• Views 20,230
  • Replies 110
  • Likes 15

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well then good bye and take care of your life, feel free to come visit us anytime you wish. I really advise you to take legal action against anyone that threatens you (be nintendo or any other). if possible seek a lawyer.
I m also wondering why are you, hykem, choosing this timing exactly to declare that you're quitting, just after a new team announced they'll release a new exploit. are you scared or something?? and want to show you are not helping them??
As I understand from your post everyone outside hacking scene hates you (university, police ...) but just wondering is your name IRL Hykem? couldn't you simply say it isn't you ??
Btw you named Marionumber1 with his real name so how come you have no worries about him? isn't this paradoxal?

Last edited by depaul,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then good bye and take care of your life, feel free to come visit us anytime you wish. I really advise you to take legal action against anyone that threatens you (be nintendo or any other). if possible seek a lawyer.
I m also wondering why are you, hykem, choosing this timing exactly to declare that you're quitting, just after a new team announced they'll release a new exploit. are you scared or something?? and want to show you are not helping them??
As I understand from your post everyone outside hacking scene hates you (university, police ...) but just wondering is your name IRL Hykem? couldn't you simply say it isn't you ??
Btw you named Marionumber1 with his real name so how come you have no worries about him? isn't this paradoxal?
It's from his twitter. I doubt he minds, google marionumber1 its like the second. Who knows if that's even his real name. Also that other one Reltys too, same thing.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fictitious request from N Company to H:
"OK, here's the thing, H. We know as part of your agreement we insisted that you not say anything at all, and you've been doing a good job with that, and it's kept you out of jail. But now we have this problem that we need your help with, so we're going to squeeze you a bit.

You see, that other group who smashed our security around the time that you did? Well, we know they won't release their hack at least until we've patched it, so we certainly aren't going to patch it. But now there's SALT. We know the hole they're using because it's following up on your work, and you've explained that quite well. Thing is, they ARE going to release. See the problem? We're stuck. Even if we don't do an update, we're screwed.

So what we need from you right now, being that SALT's making noise this week, is for you to 'go public' about how you're in super big trouble. That'll make SALT think twice about releasing because we're proving to them that we can get to whoever we want. Don't worry about the timing. Nobody will notice that they haven't heard from you until the moment SALT started causing us trouble.

So, H... Will you do that for us, or do we have to lean on you a little harder? Oh, and while you're at it, include a list of the names of the people who were 'helpful' to you, so they know you're turned them in as well. We can't have others picking up SALT's work if SALT wises up.

Thanks. We really appreciate you having no choice but to do this for us.
Enjoy your continued freedom,
N Company"

ESL friends - fictitious means I hope I made this up.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fictitious request from N Company to H:
"OK, here's the thing, H. We know as part of your agreement we insisted that you not say anything at all, and you've been doing a good job with that, and it's kept you out of jail. But now we have this problem that we need your help with, so we're going to squeeze you a bit.

You see, that other group who smashed our security around the time that you did? Well, we know they won't release their hack at least until we've patched it, so we certainly aren't going to patch it. But now there's SALT. We know the hole they're using because it's following up on your work, and you've explained that quite well. Thing is, they ARE going to release. See the problem? We're stuck. Even if we don't do an update, we're screwed.

So what we need from you right now, being that SALT's making noise this week, is for you to 'go public' about how you're in super big trouble. That'll make SALT think twice about releasing because we're proving to them that we can get to whoever we want. Don't worry about the timing. Nobody will notice that they haven't heard from you until the moment SALT started causing us trouble.

So, H... Will you do that for us, or do we have to lean on you a little harder? Oh, and while you're at it, include a list of the names of the people who were 'helpful' to you, so they know you're turned them in as well. We can't have others picking up SALT's work if SALT wises up.

Thanks. We really appreciate you having no choice but to do this for us.
Enjoy your continued freedom,
N Company"

ESL friends - fictitious means I hope I made this up.
I don't know why, but this was entertaining to me. :rofl:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
all those stories surrounding you sound like bullshit.
attentionwhoring at it's finest.

Shhhh.. You hear that? It's the sound of nobody caring!

As for Hykem? I can actually believe it. Not a lot of businesses like to deal with people with that hobby.

Reactions: emuman100

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
That was extremely doubted speculation. The fact that he won't talk about it any further makes me think it's nothing more then that.
I'm not sure why you guys doubted the story. Hykem is a well known developer from way before the Wii u scene. On top of that, @crediar, another famous dev, confirmed the story.

Do you think he doesn't want to talk about it because he doesn't feel like it? It's obvious he is not ALLOWED to talk about it (actually, pretty sure he used that word.. Can't bother to recheck)

IOSU or not, he deserves better treatment from the community, and he certainly does not owe anyone anything

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I kind of didn't pay much attention to the whole Hykem drama outside reading it for joy, I always took both rumors of Hykem being a liar and being threatened with legal repercussions as possibilities.

What make me really sad, assuming the letter is real, is to see somebody so in love with something, a hobby, a career, being shattered by things out of his power, I really feel bad for Hykem, I hope he finds joy in the next thing he decides to follow.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why you guys doubted the story. Hykem is a well known developer from way before the Wii u scene. On top of that, @crediar, another famous dev, confirmed the story.

Do you think he doesn't want to talk about it because he doesn't feel like it? It's obvious he is not ALLOWED to talk about it (actually, pretty sure he used that word.. Can't bother to recheck)

IOSU or not, he deserves better treatment from the community, and he certainly does not owe anyone anything
Hykem himself has never mentioned anything about legal trouble or being doxed or any if the other rumors. In fact, the only source that mentioned it (aside from speculation, which is irrational) was a click bait story that had no sources or confirmation.

I highly doubt hykem was hit with a lawsuit. If that were true, every dev working on the wiiu from that point on would have been hit as well.

Also, I didn't say he owed anyone anything. I was remarking on the fact that his letter was overall pointless. He didn't clarify anything or bring any new info. You guys should start making "he doesn't owe you anything" bumper stickers. It seems to be a popular slogan here.

Last edited by WeedZ,
Reactions: brienj

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PvTrTp7Tc&pp=ygUTd2hhdCB3aGF0IGluIGRhIGJ1dA%3D%3D +1