M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Toni Plutonij said:
Anyways, I just browsed trough the files on my PC, it looks like it doesn't use the same way of setting GBA and NDS games..Skinning files are completely gone..and there are three skin files on this thing! (I'm guessing for three languages)..
But still, I'll have to boot it to confirm this..
That's what they say in the changelog as well. There's no English though...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
gangsterboi said:
So will skinning sakura change now?
I'm guessing yes, at least some parts..
We'll have to wait and see! (also, we don't know the form/dimensions of the new pictures for skinning system, in case if they really did change it, so we'll probably have to wait for the new compiler to come out!)

QUOTE(Maikel Steneker @ Dec 14 2008, 01:09 PM) That's what they say in the changelog as well. There's no English though...
Yeah, I was just stating that I couldn't find any kind of pictures (except loading screens), so this version of Sakura should be even more faster and sleeker!

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Let's discuss this release.

1. Yay, they changed the Sakura cherry symbol to something more international.
2. Does Sakura have RTS now?
3. Any idea what 'Goldfinger' is? It sounds as if it is Sakura's built-in cheat engine.

Anyway, I feel the US/EUR firmwares are coming very soon. Do you, too?
yaynds.gif

gangsterboi

Trophies
Website
www.europe-nintendo.com
XP
Country
Goldfinger; isn't it a james bond game?

So this new release is a full release, by the m3team. I Hope the us/eu firmware comes out soon. I have a real in my mums bedroom waiting for christmas day. And an iphone for my birthday but i'll open that early.

If the skinning has changed a lot it'll meen a lot of changes for the al ready made skins. Do current skn files work with this new release?

gangsterboi

Trophies
Website
www.europe-nintendo.com
XP
Country
Oh, thats wierd. Don't know what is has to do with cheating; I thought it related more to the game.

Aslo let me get this straight on what is on offer to do with firmware's and m3team.
- Touchpod for m3/g6
- Itouch firmware for itouch
- sakura for m3/itouch
- sakura triple boot for m3/itouch
- sakura dual boot for m3?
- sakura for other carts, r4, ace etc
I don't understand why there are so many different versions why have a dual and triple boot?

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
gangsterboi said:
I don't understand why there are so many different versions why have a dual and triple boot?

We've gone over this a bit... Homebrew and visual preference.

But I'd agree with the 'Stick to one thing' idea.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new update is likely coming from gbalpha
google translated
Looks like they put up a new DSM converter as well. If my memory of M3 perfect is good, normally there is a day or two lag until other regions are posted on the official/international M3 site - in this case though, going by what I've read recently regarding RTS in the next Sakura the actual main goal was for Chinese/Korean localization.
gangsterboi said:
By asian, does it mean chinese? Japanese? Or someother asian language (arabic)?
From the gbalpha post: Asia (including: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean)

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is good news! It seems from the changelog that they re-coded Sakura (from scratch maybe?). That would explain why it took so long. Now it seems Sakura and Touchpod share the same boot engine from that translation. If so that means you can change the screen for GBA games without booting M3R! This would be a nice Christmas gift from M3 if we get the english version soon.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are several problems with Sakura that have yet to be addressed. A rewrite could mean that they've been fixed.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
So what's so good about M3 recoding Sakura?
What AXYPB said, recoding could possibly mean that they made GBA/NDS settings section much nicer and implemented better..Also, the whole functionality will be better, skinning will work even better, and the whole product will get more of a "professional" feeling..

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Goldfinger is actually the way they are referring to cheating (I don't know why, but I've seen it in the EZ-Flash manager too)..

The Goldfinger by KenSingTon is apparently the popular cheat engine in China. It's heavily based (if not ripped off of) the Action Replay/Gameshark. That's why you won't see Team Cyclops refferring to it in that manner. You may still be able to find the Goldfinger for GBA on DealExtreme.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ShadoWolF XF said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Goldfinger is actually the way they are referring to cheating (I don't know why, but I've seen it in the EZ-Flash manager too)..

The Goldfinger by KenSingTon is apparently the popular cheat engine in China. It's heavily based (if not ripped off of) the Action Replay/Gameshark. That's why you won't see Team Cyclops refferring to it in that manner. You may still be able to find the Goldfinger for GBA on DealExtreme.
Ahhh, thanks for clearing that up..I mean, I knew it was something like that, just wasn't completely sure!!

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
ShadoWolF XF said:
Toni Plutonij said:

Ahhh, thanks for clearing that up..I mean, I knew it was something like that, just wasn't completely sure!!

No problem. And speaking of the devil, here it is: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6165
I'm also pretty sure their GBA flashcards use it too. The term 'Goldfinger' is as popular as the RM format
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D