Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection has been announced, following PSN leak

After seeing Overwatch possibly be leaked for release on the Nintendo Switch through an accidental listing going up too early, another game is following in its footsteps, just a handful of hours later. Spotted on the Hong Kong PlayStation Store was the Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection, for the PlayStation 4. It was also accompanied by an announcement trailer which revealed a few more details: Mega Man Zero 1, 2, 3, and 4 will be included, as well as Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent, bringing these games from their original release on handhelds all the way to consoles. According to the trailer, the game is set for release on January 2020, with the PSN listing giving a more specific January 21, 2020 date. At the time of writing, the game has not been officially announced, nor are the release platforms known, aside from the PlayStation 4, though considering the success of the prior releases of Mega Man Legacy Collection titles on Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One, a release on all of those platforms would be a safe bet.

Features new to this collection include the standard filters for pixelated games, an art and music gallery, the ability to change screen layouts for the DS titles, a "save assist" that allows players to save mid-level, a casual mode, and perhaps most notably, the Z Chaser Mode, which pits two players in split-screen against each other in a race to the finish.

UPDATE: Following an official press release today, the game has been officially confirmed. Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection will launch as a digital title on XB1/PS4/NS/Steam with a price tag of €29.99.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUCK YES! Almost goes without saying, but day one purchase for me. Preferably on Switch.
Maybe. The worst running version of MMX Legacy Collection was on PS4, surprisingly, then Switch. I ended up getting it on Xbone, but never really looked into what issues the PC version may have had or not.

P

pasc

*rubs eyes*

Gotta admit.. the PS4 *did* get way more playtime from me than the Nswitch could ever..

Dang.. Physical release pls !

R.I.P Nintendo exclusive...
Nintendo is digging their own grave lately. Sony is the more logical choice nowadays.
Even I can see that, with all the nostalgia factor Ninty left on me..

Last edited by ,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is digging their own grave lately. Sony is the more logical choice nowadays.
Even I can see that, with all the nostalgia factor Ninty left on me..
Not sure what makes you say that, I'd rather have the option to play these games at home or on the go. Also, since Sony dropped out of the portable market, it's not really an either/or proposition these days. Switch is the perfect companion device for PS4 or PC, which is a big part of why XB1 is already falling to last place.

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice they made a Zero and ZX collection, but my question is when is ZX 3 coming?
Also they already made a collection for Megaman Zero on the DS, this is pretty dumb to me. And this is a bit much for a Switch, these games are two gens, in the past I believe. When will they realize that fans just want more mega man games?

Last edited by Fates-Blade-900,

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chary Thanks, as usual, for the great reporting.
Super excited! Played the Zero Collection on the DS and really enjoyed it. Went back and played the original 3, still love playing it from time to time.
Really nice they are including the ZX games too, a really cool addition to the series. I personally liked the style and forms of the first game better, but the second felt more polished. It was weird. But hey, this makes the ZX games easier for newer fans to play them, as this is their first port.
Seeing they will get filters is cool. I still think it would be cool if these games got HD graphics at some point, loved Inti's art style. I can't listen to the trailer at the moment, but I'll assume they're going with the original GBA tracks and not the DS ones for the Zero games. Unless they're going the extra mile and using the remixed tracks?
Now we just need the Battle Network games on the Switch. It would be perfect, especially if they kept multiplayer. Star Force would be cool too, but I only really liked the third game there.
Overall, good move, Capcom. I look forward to your next. A ZX3, maybe? Or at least something that ties ZX to Legends somehow. Unless that theory that Ouroborous caused the global flood is true... hmm... Also a prequel to Z1 would be neat.
When looking back at the Zero series, I'm always reminded of how X5 was supposed to lead into Z1 and how Z3 was supposed to be the end. Rocky time in MegaMan's history. But I digress. It was still a great period that, without it, we would not have gotten any of the modern Inti games, or the darker tone in the rest of the series. Or been confirmed that Zero is the closest thing to a single legacy character the MegaMan series has; he outlived X, was in more games than any other character barring maybe the original. And so many good musical choices.
Whoops, that was more than I planned to type. Guess I can't always be a lurker. ;P

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...