify the Chinese version of the Asian theme of the cherry;
4. Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Korean showed that the core of e-books, such as support for the golden finger corresponding to the need for text;
5. The use of the latest Korean font and display rules, you can display the current integrity of all the Korean language;
6.M3DS Real's NDS game, GBA game settings menu features all integrated into the cherry interface, seamless operation of jump;
7. Accession to the archive features real-time super-NDS (NDS every game at the same time the use of real-time 3 Group filed at any time switch);
* M3Sakura immediate opening of the archive will feature in the game the same directory at the same time to create real-time 3 archive
8. Accession to the GBA game and the support and linkage to achieve the GBA game features;
* The need to adjust to the GBA expansion card (GBA Expansion Pack) or other SLOT-2 card Perfect film series
9. Goldfinger support more formats (M3 dedicated DB format, R4-specific DAT format, XML format, AR CODE, etc.);
10. Goldfinger support Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Korean projects show;
11. Goldfinger support smarter way to search the match, a more stable performance, more compatibility;
12. Goldfinger updates to the database file on December 6, 2008 corresponding to the latest games and to provide built-in multi-lingual version of the document Goldfinger;
13. M3 using the original system v4.2a X to run the game engine, game compatibility and M3 the same as the original system v4.2a X;
14. Multimedia-compatible video formats DSM, DSM and the corresponding video coding standard 2.2 and 2.0;
15. M3 integration of the original system v4.2b X, for the first time be able to boot using the default choice of cherry or original system;
* Replacement of the latter part of the default system, to be M3DS Real in the boot before the screen by holding down the A button can be demonstrated once again the preferred system settings menu.

Some parts are confusing, but it sounds very interesting and good!

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Densetsu3000 said:
Yeah, I just downloaded it and took a look. I'm going to see if this works on my Japanese M3 Real. Anyone try this on the US/EUR M3 Real yet?
I've downloaded it myself, but still hasn't tried it out..
If I got it right, it should have better/nicer splash screen/animation at the boot (probably fullscreen), and NDS and GBA settings screens should have been implemented more nicely..

ninja.gif
Densetsu3000, can you confirm it for us?!
tongue.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Densetsu3000 said:
Toni Plutonij said:
ninja.gif
Densetsu3000, can you confirm it for us?!
tongue.gif
My ninja powers have failed you
cry.gif

ninja.gif
rofl2.gif
You'll never fail me...As long as you're here, helping out
wub.gif

Anyways, I just browsed trough the files on my PC, it looks like it doesn't use the same way of setting GBA and NDS games..Skinning files are completely gone..and there are three skin files on this thing! (I'm guessing for three languages)..
But still, I'll have to boot it to confirm this..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D