Metroid Dread has been leaked online a few days prior to official release

hero.jpg

If waiting four more days until October 8th is too much for you to handle, and you need your Metroid fix now, it might be of interest to know that Metroid Dread for Nintendo Switch has been dumped online. Both an XCI and NSP version of the game are floating about the internet, and it appears that Ryujinx Emulator can boot the game to some extent. According to the early leaked download, the game comes in at just a tick above 4GB. As always, it's important to remember that GBAtemp's ToS do NOT allow linking to warez or illegal content, so please be mindful!

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You start off pretty powerful.
An incident causes the bad guys to take note, and you lose all your powers/abilities.

You go round getting your powers back, allowing access to different areas of the map. Defeating some mini bosses along the way with powers you just unlocked. Some mysteries about the nature of the game's universe are teased a bit but even if you have played all the others you will probably still have to enjoy a speculative lecture on what it all means.

Finally you beat the end boss, that is related to the main series big bads, and that is the game.
Sounds like the game is really short.. is it?

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Four days early is just a physical copy breaking street date. Not exactly an inside job, not even necessarily from a retail person. And this dynamic is basically inevitable for every major Switch physical release.
exactly, its a cart dump not an nsp/nca leak, I dont get why people think this is a deal, are people really gonna burn through the game on day one to avoid spoilers?! .... in metroid... as other users pointed out the story is not exactly deep.. its the hidden invisible rocket upgrades in the corners of boss and save rooms that gets you... oops! spoiler!

Actual first minute spoiler:
the X parasites are still alive!

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
People are too cheap to buy a console and games but can spend four times the amount on a PC and not support developers. Leaking a game can have spoilers and people who post entire playthroughs online because they're conceited morons.

It's one thing to blame someone who intentionally spoils the game for you, but that's not the same as leaking the game.

As for people who spend money on a PC, a lot of people who buy a PC would rather not compromise on a lesser quality PC just so that they can buy a Switch too. It's considered a waste of money and drives up demand, causing you to have to pay more for your microchips. As for supporting developers, PC owners can and do support developers. Even if they do not, it has nothing to do with you.

Amost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am getting a crash on open: 2162-0002
atm 1.1.1 firm 13

Anyone else got this problem?

Edit: fixed, my bad

Last edited by Amost,

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I think I'll just wait until Friday to buy mines for my switch. Metroid 2D games have traditionally sold not great. And this is our chance to show Nintendo that we want more, by voting with our wallets. Playing Metroid 5 will be great. Playing Metroid 10, would be even better.

Reactions: MagnesG

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That enemy with flashing light not too far into the game, screw that. Can't get past it

Edit finally.dropped that maafka

Last edited by |<roni&g,

Randy Steele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a reminder that pirating Nintendo made games is the morally righteous thing to do in most cases.
That being said, I still plan on purchasing this game but I would feel perfectly justified in pirating Nintendo games. Nintendo is a scummy company so I try to give them as little money as possible.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You start off pretty powerful.
An incident causes the bad guys to take note, and you lose all your powers/abilities.

You go round getting your powers back, allowing access to different areas of the map. Defeating some mini bosses along the way with powers you just unlocked. Some mysteries about the nature of the game's universe are teased a bit but even if you have played all the others you will probably still have to enjoy a speculative lecture on what it all means.

Finally you beat the end boss, that is related to the main series big bads, and that is the game.
I want real spoilers no babby shit.

ShadF0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Aren't the cutscenes pre-rendered?
The pre-rendered stuff doesn't display for some reason, the entire intro is just text on a black background. Cutscenes are real-time, although the game locks itself to 30 fps for the duration of the scenes.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that, I just don't want anything to happen to this site, or to slowly move towards the piracy side. I'm not necessarily against piracy, but I am against theft, if people aren't willing to pay for a game, but willing to fully enjoy it, honestly it's not going to hurt a big company like Nintendo, but it will DESTROY a small company relying on sales like humble games or what yaht club used to be. THAT I'm against. Especially if you CAN purchase but choose not to. But that's not even why I commented, I guess I just don't want us to PROMOTE piracy, although I DO see how a major leak like that IS legit gaming news, and I respect the journalism there. I guess it's just very controversial, food for thought kind of report analysis. That's my 2 cents. Y'all have a good day. And to the pirates on this thread, at LEAST support local game stores and indie developers when you can, it goes a long way.
Read the history of Gbatemp lol...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1