i gave you my likes dominator i trusted you
how could you do this to me
look at my avatar that is my face right now

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For an actual question you could be asking - will this tool allow us to install and boot backups and/or custom titles on OFW without any patches, or is that impossible? (I remember we thought that wouldn't be possible in the wii u days, but a workaround was found so might as well ask.)
Installing and playing backups will probably require CFW on the Switch.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
So theoretically you could convert all your cart dumps to eshop games and bypass the rcm/jig process once they're all installed? Or is that not possible even with this tool?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So theoretically you could convert all your cart dumps to eshop games and bypass the rcm/jig process once they're all installed? Or is that not possible even with this tool?
You will probably need CFW to install eShop dumps and/or converted cartridge dumps and to play them.

Just think it's worth asking - remember, it was supposed to be impossible to run backups without CFW on the wii u too.
The Switch doesn't make the same silly mistakes. Loading backups of any kind will almost certainly require CFW.

Last edited by Lacius,

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>So theoretically you could convert all your cart dumps to eshop games
yes

>and bypass the rcm/jig process once they're all installed?
Maybe? most likely not, but we said that with the wii u but it ended up being possible.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
>So theoretically you could convert all your cart dumps to eshop games
yes

>and bypass the rcm/jig process once they're all installed?
Maybe? most likely not, but we said that with the wii u but it ended up being possible.
The Wii U also had a considerable oversight in the verification system that allowed for disc backups to be installed and recognized as a legitimate digital title, which doesn't exist on the 3DS (preinstalled digital titles being generic notwithstanding) and almost certainly doesn't exist on the Switch.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never understood why people are so privy to sharing private conversations they have with others on a public forum, its disingenuous and makes your conversations seem less genuine
idk, he seemed to disclose he was reporting everything back to GBATEMp plus the Rei has an account here too

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never understood why people are so privy to sharing private conversations they have with others on a public forum, its disingenuous and makes your conversations seem less genuine
I hear ya. Still hanging onto every word, because I'm a hypocrite who's fascinated.
i mean, he is pretty excited that the lord of memes responded 2 him
perhaps one day i too will be a lord of the memes

D

Deleted User

Dev here. Can you ask which NS functions are called to install a NSP? The exact arguments to the ns:am2 service commands are largely undocumented on switchbrew, as is what exactly the flow is to install NSP package using ns:am2.

Reactions: Centergaming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1