Mar10 Day 2024 announcements - new Mario movie, Paper Mario TTYD remaster release date, and more

Happy Mar10 day! Nintendo is celebrating its mascot by unveiling a handful of announcements featuring Mario. A two-minute video was posted to the official Nintendo YouTube channel, detailing three new bits of information. First off, Nintendo and Illumination are teaming up once more, for a second Super Mario Bros. movie. The same team in charge of the first movie will return for this project, which will release in theaters on April 3, 2026 in the United States.

Two other reveals quickly followed: the release dates for Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, which will be out May 23, 2024, and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, which launches on June 27, 2024.

For those subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online, a few new games will arrive on the platform as well. Dr. Mario, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis, all for the Game Boy Color will arrive on March 12th.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online, a few new games will arrive on the platform as well. Dr. Mario, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis, all for the Game Boy Color will arrive on March 12th.
Dr Mario is for mono Game Boy. I checked the video and it does show the original Game Boy box art for that one.
There's a really good unofficial colourisation patch available, but obviously Nintendo won't be making that much effort.
Is Dr Mario for NES already on the subscription service? You'd think that would be a better choice for most people than a mono version because of the capsules being easier to distinguish, because, you know, colours.

Reactions: J-Will and Marc_LFD

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought NSOEP ever since it released and it's a great thing for playing emulators on the Switch.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pretty meh announcements in my opinion.... Back to playing Mario Wonder on YuZu... Fuck Nintendo
time to switch to ryu because yuzu is toast :P
Post automatically merged:

Nintendo has every right to arrest you for such a hateful comment.
let them fucking try they are DEAD to me the new guy in charge has destroyed the company so FUCK EM

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really? Sure, the first movie was quite fun, but I found Peach to be wildly out-of-character - she's nowhere near as gung-ho and adventure-happy and stuff in the games; she seems more dainty and ditzy in them, not to mention held captive the entire way through in most games.
That's woke Peach for you, and the video game version will follow suit for sure.

You're not happy they're giving you access to three roms? Nintendo has every right to arrest you for such a hateful comment.
😤
"giving" isn't exactly the right word :rofl::P

BanthonyHopkins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The plot of the second movie, is that the Mario Bros discover someone has been copying their likeness, drying up their plumbing business in Boston.

They go on a wild chase - issueing C&Ds and lawsuits to all parties involved. The movie ends with the bros back in business, but at what cost?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
> no announcements for Mario games that aren't previously-announced remasters or emulated

Drop the new console announcement already, stop beating around the bush.

Don't count on it. Flagship Mario games are usually once per generation. (even that isn't guaranteed, the GBA never got a fully-fledged brand new Super Mario platformer)

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If Nintendo weren't assholes they'd offer GCN/Wii emulation than only 8bit/16bit/64bit games.

I can't imagine getting excited to play a GBA ROM that I've always had access to.
Pretty sure to get Gamecube and Wii games running on the Switch at full speed they'd have to either port the games from source, or they would have to do a weird combination of the two like they did with Super Mario 3D All Stars.
Not defending them, as they're a garbage company, but just explaining likely why.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I adore Luigi's mansion. Really didn't like Luigi's mansion 2. The disconnected mission-based structure of 2 just feels super weird. 3 was a good return to form. Maybe hd of 2 form will be better upon revisiting.

It's a normal mario day, with a few games slightly discounted, but not the ones you really want to play. Still salty mario tennis can't use joycon gyros.

Last edited by osaka35,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...