Trophies
Website
(soon)netsparro.com
XP
Country
Algeria
szs Editor Fix Error :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwoB2YhAiHPARVpXR0pZaWpqWEE
while waiting for szs editor to encode a .bfres file to szs , i noticed it's taking too long than it would
it s normal to take loang time to do large files but in this case it was my mistake :

i added a line when generating the encode.bat

------> %windir%\sysnative\cmd.exe /c yaz0enc.exe "inputname$.szs 0.bfres"

in windows * 32 bit : this line is ignored and every thing works fine
in windows * 64 bit : i use this command-line to bypass system redirection when running a 32bit executable on a 64 bit OS
.... well , in this case it is odd ( no system redirection is happening ) and all it does is to make the process take longer
now its as fast as it could be with small changes on how texts are viewed
- when fixing this mistake , i took time to add a small window that will pop up when double-clicking on dds-list items

Reactions: Cynda and Harmonia

SuperDaStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
szs Editor Fix Error :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwoB2YhAiHPARVpXR0pZaWpqWEE
while waiting for szs editor to encode a .bfres file to szs , i noticed it's taking too long than it would
it s normal to take loang time to do large files but in this case it was my mistake :

i added a line when generating the encode.bat

------> %windir%\sysnative\cmd.exe /c yaz0enc.exe "inputname$.szs 0.bfres"

in windows * 32 bit : this line is ignored and every thing works fine
in windows * 64 bit : i use this command-line to bypass system redirection when running a 32bit executable on a 64 bit OS
.... well , in this case it is odd ( no system redirection is happening ) and all it does is to make the process take longer
now its as fast as it could be with small changes on how texts are viewed
- when fixing this mistake , i took time to add a small window that will pop up when double-clicking on dds-list items
Huh, it seems that the archive is password protected when I try to extract it. What's the password for it?

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will this work with multi-channel BFSTMs (more than 4 channels, at least for tracks), like for Cloudtop Cruise, Water Park, etc.?

Make a multi-channel BRSTM like you would for MKW and then use a converter to BFSTM.

Mod with the exclusive Mario Kart 8 deluxe?

No lol, Switch would have to be hacked first.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
@AlanLC Maybe if we copy the inkling face textures and replace them in a character face...
The stages will be complicated or impossible, but for the Urchin Underpass stage we can see this stage in Splatoon models and try to modify or replace them directly.... Idk
Bye!

Last edited by victormr21,

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically what I've thought already. How about for dealing with channels 3 and 4? Would you simply have a blank WAV file in its place? Of course, this would be for a track like Cloudtop Cruise, Dolphin Shoals and Water Park.

Well when I did a multi-channel on Cloudtop I used the same wav file for every channel (just to test) and it all worked fine including frontrunning beats iirc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@AlanLC Maybe if we copy the inkling face textures and replace them in a character face...
The stages will be complicated or impossible, but for the Urchin Underpass stage we can see this stage in Splatoon models and try to modify or replace them directly.... Idk
Bye!

@ the texture thing, wouldn't work because textures =/= model. Slapping Inkling textures onto Mario or something would just make it really ugly because it's still using Mario's model.

custom battle stages will be possible when
a) custom models become possible
b) the whole of the byaml is figured out (including enemy routes, item routes, etc)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SuperDaStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those of you that somehow think we'll be able to add Mario Kart 8 Deluxe content in MK8, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it's not happening. Or, it's not happening for a long time.
- We'll need to figure out how to dump switch games, since we'll obviously need files from the games.
- We don't know if the switch is gonna use .bfres and .szs formats.
- IF the switch uses a different format, we're going to need a tool that allows us to convert whatever the new model type is so MK8 can use it. That being said, MK8 modding needs to progress enough to the point where we can confidently and accurately import custom models into the game.
- Last thing, even though I went over this, we can't do model swaps just yet. You can't just take the Inklings and slap them into MK8 because there's no functional model swapping tool yet & Splatoon deals with facial expressions differently than how MK8 works with them.
I'd continue but I don't want this post to be very long.

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How to replace textures in tc_RT_Go_ue^h.bflim and tc_RT_Go_Msk_ue^s.bflim?
I am not able to save the dds with correct color format, when inject the .gtx the texture is wrong in the game.

I translated the whole game Mario Kart 8 into Brazilian Portuguese, just the texture that I need to replace so that is complete.

PeeJay Bonobo

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
How to replace textures in tc_RT_Go_ue^h.bflim and tc_RT_Go_Msk_ue^s.bflim?
I am not able to save the dds with correct color format, when inject the .gtx the texture is wrong in the game.

I translated the whole game Mario Kart 8 into Brazilian Portuguese, just the texture that I need to replace so that is complete.

I would suggest AboodXD's BFLIM Extractor, but..... it's so incomplete, it doesn't support RGB565 textures as of yet... So, we can't even get custom horn designs for the time being.

D

Deleted User

Pardon me, but this problem has been going on for months: Cafiine has stopped working for me. My setup is correct each time, but when loading up MK8 the boot screen is stuck (you'll notice it when the engine sounds are on loop). And when the game starts, no mods show up. It's because the server is stuck listening on 7332, which it never did before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu