Homebrew Moonshell suddenly not showing subtitles

dappleshade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, a little info for the titular question. I use kmplayer to extract the subtitles from mkv container. Then I use batchdpg 1.60 to encode the sub and video. This worked great until I got a bigger sd card (Kingston 16gb).

Suddenly the subtitles stopped showing up. I tried recoding and putting it back in, no go. The funny thing is the subtitle shows up in showdpg. It just doesn't show up on the dsl for some reason.

Any ideas as to why this is happening would be great.

dappleshade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried putting the subtitle as the name and also as something else, no go. Anyway I gave up on finding out what's up with batchdpg and am trying other other options for now. Hopefully one of the others will work.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried putting the subtitle as the name and also as something else, no go. Anyway I gave up on finding out what's up with batchdpg and am trying other other options for now. Hopefully one of the others will work.
Try using batch DPG 1.61. its not for download but look at like page 2 or 3 in this area and find a topic called batchdpg 1.60 or newer needed then put the batch dpg 1.61 in the same folder as batch dpg 1.60 then run it done
Edit: i'll just upload it to file trip now

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
BatchDPG 1.61 is unofficially requested by me from the author. It should be posted around here somewhere. also, it supports .ASS subtitles, which when tweaked properly, can give you fansub quality subtitles that support overlapping dialogues and karaoke subtitles. it's the best option i see for subbed videos right now. other converters can do .SRT subs, but so far only BatchDPG fully supports .ASS.

also, i don't get all this renaming the subtitle file or whatnot, and how encoded videos don't show subtitles. :/ as far as i know, subtitles are hardcoded into the DPG file, which means as long as your version of Moonshell can play it, you should be able to see the subtitles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff