MGS4 controls stuck at title screen

3li3liNintendoBoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have Hen installed on my ps3 and tried running mgs4, everything until the menu screen worked fine, but in the menu screen the controls don't work at all, even with the controls plugged in via USB, does anyone know of anything I'm missing?

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had a lot of issues with mgs4, iirc I just found another version of the game and it worked. Maybe the PSN version works better, I don't really remember

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know, that's the only game I had to install another version for it to work, all others worked first try for me. All I can say is that I had issues too on a working PS3 and after a while I got it fixed

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess. I'm not sure of all the problems. you may have to ask on psx-place. they're the experts on the ps3. I forget more and more by the day, since I haven't messed with the ps3 in years.

3li3liNintendoBoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm back...
I found the issue.
There is a file inside the game called Demo.dat.
But the issue is that this file is 12gb and it cannot be transferred to the hard drive that you use to transfer games which is formatted to fat32, so it'd have to be split, but the controls aren't working is because it is split.
So the easiest way is to transfer the game via ftp but that can take a really long time so what I did was transfer the game without the demo.dat get via hard drive and the I transferred the single demo.dat file via ftp transfer.

Reactions: Eveldee

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright, I'm back...
I found the issue.
There is a file inside the game called Demo.dat.
But the issue is that this file is 12gb and it cannot be transferred to the hard drive that you use to transfer games which is formatted to fat32, so it'd have to be split, but the controls aren't working is because it is split.
So the easiest way is to transfer the game via ftp but that can take a really long time so what I did was transfer the game without the demo.dat get via hard drive and the I transferred the single demo.dat file via ftp transfer.
Good find for that one, glad to hear that it works for you and thanks for sharing how you fixed it! I'll need to try if it impacts the ISO version too

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure you can use exfat, possibly ntfs as well. fat32 should only be used with jb games or with gamedata tool. otherwise, you should use a different format or the internal hdd, like I do. it will make this much easier. even if you split the file, it will be transferred to the internal hdd in a cache, so it's pointless.

3li3liNintendoBoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, yet another update...
Now it's possible to install mgs4 like any other game, as long as you have the latest CFW.
And make sure the demo.dat files are split to demo.dat.66601 or something like that.

wsddsdasdsa

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys, yet another update...
Now it's possible to install mgs4 like any other game, as long as you have the latest CFW.
And make sure the demo.dat files are split to demo.dat.66601 or something like that.
I am new to this split and dump thing so, can you tell how to use controller in mgs 4 cuz i am not able to merge demo.dat?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway