Migrating all data from both OFW V2 and CFW V1 to new V1 Unpatched Switch for single-system use

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. So I have a few questions about a very specific and niche process and use case. I've got 3 switches: a V2 unit which is my main system for normal play (Nintendo account and saves, longer battery life), an older V1 unit that's setup with Atmosphere (with an aging fan that's becoming less effective over time with noise and heat), and a newly acquired V1 unit that's basically day 1 and virtually untouched. If possible, my goal would be to migrate all games and save data first from my V2 to the new V1 unit, clone and setup an emunand to bring my "up-to-date" saves over to CFW, and then transfer or migrate the saves from my previous modded V1 over to the newly modded V1 as well, using something like JKSV.

From what I understand, it should also be possible to move save files between both the sysnand and emunand using a tool like Tegra Explorer when mounting the eMMC for either, but if this is true, I want to make sure this won't dirty the sysnand side of things and flag the system for a ban. The aim is to consolidate everything onto one console, while using the sysnand for normal official play, using the emunand for homebrew and backups, and being able to transfer saves quickly and efficiently between both sides (I have absolutely zero plans to cheat or edit saves for online games). Would all of this be within the realm of possibility? Or would it be better to just stick with the V2 and just migrate saves from my old V1 to the new V1?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. So I have a few questions about a very specific and niche process and use case. I've got 3 switches: a V2 unit which is my main system for normal play (Nintendo account and saves, longer battery life), an older V1 unit that's setup with Atmosphere (with an aging fan that's becoming less effective over time with noise and heat), and a newly acquired V1 unit that's basically day 1 and virtually untouched. If possible, my goal would be to migrate all games and save data first from my V2 to the new V1 unit, clone and setup an emunand to bring my "up-to-date" saves over to CFW, and then transfer or migrate the saves from my previous modded V1 over to the newly modded V1 as well, using something like JKSV.

From what I understand, it should also be possible to move save files between both the sysnand and emunand using a tool like Tegra Explorer when mounting the eMMC for either, but if this is true, I want to make sure this won't dirty the sysnand side of things and flag the system for a ban. The aim is to consolidate everything onto one console, while using the sysnand for normal official play, using the emunand for homebrew and backups, and being able to transfer saves quickly and efficiently between both sides (I have absolutely zero plans to cheat or edit saves for online games). Would all of this be within the realm of possibility? Or would it be better to just stick with the V2 and just migrate saves from my old V1 to the new V1?
Any usage of hacking can and will lead to a ban.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any usage of hacking can and will lead to a ban.
This is not entirely true, actually: I've found that as long as the stock SysNAND and EmuNAND are kept completely separate, and nothing hacky is performed on the SysNAND side at all, and the EmuNAND side is prevented from contacting Nintendo's servers directly (either through the hosts file or DNS), there should be no real reason to receive a ban, and others have played just fine.

So I guess my main concern would be this: Will using a tool to access and *only extract* save files from SysNAND to then inject into EmuNAND, lead to any logs on the SysNAND side that would tip off Nintendo? It shouldn't AFAIK, but confirming this is the only barrier to this process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!